1987 Roster Madden 18 - Page 19 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 10-21-2017, 10:29 PM   #145
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
As another note to setting up your franchise. I highly recommend setting up formation subs for most teams at RB. You can only do this for teams using a real NFL playbook. The Run Heavy playbook will NOT allow formation subs this year. Stupid I know.

Anyway, go through each team and if you see that there are two decent RBs on the team, give the second guy a few formations. This has no effect on simmed games, but works well in played games for the CPU. Also, if you know the FB gets some carries on a team, put him in on some singleback formations. For instance, Rathman (49ers) Pollard (Steelers) Williams (Seahawks).
If you set starting HB stamiba @ 85 and non-starters @ 80, the carry distribution is excellent. 2/3-stamina point changes equals 1-play +/- per game. 85 means 53- plays from scrimmage per game for starter. Madden sim engine is 65-ppg. Try it bro
Old 10-22-2017, 04:02 PM   #146
Rookie

sra9888's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I have never gone back in and fixed lineman weights before so I truly do not have any idea what they will do to gameplay. My thought is, and this is only a guess, if you are changing ALL lineman (offense and defense) everything should balance out without additional changes. However, I cannot promise that.

Sorry I cannot be more help on that, I just have no experience with it.

That's how I felt going in. My only concern has been that when I lower weight, OL ratings don't come down, but DT ratings do. Every other position stays the same except for DTs and they come down noticeably. So, I'm concerned that it may have a serious effect on their ability while not impacting offense. Once I've set it all up and get into the season, I'll report back and let you know results
Old 10-23-2017, 12:48 PM   #147
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
So, I have made some changes to QB and RB ratings within CFM. This mainly helps with simmed games to make sure the stats are close. Prilosec developed a great deal of the theories that I have used for this, but I have modified some based on my own playstyles and what I want out of the game.

For Running backs, I took the Ball Carrier Vision rating down to a maximum of 85. All starters are between 78 and 85. Their other ratings keep them separated correctly. This helps to keep their ypc to 4.5 and under for the most part.

For QBs I adjusted AWR, SAC, MAC, and DAC
I will try to put together a chart to show the adjustments I made. The changes are easy to make for those interested, so I do not think I will post it as a new roster in MaddenShare.

These changes have an overall positive affect on gameplay as well.

For instance, Mark Malone (Steelers QB) made some great throws downfield against my Browns defense. He is low rated, but still capable when he has time to throw. Also, the lower BCV for RBs does not keep RBs from playing well. Earnest Jackson had 112 yards against me in the last game I played.
So will these new changes you are noting in CFM be put into a new update of the roster that can be downloaded? Just wondering and hoping.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 10-24-2017, 07:11 PM   #148
Rookie

for anyone interested in doing an online connected franchise usiung the 1987 rosters, come to facebook and join a group called "Madden Custom Rosters" information on how pinned to the top. Limited to 10 teams and 2, the Broncos and Giants are already gone.
Old 10-25-2017, 09:11 PM   #149
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Here are my suggested playbooks for the this roster. Overall it works well in simmed and played games. I simmed 4 seasons and the overall average was less than 1% off in run/pass ratio. Some teams were 4-5% off one way or another, with the occasional 8% off. Though that was unusual. The madden engine forces too many plays overall and there is nothing that can be done about that in simmed games. This results in too many plays and yards, but at least it is consistent through the league.

I am still working in slider world. I am basically using default all-pro. I thought I had it and then I had a really weird game with lots of turnovers and crazy pancakes blocks. Kevin Mack ran a 96 yard touchdown. So I am still working there.

I will keep you posted.
Have fun

First off......fanfreakingtastic roster my man.

I use formation subs.....but we canít with generic playbooks (unfreaking believable). So for the Run heavy playbook teams....what team playbook would you suggest?
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-26-2017, 12:27 AM   #150
Banned

ITP:

I found good ranges for realistic punting stats.
FG's as well, even though sim engine forces to many 50+ yard attempts.
I think you and I could work for EA, as we know their sim engine inside-and-out @ this point .... LOL.

I p!an to apply edits to your 1989 roster. You should really try OOTB, Madden 17, as M-18 just does not feel right to me.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:17 AM   #151
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
First off......fanfreakingtastic roster my man.

I use formation subs.....but we canít with generic playbooks (unfreaking believable). So for the Run heavy playbook teams....what team playbook would you suggest?
Thanks for the kind words.
I am not happy about the generic playbooks either. I do not understand why EA takes features away.

The teams I kept as Run Heavy playbooks are ones who had a single dominant running back. For instance Gerald Riggs for the Falcons.
If you want to use another playbook, I recommend the Baltimore Ravens for teams who run a lot and the Colts for teams who are a bit more balanced.

I really wish we could use custom playbooks for CPU teams in CFM. However, this year I am having trouble using custom playbooks in Play Now. For the last couple of years I have used a 2nd profile and downloaded my playbooks and set them for the CPU team that way. Then, once in game, I move the controller back to the center. This year, the game crashes at some point in the game. I thought it was an issue with audibles not being set, but I fixed that and it still happens. Very frustrating.

Anyway, I hope that helps with the playbooks in Franchise.
Old 10-26-2017, 07:24 AM   #152
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
ITP:

I found good ranges for realistic punting stats.
FG's as well, even though sim engine forces to many 50+ yard attempts.
I think you and I could work for EA, as we know their sim engine inside-and-out @ this point .... LOL.

I p!an to apply edits to your 1989 roster. You should really try OOTB, Madden 17, as M-18 just does not feel right to me.
I think my numbers this year are pretty good for punting and kicking. They are more closely based on EAs rating believe it or not. lol
What have you found that works for them?

I agree with you about working for EA, I think they need to give us a job. I think we probably understand how the ratings work better than they do. lol

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »