1987 Roster Madden 18 - Page 20 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 10-26-2017, 11:27 AM   #153
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I think my numbers this year are pretty good for punting and kicking. They are more closely based on EAs rating believe it or not. lol
What have you found that works for them?

I agree with you about working for EA, I think they need to give us a job. I think we probably understand how the ratings work better than they do. lol
EA is a wicked group that removes features.
I did not realize how quality OOTB, madden 17 was, until EA vomited out madden 18.
I think 70 is top punting range for 1989 punting, and 87-top range for FG.
Old 10-26-2017, 11:43 AM   #154
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
First off......fanfreakingtastic roster my man.

I use formation subs.....but we canít with generic playbooks (unfreaking believable). So for the Run heavy playbook teams....what team playbook would you suggest?
Going to throw an idea out there. I think being able to use the generic playbooks is more critical for immersion with this roster than the formation subs. So, I'm thinking about bumping-up fatigue in CFM to 55 (I think going any higher is pushing it) when using this roster. Even with default autosubs, RB rotation should still happen with this setting. The other advantage is that with higher fatigue, players have less stamina in their gauge. This will further limit the number of big plays, which should result in a more "grindy" experience better reflective of the era.
Old 10-26-2017, 12:50 PM   #155
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Going to throw an idea out there. I think being able to use the generic playbooks is more critical for immersion with this roster than the formation subs. So, I'm thinking about bumping-up fatigue in CFM to 55 (I think going any higher is pushing it) when using this roster. Even with default autosubs, RB rotation should still happen with this setting. The other advantage is that with higher fatigue, players have less stamina in their gauge. This will further limit the number of big plays, which should result in a more "grindy" experience better reflective of the era.
Last year I tried using mostly generic playbooks and the results were less than stellar. The playcalling tended to be too pass oriented. This year, the generic books, except for Run Heavy all have the pistol and wildcat formations. Those two kill the immersion factor for me. That is I have gone to the Ravens and Colts playbooks this year. While they call too many shotgun plays, the run/pass ratio is better both in game and in simmed games.

I am open to trying anything though.

I am getting more and more frustrated with M18. I really like it at first, but since the last update the pancake blocks are out of control. I cannot use my 2nd controller process in Play Now games without the game crashing.

There are certainly some things I like, but the bad is starting to get really annoying.

If you set up the generic play books and stamina like you are talking about, let me know how things work for you. I am always interested in picking up new info.
Old 10-26-2017, 04:42 PM   #156
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Excellent job w/ these rosters! I have a plan to take these into a 32 team franchise, and edit draft picks into prominent players that came into the league for '88 and so on. My question is, do you still plan to list the QB ratings edits you made? If not, I totally understand. Just curious because I plan on starting this tonight. Thanks again!
Old 10-26-2017, 07:36 PM   #157
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Last year I tried using mostly generic playbooks and the results were less than stellar. The playcalling tended to be too pass oriented. This year, the generic books, except for Run Heavy all have the pistol and wildcat formations. Those two kill the immersion factor for me. That is I have gone to the Ravens and Colts playbooks this year. While they call too many shotgun plays, the run/pass ratio is better both in game and in simmed games.

I am open to trying anything though.

I am getting more and more frustrated with M18. I really like it at first, but since the last update the pancake blocks are out of control. I cannot use my 2nd controller process in Play Now games without the game crashing.

There are certainly some things I like, but the bad is starting to get really annoying.

If you set up the generic play books and stamina like you are talking about, let me know how things work for you. I am always interested in picking up new info.
I agree, my friend. check the vault for the 2005 roster I just uploaded. the sim stats are incredible and madden 18 is simply a waste of time and life. please, refrain from any more madden 18 roster making, as it is a waste of time. we now have 3-rosters for madden 17 playable as a CFM.
Old 10-26-2017, 08:12 PM   #158
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
I agree, my friend. check the vault for the 2005 roster I just uploaded. the sim stats are incredible and madden 18 is simply a waste of time and life. please, refrain from any more madden 18 roster making, as it is a waste of time. we now have 3-rosters for madden 17 playable as a CFM.
I don't know that I would say M18 is a waste, I think most of the time the gameplay is solid. The pancakes blocks kill me though.

I did take a look at the 2005 roster, the original one anyway. I still need to download your version. However, I am not a fan of some parts of the roster. The ages of some of the players, because he used the current player, kills it for me. I also noticed a few player issues, but I have not looked too close yet. I might dive into a bit more and make some adjustments to my liking.

I did play some M17 today. I used my 1989 roster in Play Now, continuing the actual season. It was a good game between the Chiefs and Broncos. It was good, but weird. Lots of penalties and lots of turnovers. One of the strangest games of M17 I have ever played. However, it all felt "organic."
Old 10-26-2017, 10:34 PM   #159
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chino22
Excellent job w/ these rosters! I have a plan to take these into a 32 team franchise, and edit draft picks into prominent players that came into the league for '88 and so on. My question is, do you still plan to list the QB ratings edits you made? If not, I totally understand. Just curious because I plan on starting this tonight. Thanks again!
I am starting a season, so far I only have two signed up. The Broncos and Giants. If you go to facebook and search and join the group Madden Custom Rosters, the info to join is in there. If your willing to edit draft picks, I can make you a commissioner. I was only planning on doing 1 season.
Old 10-26-2017, 10:37 PM   #160
Rookie

chino22's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinnyxvincent
I am starting a season, so far I only have two signed up. The Broncos and Giants. If you go to facebook and search and join the group Madden Custom Rosters, the info to join is in there. If your willing to edit draft picks, I can make you a commissioner. I was only planning on doing 1 season.
Thanks, man, but I'm doing a solo offline franchise thing. I don't play online games...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »