1987 Roster Madden 18 - Page 4 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 08-24-2017, 08:54 PM   #25
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by fcf250
Have you tried editing yet? The game is crashing on me every single time I edit a quarterback.
I have started editing. I am done with the Browns and started the Bears. I had the crashing issue as well, it seemed to happen when trying to change a player's number. The trick seems to be that you have to wait for the player model to appear on the edit screen before you change anything. If you try to change anything before the model appears there is a good chance the game will crash. It is a weird issue and something that has NEVER been a problem before.

Something else that is an issue... when editing QB pass motions, it does not show the full throwing motion with drop back, and sometimes it does not actually change the animation on the screen at all, no matter what you try to set it to. The same is true for kickers. The animation does not change. It is frustrating and something I hope gets fixed soon.
Old 08-26-2017, 12:42 AM   #26
Banned

how is the editing process going and what do you feel for the playbooks;sim ratings; and editing player tendencies ?
Old 08-26-2017, 03:58 PM   #27
Banned

where is ur progress @ ?
Old 08-26-2017, 04:18 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
where is ur progress @ ?
Slowly coming along. I have two teams completed; Browns and Bears. I have the rest of the NFC Central set up to do equipment and ratings. Then I will move to another division.

It is a SLOW process, and honestly I am moving quicker than I expected.

I do not have an ETA for the roster to be complete, but it will most likely be sometime in October before it is done. That is the norm actually, the rosters just take time. Plus I do some testing along the way.
Speaking of testing, I played the first half of a game between the Bears and Browns (me). It was a really good half, I was pleased with what I was seeing. It was 7-7 at the half and proved to be a defensive showdown as it should. Each time had one big play for a score. Ernest Byner had a 51 yard TD run for the Browns and Gault had a 60 yard TD reception for the Bears. Other than that, defensive ruled.

I will keep everyone update on progress as I go. I will also post the roster in MaddenShare once I have two division finished. That way folks can play around with the rosters and find mistakes in names if there are any.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:04 PM   #29
Banned

cool .... even post roster if one division is done .... (hint - hint).

well, what do you think of sim stats and how to achieve them ? did you figure that stuff out yet. hope u do it true to the ERA and let people edit incoming rookies as they please. you put enough work in to be swayed to do it there way.
Old 08-27-2017, 08:26 PM   #30
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prilosec
cool .... even post roster if one division is done .... (hint - hint).

well, what do you think of sim stats and how to achieve them ? did you figure that stuff out yet. hope u do it true to the ERA and let people edit incoming rookies as they please. you put enough work in to be swayed to do it there way.
I may post once I get the NFC Central finished. In that division I have the Bears and Vikings done right now. Hopefully I will have the division finished Tuesday or Wednesday. I am being nice and letting my teenager play his beta version of the new Call of Duty tonight. lol

As for sim stats, I am still looking at everything. I ran a couple of sims with modern rosters and overall I was happy with the numbers I was seeing. I think that the way I rate players should provide decent stats for everyone. The only downside is that some QBs are low rated and rookies coming in might need adjusted. However, I am still playing with everything and testing so we will see. The big issue that I am seeing right now is going to be playbooks and getting the right run/pass percentages. It took me a long time to get things right with M17 and since they have altered the team playbooks this year I have to go back to the drawing board.

If anyone is interested in doing some testing for me, you can run some franchise sims, with modern rosters using different playbooks.
What I am looking for:
I need playbooks that do not use the pistol or other "strange" formations that did not exist in the 1980s. The Ravens may be a good place to start. I need full season run/pass numbers based on playbooks and scheme. For example: set up several teams in one season using say the Ravens playbook with balanced scheme, west coast scheme, etc...
Sim the season and check results.

How to calculate run/pass percentage:
For each team: add up pass attempts and sacks, this equals "total pass attempts"
Then add all rushing attempts.
Add those two numbers together for total plays.
Then take the total pass attempts divided by total plays, times 100 for the pass percentage.

I will take any data people can/will provide. It is a time consuming process, but ultimately necessary.
Old 08-29-2017, 09:14 PM   #31
Banned

playing calling is like last season with ratios. just go with what you learned in 17 and you will be good. pursuit for RE/LE should cap @ 85 and DT @ 75-80.
QB carry -50 and HB carry -10 from default ratings.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2017, 04:35 PM   #32
Pro

I just wanted to do a quick update. I don't want anyone to think I stopped working on the roster. Life is just busy right now, and the fact that M18 likes to freeze/ crash during editing slows things down even more.

Anyway.... I have the NFC Central finished. The Browns are finished as well and the AFC Central is underway. I have the players on the Steelers and Oilers named and numbered and I am about half way through the Bengals in that process. Once I finish the AFC Central I will post the roster on Madden Share. I am hoping that is mid-week, but I cannot promise that.

I have done very limited testing, but what I have done I am happy with the the gameplay. I have read about the QB statue fix and have applied that information into the roster. If EA fixes the issue before I release the final version of the roster I will go back and fix the QBs. If EA does not address the issue I will continue to use the fix.

I should get some extra time to work on the roster on Monday as it is a day off of school and I have not other plans. My time is limited the rest of the weekend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »