1987 Roster Madden 18 - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 09-03-2017, 01:04 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

I cant wait to use your Rosters in franchise. Guys like you don't get enough credit for the work you put in. Thanks for the update
Old 09-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #34
Banned

Cool and Thank You for update.
Old 09-04-2017, 04:26 PM   #35
Pro

Ok folks... the 1st edition of the roster is on Madden Share.
File name 1987

Currently the AFC and NFC Divisions are complete. So you have the Browns, Oilers, Steelers, Bengals, Bears, Vikings, Packers, Lions, and Buccaneers.

There is a good chance even those teams will go through some edits, but this gives me and everyone some teams to mess around with. Please let me know if you find misspelled names and such.

As far as ratings go, the only position that is not really in line with normal Madden ratings is QB. There is more separation between QBs than what Madden generally has. In my limited testing so far, it works well. But we shall see. Your feedback will help.

Please let me know how your games are playing. Tell me what you are seeing in game as well as stats. The more info I have the better the final roster will be.

Classic uniforms are improved this year, but still not perfect. Long sleeves work better on most classic uniforms, but some still lose stripes.

As a side note, I will also be making playbooks for this roster. I uploaded a 1987 run balanced playbook also, so feel free to check it out and provide some feedback. I have not tested it in game at all yet. I plan on making a handful of Offensive playbooks and a few defensive playbooks.

I will let you know when the next division is ready.
Old 09-04-2017, 07:26 PM   #36
Rookie

Coincidentally, Football Outsiders just released their analysis of this season: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/dvo...and-commentary
Old 09-05-2017, 06:48 AM   #37
Pro

I have found a problem with using custom playbooks. I created an offensive playbook to use with this roster. I have a second profile I use for Play Now games. I downloaded the playbook to that profile and used a second controller to load that profile and set the custom playbook. Once in the game, just before kickoff, I moved the controller to the middle so the CPU would take control of that team. The kickoff went fine and the first offensive play was fine. However, after the first play the game crashed.
Does anyone have any thoughts on what the problem might be? I used this same process for countless playbooks in M17 with no problems in Play Now games.
Old 09-05-2017, 10:50 AM   #38
Banned

Could be amount of total plays on the playbook.
I siuggest no more than 125-plays and only necessary sets.
No issues far.
Old 09-05-2017, 11:09 AM   #39
Banned

I just checked out the generic west coast pb. They added many plays to far/near formations. No pro-form still. I think you may just need that book to suit ur need. A man-to-man defense pb is needed.
Old 09-05-2017, 05:07 PM   #40
Pro

I think I fixed the playbook. I think it may have been that some of the audibles were not set. I set them and delete one formation and the it worked just fine.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »