Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2017, 07:17 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 0
cool. look at the Generic WC book, you will LOVE it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 06:06 AM   #42
Rookie

Jonotheking9's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Love looking through classic rosters. Great work as always on this. I did notice that the bengals backup running back is named Stafford Jennings when it should be Stanford but tbh I'm not an expert on the NFL in this era (I wasn't even born haha) I just recognised his name was wrong lol.
Old 09-08-2017, 06:42 AM   #43
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonotheking9
Love looking through classic rosters. Great work as always on this. I did notice that the bengals backup running back is named Stafford Jennings when it should be Stanford but tbh I'm not an expert on the NFL in this era (I wasn't even born haha) I just recognised his name was wrong lol.
Thanks for finding the misspelling! I make those mistakes now and then. Please let me know if you find any others.

I'm glad you have enjoyed the past rosters. I hope this one turns out as good.
The mid 80s is when I started watching football. And, as a Browns fan, it was the last time we really had a good team.lol
Old 09-08-2017, 09:17 PM   #44
Rookie

Luca_Blight's Arena

Hey guys good job on the rosters. Forgive me for the dumb question but...how do I load the 1987 playbooks into my franchise? And will these custom playbooks be assigned to each team?

Thanks guys

Sent from my LGLS675 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #45
Banned

Download playbook from vault. Search: 1987 to find all files.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 10:47 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luca_Blight
Hey guys good job on the rosters. Forgive me for the dumb question but...how do I load the 1987 playbooks into my franchise? And will these custom playbooks be assigned to each team?

Thanks guys

Sent from my LGLS675 using Operation Sports mobile app
The issue is that only the user can use a custom playbook. You have to set it as you go into that week's game. You cannot set up a custom playbook from the coach creation or schemes screen. The playbooks are best used in Play Now games.

In past years, and what I will most likely do this year, is play through the actual 1987 season and keep stats and standings myself on an excel file. It is a lot of extra work, but I like being able to use the custom playbooks for the CPU.
When I release the full roster I will do some testing in Franchise mode with different playbooks. I will post on here which playbooks and schemes I recommend for each team; to be used in a 32 team control franchise.
Old 09-09-2017, 05:20 PM   #47
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

The first team I went and checked was The Browns......I loved those 80’s Browns teams because they had some former Canes in Eddie Brown and Bernie!!!

I will use them as my main team in my first go around with this season replay.

As always your attention to detail is fantastic and I look forward to the completed set.

It will look beautiful on the PS4 Pro in 4K!!!!
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-09-2017, 11:20 PM   #48
MVP

Quick update:

I am currently working on the NFC East Division. I have the players moved and renamed. I did equipment and ratings for the Redskins this evening. I hope to upload the update midweek which will add the whole division.

Has anyone been playing any games with the roster yet? If so, let me know how things are playing out for you.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »