1987 Roster Madden 18 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

1987 Roster Madden 18

This is a discussion on 1987 Roster Madden 18 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2017, 12:46 AM   #1
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Troy, OH
1987 Roster Madden 18

Alright, so after much thinking, deliberation, and discussion I have decided the first roster I will make for Madden 18 will be 1987. This is a roster I have thought about making a few times but have always decided not to because of the complexity of the year. 1987 was the strike year and saw the scab players come in. For me, as a roster maker, this is both good and bad.
The Good: Lots of extra real players to fill the "Expansion teams"
Lots of extra players to make Free Agents

The Bad: Creating the actual rosters is more difficult. I largely rely on pro-football-reference.com for rosters and stats. Well, they have EVERY player, including the scabs. Luckily, I have the Statis-Pro football card game which has the actual 1987 rosters, with a few mistakes. So, I have cross-referenced everything and created the rosters. There will certainly be a mistake here and there, but I will make changes as I and you find them.

I have nearly completed the work I need to do before I work in-game. I will use my normal approach so you can expect a roster that will work in Play Now as well as CFM. As always, equipment will be correct as much as possible.

I am hoping for, but not expecting, full editing outside of CFM. I have been told by the equipment guru that most of the classic uniforms should have working long sleeves this year. That will be a nice bonus.

I will start working in game shortly after launch. I plan on doing some testing when I first get the game. I will start uploading the file once I complete a division. I like to do that so you all can play the roster as it comes together. Also, you all help to catch mistakes such as misspelled names and such. I do not have a timeline for completion. Unfortunately the school year starts up at the same time the game comes out, and being a teacher I get busy. I will be taking a graduate class this fall and I am coaching little league football. So, I will be busy. However, you all know I get the rosters done!

I will keep you posted as I go. If you have any questions, thoughts, or just want to talk about the 1987 season let me know!

Iteachpercussion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-04-2017, 12:47 AM   #2
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Troy, OH
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Roster File Name: 1987
System: PS4
PSN: Iteachhistory78

Current roster version: Complete! All teams finished. Free Agents adjusted with many renamed to 1987 strike players.

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 10-15-2017 at 10:00 AM. Reason: update
Iteachpercussion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:37 PM   #3
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jan 2013
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Alright, so after much thinking, deliberation, and discussion I have decided the first roster I will make for Madden 18 will be 1987. This is a roster I have thought about making a few times but have always decided not to because of the complexity of the year. 1987 was the strike year and saw the scab players come in. For me, as a roster maker, this is both good and bad.
The Good: Lots of extra real players to fill the "Expansion teams"
Lots of extra players to make Free Agents

The Bad: Creating the actual rosters is more difficult. I largely rely on pro-football-reference.com for rosters and stats. Well, they have EVERY player, including the scabs. Luckily, I have the Statis-Pro football card game which has the actual 1987 rosters, with a few mistakes. So, I have cross-referenced everything and created the rosters. There will certainly be a mistake here and there, but I will make changes as I and you find them.

I have nearly completed the work I need to do before I work in-game. I will use my normal approach so you can expect a roster that will work in Play Now as well as CFM. As always, equipment will be correct as much as possible.

I am hoping for, but not expecting, full editing outside of CFM. I have been told by the equipment guru that most of the classic uniforms should have working long sleeves this year. That will be a nice bonus.

I will start working in game shortly after launch. I plan on doing some testing when I first get the game. I will start uploading the file once I complete a division. I like to do that so you all can play the roster as it comes together. Also, you all help to catch mistakes such as misspelled names and such. I do not have a timeline for completion. Unfortunately the school year starts up at the same time the game comes out, and being a teacher I get busy. I will be taking a graduate class this fall and I am coaching little league football. So, I will be busy. However, you all know I get the rosters done!

I will keep you posted as I go. If you have any questions, thoughts, or just want to talk about the 1987 season let me know!
As a HS coach I want to thank you for volunteering your time to your local little league. You guys are so important to this game. Just don't be one of "those guys" lol
Steelers4190 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 08:45 PM   #4
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,967
Blog Entries: 2
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

First of all.....thank you thank you and yes thank you.

You are awesome.

The fact you have Statis Pro Football (I still have all my Statis Pro games as well baseball, basketball, football and yes Title Bout Boxing which is amazing and I have the 1990 season for football BTW) tells me how old school you are.

1987.....ahhh yes. I went to a scab game at the newly opened Joe Robbie Stadium. Dolphins vs Chiefs. I remember seeing Dan Marino and the boys outside and screaming and yelling at us as we went to the game.

Liffert Hobley...he stuck with the team for many years after that season. He had a monster fumble recovery for a TD in that game vs the Chiefs.

I remember it like yesterday.

What a year it was. 3 weeks of scabs......those guys gave everything they had.

Doug Williams destroys the Broncos along with Timmy Smith at RB.

I canít wait to play with this one Percussion. You are the man.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (18-10)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:25 PM   #5
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Troy, OH
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
As a HS coach I want to thank you for volunteering your time to your local little league. You guys are so important to this game. Just don't be one of "those guys" lol
I have a son going into 3rd grade and he started playing. I coached for my older son's Little League Team. I have also coached junior high school. The school where I teach has a really good HS team. 12 playoff seasons in a row and 5 or so of those have been undefeated in the regular season. As a result, the Little League has to get the kids prepared. We run a simplified version of the HS playbook. My main goal is just to get the fundamentals down and let the kids have fun with the game.
Iteachpercussion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Pro
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Troy, OH
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
First of all.....thank you thank you and yes thank you.

You are awesome.

The fact you have Statis Pro Football (I still have all my Statis Pro games as well baseball, basketball, football and yes Title Bout Boxing which is amazing and I have the 1990 season for football BTW) tells me how old school you are.

1987.....ahhh yes. I went to a scab game at the newly opened Joe Robbie Stadium. Dolphins vs Chiefs. I remember seeing Dan Marino and the boys outside and screaming and yelling at us as we went to the game.

Liffert Hobley...he stuck with the team for many years after that season. He had a monster fumble recovery for a TD in that game vs the Chiefs.

I remember it like yesterday.

What a year it was. 3 weeks of scabs......those guys gave everything they had.

Doug Williams destroys the Broncos along with Timmy Smith at RB.

I canít wait to play with this one Percussion. You are the man.
I use to play Statis Pro baseball with my uncle, but I have never been a big enough baseball fan to keep up with it. I have Data-Pro Boxing from the 1970s- early 1980s. It is a GREAT game. My dad and I are big boxing fans and would stay up way late at night playing fight after fight and keeping track of all of the results.

I am looking forward to making this roster. I know it will be a project and I plan on doing more with Free Agents than I have in the past. Like I said, I will be counting on guys like you to catch mistakes so I can get them fixed.
Iteachpercussion is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 06:34 PM   #7
Pro
 
StormsWarning's Arena
 
OVR: 9
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

Sounds amazing, looking forward to this!
__________________
Favorite Sports Teams

NFL - Cleveland Browns
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
MLB - Cleveland Indians
StormsWarning is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2017, 09:14 PM   #8
MVP
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: PA
Re: 1987 Roster Madden 18

ITS HAPPENING!


Sorry if I am missing the obvious but just want to clarify----you are creating 1987 WITHOUT the scabs, as in the season if it were to take place without a strike?

Or you are recreating the strike season WITH scabs?

I hated the scab teams so much but would love to play that season as if the strike never happened. I'd hate to lose out on the legends that went on strike.
__________________
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
xlatinoheatx is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:59 PM.

Top -