Home

Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:25 PM   #265
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Landonio
Question about these rosters, and apologies if it's been addressed already.

But I noticed quite a few player ratings are off, and don't reflect EA's updates. Some are the exact same as the launch ratings, before even the pre-season (such as Jabrill Peppers still being an 80). Idk how or why I never noticed this before. I was under the impression that they were going to be more or less the same.

My question is, is this an oversight, or intentional? Are you doing your own player ratings independent of EA's?

Thanks.
Not intentional. All QBs match EAs week 17 ratings. A mass majority of starting RBs and WRs match EAs Week 17 and Wildcard ratings. Defense on the other hand is behind. Playoff teams like the Eagles, Rams, Vikings, etc have all been recently updated to proper ratings but I'm behind with several other teams ratings wise on defense.

There's a handful of players that are 1 or 2 OVR points off from EA because I don't 100% agree with their ratings but that's based off of my own personal assessment from watching game tape. But only a handful.

It was something I overlooked and I started correcting them a few weeks back but haven't completely caught up. I've also been out of state for department training most of December and January (including right now) so I haven't been online much at all lately. I will be using EAs final roster update for the off-season soon so all the ratings will match EA then. I will be back home Saturday afternoon and will continue to fix peppers and others.

I've also focused a lot on EAs Big Movers each week so they've been getting the priorities in ratings adjustments. Also everytime a player is given ratings adjustments their equipment is also updated to their last 2 games played.

Side note - all created players added to the roster are matched to their most recent EA ratings at the time of creation, including Michael Clark i.e.

I'll be home Saturday

My M23 Community Roster for Xbox Series X/S:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eries-x-s.html

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 01-10-2018 at 10:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2018, 08:59 PM   #266
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

Disclaimer: This is the most boring time of the year for roster editing.

With that being said, I've been putting out updates for the most part daily just haven't been making many posts as there isn't a whole lot to update or post about. Today's post consists of all updates over the past 3 weeks really.

Next roster update will be Friday, the 26th in the evening since I will be out of state until then.

Quote:
Roster Update: 01/21/18 (All updates since January 3rd)

Main Roster:

* WR/KR Bernard Reedy signed to Patriots
* OT Bryce Harris signed to Saints

* DT Woodrow Hamilton promoted to active roster [Saints]
* LB Deon King promoted to active roster [Jaguars]

* WR Montay Crockett released from Jaguars
* TE Kyle Carter released from Vikings

Future/Reserve Deals:

* This is ongoing through this point of the year. A mass majority of practice squad players have been given future/reserve deals and have remained on the team. Others have also been added.

* Unfortunately teams such as the Saints and Redskins have exceeded EA's maximum roster number. This is caused because of the amount of players on I.R. I'm unable to add certain players such as OL Orlando Franklin to the Redskins or WR/KR Josh Huff to the Saints. These are just 2 players, however there are a few others. Once the offseason mode officially begins in February I will have all these corrected after players get dropped into Free Agency.

A handful of players have been added to their respective teams on future/reserve deals that were not on the previous practice squad. These are only a few players but for example: P Matt Wile [Steelers], DE Casey Sayles [Steelers], WR DeAndre Smelter [Colts], S Kelcie McCray [Bills], WR Kenny Bell [Broncos], TE Gavin Escobar [Browns], CB Robert Nelson [Ravens], RB Kelvin Taylor [Browns], RB Jeremy Langford [Jets], DB Marqueston Huff [Cowboys], K Roberto Aguayo [Chargers] etc. etc.

Depth Chart Edits:

* All 32 depth charts are updated to their last game of the season or how they currently are in the playoffs. This includes injuries. Once the Super Bowl is complete, I will use EA's final roster update and THEN I will turn all 32 depth charts into their 'predicted 2018 depth chart orders.'

* QB Sam Bradford has been promoted to #2 on the depth chart [Vikings]. After he cleared I.R. he immediately replaced Teddy Bridgewater and is the team's official backup at this point.

* RB Demarco Murray demoted to #2 RB [Titans]. He's been the starter on paper all season long however Derrick Henry picked up the starting gig further into the playoffs and eventually took lead duties once Murray got injured. Moving forward into 2018, it appears to be Derrick Henry's backfield from here on out.

* RB Mike Gillislee has been demoted to #4 on the depth chart [Patriots]. Although he had a hot start to the season he now finds himself inactive in the playoffs while Dion Lewis steals the show along with White and Burkhead.

A few playoff players were placed on I.R. and removed from their depth charts including WR Eli Rogers [Steelers], CB Jonathan Jones [Patriots],DT Tony McDaniel [Saints]

Player Ratings:

* This has been on-going for weeks now. Players have been getting updated to current EA ratings. I've gone through a few players here and there and added my own tweaks based off of my disagreement with some of EA's ratings but the roster has had some huge changes in ratings. Especially the playoff teams.
Also, I've been updating all of the players included in EA's 'Big Movers' ratings which focused on punters and kickers last week as well as a few 2nd string players on playoffs teams this week.

* Side note: There is an error in editing safeties in Madden. If you match a player identically to their madden rating given by EA, their OVR does not match up. This is only an issue existing with safeties and no other positions. Players like Jabrill Peppers, Harrison Smith among others are far off from their official EA OVR.

Future Roster Edits:

* Once February comes around as the last official EA roster is released I will be using that roster as a base for the offseason. I've already been scouting rookies and I've had 2 offers for help in given them ratings.

* Unrestricted free agents that have not shown any sort of enthusiasm in re-signing with their current teams or have confessed that they will be testing the market will be released to free agency. RFA's will remain on the team and UFAs that are in contract negotiations will also remain with the team.

* The depth charts in February will be adjusted to their 2018 predicted orders including RFAs and UFAs that are expected to re-sign.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 01-21-2018 at 09:09 PM.
Old 01-21-2018, 09:56 PM   #267
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13

With that being said, I've been putting out updates for the most part daily just haven't been making many posts as there isn't a whole lot to update or post about. Today's post consists of all updates over the past 3 weeks really.

Next roster update will be Friday, the 26th in the evening since I will be out of state until then.
What I'd give for you to be on PS4!

Sent from my SM-G920P using Operation Sports mobile app

Old 01-24-2018, 07:42 PM   #268
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13

Don't worry, Free Agency and the Draft is right around the corner haha
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 01-25-2018, 07:27 PM   #269
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

on the roster update today kane took 97% ex for gregory dallas all inj off ex ne philly and added most of the PS guys allready on game

u can make 88 draft player in the comeing days i will count now many blank pics they are and share
Old 01-27-2018, 11:30 PM   #270
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

REMINDER: My roster currently consists of how all depth charts were at the CONCLUSION of that team's season. It also consists of how the Eagles and Patriots depth chart currently is during the Super Bowl. This includes I.R.

* EA just released a roster update with 30 teams (excluding the Patriots and Eagles) with injuries released and with the depth charts set to the best overall player starting at the position. That does not resemble this season or the upcoming season's proper depth charts as free agency will alter this drastically.

* I literally had someone private message me on Xbox One yesterday afternoon telling me that they removed the 'like' they gave me and gave me an 'unlike' instead because my depth chart still has Deshaun Watson inactive....

* Anyway once again - immediately after the release of EA's final roster update around the Super Bowl, after ALL injuries are released, I will be doing a major overhaul of the roster like I've been announcing for multiple weeks now. All free agency will be in full swing and I will be making larger announcements at that time.

Today's roster update consisted of additional ratings adjustments following the the conference championships and also includes EA's most recent 'big movers' adjustments (D.J. Reader, Joe Berger, Adam Butler, Chad Wheeler, Eric Kush etc. etc. etc.)

There isn't much discussion on this forum anymore, but hopefully around free agency time it will change.

I've already begun my Excel spreadsheet for upcoming rookies. I will start posting previews within the next week.

I have one user on here asking to assist me with rookie ratings and I'm always up for suggestion and recommendation on ratings for them. The appearance and equipment I will do on my own, but rookie ratings is always an open door policy.

Appreciate your time.

Old 01-29-2018, 09:36 PM   #271
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Do you know if Playbooks save you the roster as well? If they do, would you mind switching the Giants playbook to what the Giants will run under Shurmur and Bettcher. Probably the Vikings playbook and Cardinals playbook will work well from what I've been told. If not it doesn't matter. Thanks for all of the hard work. Don't worry the fun part of editing is right around the corner haha
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2018, 09:51 PM   #272
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
Do you know if Playbooks save you the roster as well? If they do, would you mind switching the Giants playbook to what the Giants will run under Shurmur and Bettcher. Probably the Vikings playbook and Cardinals playbook will work well from what I've been told. If not it doesn't matter. Thanks for all of the hard work. Don't worry the fun part of editing is right around the corner haha
playbooks and coaches I have no control of in roster editing... sorry

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »