Home

Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-19-2018, 09:22 AM   #329
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Are you gonna Update jersey numbers cause Allen Robinson is #12 , Chase Daniel #4 , jimmy graham #80
Etc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 03-19-2018, 03:29 PM   #330
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

Today's update is complete and consists of everything that took place yesterday as well as today.

Quote:
Roster Update: 03/19/18

* QB Josh Johnson signed to the Raiders
* WR Cody Latimer signed to the Giants
* WR Jarius Wright signed to the Panthers
* TE Eric Ebron signed to the Colts
* C Maurice Pouncey signed to the Chargers
* C Russell Bodine signed to the Bills
* RT Marshall Newhouse signed to the Bills
* DL Josh Mauro signed to the Giants
* MLB Jon Bostic signed to the Steelers
* OLB Brandon Copeland signed to the Jets
* CB Orlando Scandrick signed to the Redskins
* CB B.W. Webb signed to the Giants

* OLB Shea McClellin released from the Patriots

* DE Kerry Wynn re-signed to the Giants
* DE/DT Dominique Easley re-signed to the Rams
* LS L.P. Ladouceur re-signed to the Cowboys

Retirements:

* SS James Ihedigbo officially announced his retirement from the NFL. [Free agent]. He's been removed from the roster.

Trades

* WR/KR Cordarrelle Patterson [Raiders] traded to the New England Patriots for draft pick compensation.

* CB C.J. Smith [Browns] traded to the Seahawks for a draft pick.

Depth Chart Edits:

* MLB Jon Bostic has been placed as the starting MLB [Steelers]. He's being brought in for his early down production against the run and will assume the MACK LB role while Vince Williams will continue to run passing plays as the Buck LB. Both should play an important role with the absence of Ryan Shazier.

* Jersey number corrections are a work in progress. I've been focusing primarily on rookies and transactions/depth charts but some numbers have been corrected including Jimmy Graham, Allen Robinson, Tyrod Taylor, Chase Daniel, Zane Gonzalez, Case Keeenum etc. I appreciate those who've contributed in this department. I have about 4-5 more jersey # updates that I will add in when I get home this evening.

Draft / Rookie Prospects:

* The roster currently has 47 top rated rookie prospects including LT Orlando Brown Jr., LB Leighton Vander Esch, OLB Lorenzo Carter, & CB Carlton Davis who were added to the roster today. Offensive prospects are pretty much done until we get closer to the draft. My goal is to only use CAPs on players drafted in rounds 1-2 since EA/Madden limits the amount of players you can create.

* Here's a list of all the rookie prospects currently on the roster: QB Sam Darnold, QB Baker Mayfield, QB Lamar Jackson, QB Josh Allen, QB Josh Rosen, QB Mason Rudolph, RB Saquon Barkley, RB Derrius Guice, RB Nick Chubb, RB Sony Michel, RB Ronald Jones II, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Calvin Ridley, WR Christian Kirk, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Moore, TE Mike Gesicki, TE Hayden Hurst, LT Mike McGlinchey, LT Connor Williams, LT Kolton Miller, LT Orlando Brown Jr., OG Quenton Nelson, OG Will Hernandez, C James Daniels, DE Bradley Chubb, DE Marcus Davenport, DE Josh Sweat, DT Vita Vea, DT Da'Ron Payne, DT Taven Bryan, MLB Rashaan Evans, MLB/OLB Tremaine Edmunds, MLB/OLB Roquan Smith, OLB Lorenzo Carter, OLB Leighton Vander Esch, CB Denzel Ward, CB Mike Hughes, CB Jaire Alexander, CB Josh Jackson, CB Isaiah Oliver, CB Donte Jackson, CB Carlton Davis, FS Minkah Fitzpatrick, S Derwin James, SS Justin Reid & SS Ronnie Harrison.

My M23 Community Roster for Xbox Series X/S:
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...eries-x-s.html

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 03-19-2018 at 10:36 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 02:29 PM   #331
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

Tonight's update is complete.

Next update will be Thursday....

Quote:
Roster Update: 03/20/18

* WR Ryan Grant signed to the Colts
* G/C Matt Slauson signed to the Colts
* OG Jonathan Cooper signed to the 49ers
* G/T D.J. Fluker signed to the Seahawks
* LB Josh Keyes signed to the Texans
* SS Morgan Burnette signed to the Steelers

* WR Allen Hurns released from the Jaguars
* TE Marcedes Lewis released from the Jaguars

* WR Matthew Slater re-signed to the Patriots
* MLB John Timu re-signed to the Bears
* OLB Ramon Humber re-signed to the Bills
* CB Pierre Desire re-signed to the Colts
* K Kai Forbath re-signed to the Vikings

Trades:

* FB Jamize Olawale [Raiders] traded to the Dallas Cowboys for draft pick compensation

Depth Chart Edits:

* I spent a lot of time focusing on the Colts defense this morning. They're switching to a 4-3 defense from a 3-4 but of course the default playbook for Indy is still a 3-4. I decided this morning to go ahead and convert the whole defense to a 4-3, so it will be up to the user to switch to a 4-3 defensive playbook in CFM in order to get the authenticity of it. As of right now Jabaal Sheard and John Simon are your outside ends with Henry Anderson and Al Woods being your interior starters. The team is in heavy need of help at LB and are expected to address RB and LB early on with their recently increased draft picks. I also added OLB Darnell Sankey who was recently signed on a futures deal. EA/Madden did not have him in the game.

* Tonight I edited the Giants defense as they're switching over to a hyrbid 3-4 system under James Bettcher. Once again, it's going to require the user to switch defensive playbooks in CFM mode, but it can be done. JPP and Vernon should still see the edge regardless but may not have their hands in the dirt since Bettcher enjoys using his edge rush standing up and only 2 lineman in the middle. Newly acquired OLB Kareem Martin will switch to defensive end and BJ Goodson will see more inside linebacker. Alec Ogletree will split inside duties with him but will be relied to cover the weakside during passing plays. I will adjust as time goes forward but this typically makes some players happy and some upset. It's a coin flip.

* LT Antonio "Tony" Garcia has been added back to the Patriots depth chart. He was cleared by doctors to return to football this season after suffering blood clots that kept him out of last season. He should immediately compete for the LT position.

Free Agency:

* DT Xavier Williams has been signed to the Chiefs. He was tendered by his former team [Cardinals] but they refused to match his offer sheet signed by Kansas City.

Draft / Rookie Prospects:

* The roster currently has 50 top rated rookie prospects expected to go in rounds 1-2. OT Brian O'Neill, DT Harrison Phillips and TE Dallas Goedert were added tonight.

* Here's a list of all the rookie prospects currently on the roster: QB Sam Darnold, QB Baker Mayfield, QB Lamar Jackson, QB Josh Allen, QB Josh Rosen, QB Mason Rudolph, RB Saquon Barkley, RB Derrius Guice, RB Nick Chubb, RB Sony Michel, RB Ronald Jones II, RB Kerryon Johnson, WR Calvin Ridley, WR Christian Kirk, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Moore, TE Dallas Goedert, TE Mike Gesicki, TE Hayden Hurst, LT Mike McGlinchey, LT Connor Williams, LT Kolton Miller, LT Orlando Brown Jr., LT Brian O'Neill, OG Quenton Nelson, OG Will Hernandez, C James Daniels, DE Bradley Chubb, DE Marcus Davenport, DE Josh Sweat, DT Vita Vea, DT Da'Ron Payne, DT Taven Bryan, DT Harrison Phillips, MLB Rashaan Evans, MLB/OLB Tremaine Edmunds, MLB/OLB Roquan Smith, OLB Lorenzo Carter, OLB Leighton Vander Esch, CB Denzel Ward, CB Mike Hughes, CB Jaire Alexander, CB Josh Jackson, CB Isaiah Oliver, CB Donte Jackson, CB Carlton Davis, FS Minkah Fitzpatrick, S Derwin James, SS Justin Reid & SS Ronnie Harrison.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 03-20-2018 at 10:22 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2018, 07:05 PM   #332
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13
Today's update will be on-going up until about 10pm EST.

Keep checking back for more changes/edits....
Do you plan on doing the same sort of thing for the Giants. Because it'd be easy for us, because we would just have to switch our playbook to the Cardinals since James Bettcher is here now. However, it'll be hard to tell what Bettcher is going to do and how he is going to deploy certain guys, so what are your thoughts on that?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 03-20-2018, 08:07 PM   #333
MVP

xApAthyx13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by YogiGarebear89
Do you plan on doing the same sort of thing for the Giants. Because it'd be easy for us, because we would just have to switch our playbook to the Cardinals since James Bettcher is here now. However, it'll be hard to tell what Bettcher is going to do and how he is going to deploy certain guys, so what are your thoughts on that?
Yes the Giants defense was adjusted tonight.

The Giants are planning to switch to a 'hybrid 3-4' defense with a whole lot of variables to it. So to mimic it would be difficult especially since Bettcher used a nickel defense in almost 40-50% of his formation last year with only 2 lineman down and 2 edge rushers on the outside....

I did adjust a couple things tonight. BJ Goodson, Alec Ogletree and Mark Herzlich are expected to take over the LB duties but with NY's base defense a 4-3 currently in the game it's hard to mimic truly the 3-4 not knowing where they will put each player. I placed Ogletree on the weakside for now (ROLB) but he will be playing inside as well depending on the formation. BJ was moved to MLB as he shouldn't see an outside edge at all in the new defense. Herlich also is a true inside backer, so I have him at MLB. Munson was moved to the outside and newly acquired OLB/EDGE Kareem Martin is switching over to defensive end. JPP will remain at end, but Vernon may see his EDGE/Sam position increased. I kept him at DE for now also. Dalvin Tomlinson could also find himself moved to the edge with Vernon a candidate for the weakside when Ogletree gets moved to the inside....

I'll keep monitoring the situation but the whole switch-a-roo will make some people happy and some people upset. Can't please everyone.

DT Josh Banks was also added to the roster since Madden didn't have him in the game.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 03-20-2018 at 08:35 PM.
Old 03-20-2018, 09:01 PM   #334
MVP

YogiGarebear89's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13
Yes the Giants defense was adjusted tonight.

The Giants are planning to switch to a 'hybrid 3-4' defense with a whole lot of variables to it. So to mimic it would be difficult especially since Bettcher used a nickel defense in almost 40-50% of his formation last year with only 2 lineman down and 2 edge rushers on the outside....

I did adjust a couple things tonight. BJ Goodson, Alec Ogletree and Mark Herzlich are expected to take over the LB duties but with NY's base defense a 4-3 currently in the game it's hard to mimic truly the 3-4 not knowing where they will put each player. I placed Ogletree on the weakside for now (ROLB) but he will be playing inside as well depending on the formation. BJ was moved to MLB as he shouldn't see an outside edge at all in the new defense. Herlich also is a true inside backer, so I have him at MLB. Munson was moved to the outside and newly acquired OLB/EDGE Kareem Martin is switching over to defensive end. JPP will remain at end, but Vernon may see his EDGE/Sam position increased. I kept him at DE for now also. Dalvin Tomlinson could also find himself moved to the edge with Vernon a candidate for the weakside when Ogletree gets moved to the inside....

I'll keep monitoring the situation but the whole switch-a-roo will make some people happy and some people upset. Can't please everyone.

DT Josh Banks was also added to the roster since Madden didn't have him in the game.
Yeah I can only imagine how much of a headache that would be. I would leave Herzlich out of the Starting lineup, he has been nothing more than a ST guy his entire career. But obviously for the time being you can leave it as there isn't much else you can do. I can see Goodson taking the MLB role, and have Ogletree and Martin as the Linebackers, Vernon will probably play some sort of hybrid between DE and LB as he is quick enough for it and has the talent to do it. JPP and DT will still probably paky on the line, but with the addition of Josh Mauro, it's hard to tell what role they will use him in. Time will tell. But I thank you for taking the time to tinker with it. It's nice having a guy who pays attention to all the details like you do.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
Romans 8:31, The Apex Predator Mentality
Old 03-21-2018, 07:50 AM   #335
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

These rosters are very well done. Thank you for doing them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2018, 03:40 PM   #336
Pro

Jarvis Landry #80 btw

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »