Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One) - Page 48 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

This is a discussion on Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 04-07-2018, 07:04 AM   #377
K22
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Madden 18 OS Community Roster (Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
All the work that he is putting in on top of his real life responsibilities and setting a depth chart for one position and one team is hard for you? Come on now.��
Hi....I'm really sorry...I never meant to be a pain in the ***....
Old 04-07-2018, 07:11 AM   #378
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13
I corrected it this morning before work. I had to switch the LS to C briefly to fix the Cowboys offensive line and then when I moved him back to LS/TE I forgot to adjust it. It's been fixed thanks.

I had a rush of 'dislikes' after yesterday's update. I usually get a private message or two with it, but I never got any messages this time. Not sure if it's just because of the rookie ratings or people complaining about the re-arrangement of the Cardinals and Colts defensive positions (switching to 4-3 etc.).

I had 30+ likes over the past 7-8 days with only 2 dislikes but the ratio took a dip yesterday. Oh well it is what it is.

Next update will be Monday.
Ignore the DISLIKES, they are usually from another Roster maker or some of the entitlemen generation who didn't like you missed a wrist band. Your work is appreciated.

If I remember correctly you use EA ratings and base Rookie ratings off of those?

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 04-07-2018, 09:57 AM   #379
Pro

xApAthyx13's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Ignore the DISLIKES, they are usually from another Roster maker or some of the entitlemen generation who didn't like you missed a wrist band. Your work is appreciated.

If I remember correctly you use EA ratings and base Rookie ratings off of those?
Yeah the only player ratings I mess with are the players in free agency that EA tends to neglect (they have players who haven't played football in 2-3 years with OVR ratings just as good as some of the starters in the league. Makes zero sense.)

I do my best not to touch any of the base ratings. There's a glitch that EA still hasn't fixed with safeties though. FS and SS both - the second you correct a jersey number or switch a player from FS to SS or even touch a piece of equipment, the OVR rating of that safety jumps up and down. It's been that way since the launch of M18 and it's super frustrating.

You'll have a safety with an OVR rating of 69 and the second you change their jersey number all of a sudden their OVR rating is 77 now....

and yes 99% of my rookie ratings are based on EA's standard ratings for 1st and 2nd round. I say 99% because I made Saquon Barkley a 85 OVR which is above the norm, but he's just a crazy specimen at RB not to have a higher than normal rating.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 04-07-2018 at 08:48 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 09:41 PM   #380
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by xApAthyx13
Yeah the only player ratings I mess with are the players in free agency that EA tends to neglect (they have players who haven't played football in 2-3 years with OVR ratings just as good as some of the starters in the league. Makes zero sense.)

I do my best not to touch any of the base ratings. There's a glitch that EA still hasn't fixed with safeties though. FS and SS both - the second you correct a jersey number or switch a player from FS to SS or even touch a piece of equipment, the OVR rating of that safety jumps up and down. It's been that way since the launch of M18 and it's super frustrating.

You'll have a safety with an OVR rating of 69 and the second you change their jersey number all of a sudden their OVR rating is 77 now....

and yes 99% of my rookie ratings are based on EA's standard ratings for 1st and 2nd round. I say 99% because I made Saquon Barkley a 85 OVR which is above the norm, but he's just a crazy specimen at RB not to have a higher than normal rating.

i feel your pain right now i am just update FA and i had 40 L and 3 Dislikes now its 45 likes and 6 dislikes and 4'900 DL'S

the only things that can get upset over is i Don't update Jersey numbers for FA'S or i dont fix death charts every day

or i have retired too many players
well some players that are in madden 18 wont be in 19

what do u plan to do about Griffin LB he is going to NY but is not pjod in the first 2 rounds shouild i make him off a Safty Body or LB body type

if u need need rookie's with no pics or guys under 24 i cam pm u a list
Old 04-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #381
Pro

xApAthyx13's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
i feel your pain right now i am just update FA and i had 40 L and 3 Dislikes now its 45 likes and 6 dislikes and 4'900 DL'S

the only things that can get upset over is i Don't update Jersey numbers for FA'S or i dont fix death charts every day

or i have retired too many players
well some players that are in madden 18 wont be in 19

what do u plan to do about Griffin LB he is going to NY but is not pjod in the first 2 rounds shouild i make him off a Safty Body or LB body type

if u need need rookie's with no pics or guys under 24 i cam pm u a list
It is what it is.

As of this morning I have 352 Likes, 90 Dislikes and 38,150 downloads.

I don't pay attention so much to it though because the only person ahead of me in downloads has a youtube channel and promotes himself as a PFF analyst. He's also the most disliked roster on Xbox because he changes so many OVR ratings of players and spends less time on detail of the depth charts and doesn't keep up with transactions as often as I do. So while he excels in roster rating overhauls I excel in detailed rosters. We each have pros and cons but he does put in a lot of work on his roster as well.

As far as Shaquem Griffin goes.... I'm going to save a CAP for him and have him created probably today. I highly doubt he goes in Round 2 and will likely see a Round 3 or 4 selection but I will have to create him. He deserves a detailed creation. He earned it at the combine and his pro day. The kid is an inspiration.

He's expected to be viewed as a WILL LB in a 3-4 system so you can make him a MLB or OLB and adjust his body type no problem. When I create him later I'll add pics. Obviously you have to make him right handed...but in all seriousness, what else can you do with creating him in madden... he still plays with both arms...

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 04-09-2018 at 01:57 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 02:10 PM   #382
Pro

xApAthyx13's Arena

At 6'0 230lbs, I have him as a 71 OVR MLB but he should be selected in the 3rd or 4th round. He obviously has Ryan Shazier speed (90-91) and agility (89-90) but at 20 reps on the bench press he's going to fall closer to 69-70 strength based on EA's ratings. He has great awareness, pursuit and play recognition that's comparable to top tier rookies no doubt, but his catching abilities are obviously going to lack and his tackling is sub-par and not elite. He can keep man to man coverage and plays well in the zone but I'm being non bias and realistic to the best I can.

Like I mentioned before he will be an interior LB in 3-4 systems and an outside LB most likely in a 4-3. Some view him as a possible hybrid safety/OLB but ultimately an immediate presence on special teams but where he starts or fits in on final depth charts should be interesting.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 04-09-2018 at 02:26 PM.
Old 04-09-2018, 07:22 PM   #383
Pro

xApAthyx13's Arena

Today's update is complete and consists of all changes that took place today as well as over the weekend.

Quote:
Roster Update: 04/09/18

* WR Charles Johnson signed to the Jets
* TE Timothy "Tim" Wright signed to the Chiefs
* OL Joseph Cheek signed to the Steelers
* NT Bennie Logan signed to the Titans
* MLB Kevin Minter signed to the Jets

* QB Stephen Morris released from the Redskins
* OLB Victor Ochi released from the Titans

* WR T.J. Jones re-signed to the Lions
* DL John Jenkins re-signed to the Bears

Retirements:

* WR Rodney Adams announced his retirement from the NFL [Colts]. I released him to free agency for now, because I may utilize him to be overwritten for a drafted rookie later on.

Depth Chart Edits:

* C/G Graham Glasgow has been switched to starting center [Lions.] I anticipated him moving back to LG after the team signed Wesley Johnson, however it was announced that Glasgow will open up training camp as the starting center after he performed quite well there last season. Joe Dahl and Kenny Wiggins will open up in competition at LG unless the draft dictates otherwise.

* Once again, the New York Jets are way over their roster capacity. EA only allows so many players. I was forced to remove two players today including RB Akeem Judd and RB Jahad Thomas to be able to add recent signings. If NY releases any players soon (I pray they do especially before the draft) I will add back the players necessary to keep it authentic. QB Joel Stave will likely be my next cut if I'm forced to only...

Draft / Rookie Prospects:

* The roster now has 67 rookie prospects predicted to go in rounds 1-2. I am officially done creating additional rookies until the draft arrives. I will be utilizing remaining CAPs on rookies that have no way of being matched with existing faceless rookies in free agency etc. I will only create additional rookies prior to the draft with requests only.

* I added RG Braden Smith, LB Shaquem Griffin, DT Nathan Shepherd and LB Malik Jefferson today.

* Here's a list of all the rookie prospects currently on the roster: QB Sam Darnold, QB Baker Mayfield, QB Lamar Jackson, QB Josh Allen, QB Josh Rosen, QB Mason Rudolph, RB Saquon Barkley, RB Derrius Guice, RB Nick Chubb, RB Sony Michel, RB Ronald Jones II, RB Kerryon Johnson, RB Rashaad Penny, WR Calvin Ridley, WR Christian Kirk, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Moore, WR James Washington, WR D.J. Chark, TE Dallas Goedert, TE Mike Gesicki, TE Hayden Hurst, LT Mike McGlinchey, LT Connor Williams, LT Kolton Miller, LT Orlando Brown Jr., LT Brian O'Neill, LT Tryell Crosby, LG Quenton Nelson, LG Will Hernandez, LG Isaiah Wynn, C Billy Price, C James Daniels, C Frank Ragnow, RG Braden Smith, DE Bradley Chubb, DE Marcus Davenport, DE Josh Sweat, DE Sam Hubbard, DT Vita Vea, DT Maurice Hurst, DT Da'Ron Payne, DT Taven Bryan, DT Harrison Phillips, DT Nathan Shepherd, MLB Rashaan Evans, MLB/OLB Tremaine Edmunds, MLB/OLB Roquan Smith, MLB/OLB Shaquem Griffin, MLB/OLB Malik Jefferson, OLB Lorenzo Carter, OLB/MLB Leighton Vander Esch, LOLB/LE Harold Landry, LOLB/EDGE Arden Key, ROLB Jerome Baker, CB Denzel Ward, CB Mike Hughes, CB Jaire Alexander, CB Josh Jackson, CB Isaiah Oliver, CB Donte Jackson, CB Carlton Davis, FS Minkah Fitzpatrick, S Derwin James, SS Justin Reid, SS Ronnie Harrison & SS Jessie Bates.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 04-09-2018 at 10:06 PM.
Old 04-11-2018, 10:55 AM   #384
Pro

xApAthyx13's Arena

I wasn't able to make a post yesterday and I won't be able to get another update out until tomorrow but here is what was done yesterday: super small changes (should be this way for a while until after the draft)

Next update will be Thursday afternoon.

Quote:
Roster Update: 04/10/18

* WR/KR Michael Campanaro signed to the Titans

Retirements:

* LG Richie Incognito announced his retirement from the NFL [Bills]. He was removed from the roster.

* RT Emmett Cleary announced his retirement from the NFL [Lions]. He was removed from the roster.

Depth Chart Edits:

* I moved G/C Ryan Groy over to starting LG [Bills.] He was initially going to compete with C Russell Bodine this offseason at C but his experience at guard and Bodine expected to win anyway, Groy is expected to slide over pending any changes in the draft.

* Several jersey numbers were updated today. Worked on 3 teams but the Raiders had massive changes done as almost 1/4 to 1/2 the team changed their jersey assignments. Thanks to those of you on Operation Sports and the 2 members who private messaged me on Xbox with the updates.

Draft / Rookie Prospects:

* The roster still has 67 rookie prospects predicted to go in rounds 1-2. As mentioned before, I'm done using CAPs on rookies until the draft comes around. I will be doing the whole draft this year, but want to save the remaining CAPs for players in Round 3 that I'm unable to match or utilize with faceless rookies in free agency.

* Here's a list of all the rookie prospects currently on the roster: QB Sam Darnold, QB Baker Mayfield, QB Lamar Jackson, QB Josh Allen, QB Josh Rosen, QB Mason Rudolph, RB Saquon Barkley, RB Derrius Guice, RB Nick Chubb, RB Sony Michel, RB Ronald Jones II, RB Kerryon Johnson, RB Rashaad Penny, WR Calvin Ridley, WR Christian Kirk, WR Courtland Sutton, WR D.J. Moore, WR James Washington, WR D.J. Chark, TE Dallas Goedert, TE Mike Gesicki, TE Hayden Hurst, LT Mike McGlinchey, LT Connor Williams, LT Kolton Miller, LT Orlando Brown Jr., LT Brian O'Neill, LT Tryell Crosby, LG Quenton Nelson, LG Will Hernandez, LG Isaiah Wynn, C Billy Price, C James Daniels, C Frank Ragnow, RG Braden Smith, DE Bradley Chubb, DE Marcus Davenport, DE Josh Sweat, DE Sam Hubbard, DT Vita Vea, DT Maurice Hurst, DT Da'Ron Payne, DT Taven Bryan, DT Harrison Phillips, DT Nathan Shepherd, MLB Rashaan Evans, MLB/OLB Tremaine Edmunds, MLB/OLB Roquan Smith, MLB/OLB Shaquem Griffin, MLB/OLB Malik Jefferson, OLB Lorenzo Carter, OLB/MLB Leighton Vander Esch, LOLB/LE Harold Landry, LOLB/EDGE Arden Key, ROLB Jerome Baker, CB Denzel Ward, CB Mike Hughes, CB Jaire Alexander, CB Josh Jackson, CB Isaiah Oliver, CB Donte Jackson, CB Carlton Davis, FS Minkah Fitzpatrick, S Derwin James, SS Justin Reid, SS Ronnie Harrison & SS Jessie Bates.

Last edited by xApAthyx13; 04-11-2018 at 03:15 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »