Simulation Football Roster [Madden 18 / PS4] - Page 36 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Simulation Football Roster [Madden 18 / PS4]

This is a discussion on Simulation Football Roster [Madden 18 / PS4] within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 09-13-2017, 01:07 PM   #281
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Simulation Football Roster [Madden 18 / PS4]

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovert22044
No ETA.

And I've already lowered the overalls of the free agents. I didn't blindly lower them, though. I used some stats to try and make it somewhat accurate, but the calculator will fix any inaccuracy. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sweet!

Yeah, I usually do the FA pool the lazy way and just drop things like AWR / PRC on defense and AWR / RTE (or BCV or ACC or RBK / PBK, depending on position) for the offense...

Anyway:

Continued thanks!
Old 09-13-2017, 02:50 PM   #282
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Updated transactions

I have to say, that makes me quite sad. I may be in the minority, but that sort of ruins the ones with improved ratings for CFM use, which is what I was looking forward to.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the initial updated ratings version was supposed to be the Opening Day release, with transactions and updates off of that.
Old 09-13-2017, 02:56 PM   #283
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I have to say, that makes me quite sad. I may be in the minority, but that sort of ruins the ones with improved ratings for CFM use, which is what I was looking forward to.

Maybe I misunderstood, but I thought the initial updated ratings version was supposed to be the Opening Day release, with transactions and updates off of that.

It all depends. Have you ever done a mass rating overhaul? It can 3-4 days straight of editing. I'd rather not have to do the rating overhaul TWICE on two different rosters.

Only other option is to overwrite the Opening Day roster and backtrack the transactions, but that will be quite the task as well.

We will see. Just know I'm not getting paid to do this, and if it doesn't happen, there's a reason for it. I've got plenty going on with my life outside of the game to keep me busy (60 hour work weeks, 15 hour credits at college, a wife, etc.).

My Active Roster Projects:
Old 09-13-2017, 03:25 PM   #284
Pro

NimitsTexan's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
It all depends. Have you ever done a mass rating overhaul? It can 3-4 days straight of editing. I'd rather not have to do the rating overhaul TWICE on two different rosters.

Only other option is to overwrite the Opening Day roster and backtrack the transactions, but that will be quite the task as well.

We will see. Just know I'm not getting paid to do this, and if it doesn't happen, there's a reason for it. I've got plenty going on with my life outside of the game to keep me busy (60 hour work weeks, 15 hour credits at college, a wife, etc.).
I used to build my own rosters for Tony LaRussa Baseball II, Front Page Sports Baseball Pro 98, and Hardball 6, and so I have a little bit of an idea. Which is why I no longer even try to do that sort of thing.

I just know one of the things I have loved about MLB the Show is the consistent work people, and in particular Gamer and you, do for the OSFM Hybrid OD rosters, which is something that Madden has been lacking. Maybe I was wrong, but I always thought you all started those rosters with an OD base set with initial ratings update, then tweaked both ratings and transactions as the season goes along, which is what I though you were describing here (and what got me excited).

I certainly not trying to suggest you anyone a specific roster set built to a specific criteria. For sure, it is your time to spend as you desire, and we can either be grateful for what you guys come up with, or simply not use it if it is not too our liking. However, if it were otherwise all the same, and you could build a base Opening Weekend set and then continually update that more or less as easily as starting with a mid-season base set, the former option would get my vote, that is all.
Old 09-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #285
Rookie

Daonlyjmo7's Arena

Quote:

Although I also wish it was OD, whatever you want goes since it is your roster. Plus, how many transactions could possibly happen between now and the new roster to differ from OD?
Old 09-13-2017, 04:47 PM   #286
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NimitsTexan
I used to build my own rosters for Tony LaRussa Baseball II, Front Page Sports Baseball Pro 98, and Hardball 6, and so I have a little bit of an idea. Which is why I no longer even try to do that sort of thing.

I just know one of the things I have loved about MLB the Show is the consistent work people, and in particular Gamer and you, do for the OSFM Hybrid OD rosters, which is something that Madden has been lacking. Maybe I was wrong, but I always thought you all started those rosters with an OD base set with initial ratings update, then tweaked both ratings and transactions as the season goes along, which is what I though you were describing here (and what got me excited).

I certainly not trying to suggest you anyone a specific roster set built to a specific criteria. For sure, it is your time to spend as you desire, and we can either be grateful for what you guys come up with, or simply not use it if it is not too our liking. However, if it were otherwise all the same, and you could build a base Opening Weekend set and then continually update that more or less as easily as starting with a mid-season base set, the former option would get my vote, that is all.
I currently have an Opening Day set out right now to go along with my SIMFOOTBALLOS roster that I update daily. When the ratings are done, I have one of two routes:

A. Input these ratings into SIMFOOTBALLOS and be done with ratings other than week-to-week tweaks.

B. Input these ratings into SIMFOOTBALLOS, save over Opening Day, then backtrack transactions back to Opening Day.

Route A is simpler, but if I can get rating to the Opening Day set without spending days re-inputting them, I might take that route. The issue I have with spending so much time on the Opening Day set is that it'll be used very seldom by users here on OS. Why put a ton of hours working on a roster that might only be used by 20-30 people? THAT'S my issue. It about managing workload and making sure I use my time wisely.

I will think about it, though. Thank you for commenting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daonlyjmo7
Although I also wish it was OD, whatever you want goes since it is your roster. Plus, how many transactions could possibly happen between now and the new roster to differ from OD?
A ton, actually. Lol There have been tons of transactions lately. It's definitely possible, but it would only be a pain in the *** for little to roster usage (see reply above in this post).

We will see, though. If I get enough requests, I'll have no choice but to do what I have to do to make sure the supporters of this roster project are happy with their experience here.

Old 09-13-2017, 05:06 PM   #287
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
The calculator pulls stats from PFF automatically and gives you a numerical value for each attribute. TheGame8544 did the same thing for MLB The Show. I highly recommend going and checking it out. Especially considering how it will give you an idea of how our ratings calculator will work.

So I'm confused. Will there be like an excel version for download where we can enter it ourselves?
Old 09-13-2017, 05:10 PM   #288
OCD Roster Editor

rovert22044's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingbailey87
So I'm confused. Will there be like an excel version for download where we can enter it ourselves?
The Game's Community Ratings Calculator

It will be like this one here. Feel free to download it and check it out.

We may or may not share the calculator when it's finished. We may keep it for this project only so it'll set it apart. Who knows, though. We will see how we feel when the calculator is done.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »