Home

How many created players can you make?

This is a discussion on How many created players can you make? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-26-2017, 08:50 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 2
How many created players can you make?

Just wondering how many created players you can make in game? I was interested in doing a college roster where I can change skin tones, height, weight, etc

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-26-2017, 08:59 AM   #2
MVP

Re: How many created players can you make?

I wanted to do a college roster that I could share. Is that possible?

Old 08-29-2017, 10:02 PM   #3
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

OVR: 0

I can't answer the question since I won't be buying Madden this year but the question should be "What is the maximum number of players allowed on a roster?". The number of CAP slots will change as EA adds or takes away players from the roster.

The easiest way to find out would be to download a community roster that someone has added a bunch of CAP's to and create more players without doing any edits. Just change their position and team since you'll max out the available position and team slots. You will probably have to release players from their teams because you'll hit the 75 man per team roster limit pretty quick.

The faster somebody finds this out, the faster you will see classic rosters this year. A lot of people that made classic seasons, legends rosters and off season rosters won't touch them this year because they don't know if there are the same limitations as Madden 17. M17 had a maximum roster limit of 2971 players. You could only create around 90 players on M17 if you used their initial roster and around 35 if you used the final official roster.
Old 09-02-2017, 02:41 PM   #4
MVP

I know it is only 53 players on each team

Old 09-08-2017, 08:53 AM   #5
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

I contacted karmer33fl who makes a legends roster for Xbox every year (BTW a heck of a nice guy) and he reported that he maxed out at 131 players for a total of 3135 players on the roster. So 3135 appears to be the maximum players allowed on M18.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-08-2017, 09:27 AM   #6
Rookie

But as someone said... I wouldn't worry too much about creating new players as much as just changing current players into what you want.

Go to the current rosters and change that guy with a 66 OVR to whoever you want him to be. I suggesting finding someone with similar body styles... so don't bother changing that DT to Mike Vick.
Old 09-08-2017, 09:49 AM   #7
Rookie

rplatypus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennylc629
But as someone said... I wouldn't worry too much about creating new players as much as just changing current players into what you want.
Whoever said that has never worked on an updated roster or offseason roster. For legends rosters it's not that big of a deal. For current rosters, it is a big deal. Overwriting someone that later signs with a team means that you deleted their audio which you can't get back. Then you need to edit someone else to replace the guy since you now have to edit the original player back who no longer has audio.

Also allowing only 131 create a players slots (currently) is going to hamper the efforts of offseason roster creators. There are 253 draft picks every year and another 100 or so Udfa's that make the roster not including practice squad players. So you have to figure out 250-300 players to overwrite to have an accurate offseason roster before the next Madden comes out.

Being that you can only do full edits to players in Franchise mode, you can't just edit whoever you want if you plan on sharing the file. You have to figure out who retired and match them up as best you can or use unsigned low rated players and hope they don't get signed.

3135 is too low of a number when the initial roster has 3004 players. I can't figure any reason for them to limit the game to this number except that they don't want people creating offseason rosters because they are afraid it will eat into sales numbers for the following year. From at least M12-M16 there were around 400 create a player slots, so this is definitely a step backwards the past 2 years.

Last edited by rplatypus; 09-08-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: typo

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »