Home

Ah, the simple stuff. I miss Player and Play of the Game.

This is a discussion on Ah, the simple stuff. I miss Player and Play of the Game. within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2017, 03:22 PM   #1
Rookie

testudoaubreii's Arena

OVR: 0
Ah, the simple stuff. I miss Player and Play of the Game.

Hello.

I dont know exactly why, but I was thinking about features of the past, I thought I would post about why they took out a small feature(s) a few years ago that I really looked forward to at the end of a game: Player and Play of the Game.

I used to love the anticipation at the end of the game to see what play and what player made the cut. Of course, I would want it to be my team or player, but if it was the other team, I would love to see it, too. It is one of the main reason I would not skip directly to the end of the game.

I will admit that in its final years, the Play(er) of the Game was really wonky, as in it would pick awful plays and players that had absolutely no impact on the outcome of the game.

I do miss much of the other stuff that we used to have in older iterations of the game, like all of the features in Super Star all of those years ago. It was so robust and deep. You can lose some time messing around in the feature and it was really immersive. I do miss it.

I love to look at all of the stats and awards giving out to players and teams. I am hoping to get back to an immersive and in-depth franchise mode, but that doesn't look to be happening anytime soon. And, does anyone have, or know, why they would take out all of that stuff that made it fun?

Are there features that you just absolutely miss and what are they?

Thanks in advance for the conversation!

Last edited by testudoaubreii; 09-25-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2017, 03:18 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Ah, the simple stuff. I miss Player and Play of the Game.

I just wished the halftime show was better. I wished we got updates from other games with highlights. They want to mimic simulation so badly, they should have something of the sorts.

I like seeing players on the sideline after a big touchdown when we get back from commercial. Didn't they have players on the phone once? Or am I imagining.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »