Home

PS4 historic teams from 1984 to 2000

This is a discussion on PS4 historic teams from 1984 to 2000 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
FIFA 19 Review
NHL 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review

Old 10-30-2017, 09:50 PM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: PS4 historic teams from 1984 to 2000

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
I do have the list of the rosters and have many stats reports etc.. about the starters on the teams. It is much harder to find info on the backups but I use what I can.

I don't have so much an overall rating per player but do have some key attributes. For instance Willie Gault and Mark Duper we're both track stars that came close to running in the Olympics so their speed is high. Nfl films has many top ten listings with Steve largent Cris Carter and Jerry rice as top ten all time hands so they are high on catching attribute. Football outsiders is great for comparing QB performance vs the league that year. For instance Marino in 84 would be good in 2017 but is just ridiculous in 1984 football. So it is not just Marino but specifically how good was Marino in 1984 that I am trying to rate. Although Marino was great almost every year so I'll still give him a leg up on like Mark Rypien who in 1991 was amazing but was not near that in other years so some of his stats need to come from having a great line and great receivers etc...
You are amazing... I can't wait to take my '86 Giants out for a spin with a little LT and Bavarro action... Just waiting until you say everything is complete, then the downlad begins.

Thanks for the work!
Old 11-01-2017, 12:51 AM   #34
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
I do have the list of the rosters and have many stats reports etc.. about the starters on the teams. It is much harder to find info on the backups but I use what I can.

I don't have so much an overall rating per player but do have some key attributes. For instance Willie Gault and Mark Duper we're both track stars that came close to running in the Olympics so their speed is high. Nfl films has many top ten listings with Steve largent Cris Carter and Jerry rice as top ten all time hands so they are high on catching attribute. Football outsiders is great for comparing QB performance vs the league that year. For instance Marino in 84 would be good in 2017 but is just ridiculous in 1984 football. So it is not just Marino but specifically how good was Marino in 1984 that I am trying to rate. Although Marino was great almost every year so I'll still give him a leg up on like Mark Rypien who in 1991 was amazing but was not near that in other years so some of his stats need to come from having a great line and great receivers etc...
one thing to remember, is that raising BCV per WR ability will give them better YPC stats.
Old 11-01-2017, 07:18 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had no idea what BCV ability did, but now that I know I'm gonna sim it low vs high to see the difference.
Old 11-01-2017, 10:49 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968
I had no idea what BCV ability did, but now that I know I'm gonna sim it low vs high to see the difference.
I scale it based on real stats, YPC.

99 - 95 - 90 - 85 (AVG) - 80 -- for WR

99 - 95 - 90 - and 70 for AVG TE

I got scales for all ratings, that yield near exact sim/gameplay stats.
Old 11-16-2017, 11:54 AM   #37
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Update released.
99 Rams
98 Cards
84 Seahawks

Mathteacher 68 has joined the effort and working hard at the AFC west. Hoping next upload will include finish off the west divisions leaving only the south to complete in December.

As always let me know if you'd like to see anything changed visibly such as misspelled name etc...

Thanks!
Old 11-16-2017, 11:39 PM   #38
Banned

Quote:
Update released.
99 Rams
98 Cards
84 Seahawks

Mathteacher 68 has joined the effort and working hard at the AFC west. Hoping next upload will include finish off the west divisions leaving only the south to complete in December.

As always let me know if you'd like to see anything changed visibly such as misspelled name etc...

Thanks!
Few questions:

*Can you update 1st post with your progress.
*I am willing to help, and follow your directions.
*What ages are players, on each team ?
*Are you using 0-99 scale to rate guys ?
*Have you created every guy from scratch ?

I was tinkering with idea of finishing the 2004 roster, started by TheShape-1978. I may just go with what you do, and then apply edits to ratings, so stats are not inflated to current NFL. With minimal editing to QB's and West Coast PB for sim games, the league can be made to favor offense, defense, or balanced. Rate w/ 0-99 scale, sim, and then ratings edits is my method.

GREAT WORK !!!!
Old 11-19-2017, 03:05 PM   #39
Rookie

Through the Facebook group Madden Custom Rosters, we will be taking whats complete so far and doing a trial 4 team playoffs for youtube. Look for those videos in the coming days. Also exclusively through that facebook group, we will in the future be offering 12 team playoffs using the CFM mode in Madden 18 on PS4.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1847358038908259/
Old 11-21-2017, 12:55 AM   #40
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Update released.
99 Rams
98 Cards
84 Seahawks

Thanks!
thanks to all of those working hard on this roster......will be one of the best madden rosters out there when completed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »