Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18) - Page 2 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18)

This is a discussion on Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 09-21-2017, 06:37 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Edited QB Traits Roster for Xbox One (Madden 18)

Hi again. Thanks for this thread, very interesting. And think you for your earlier reply. Can I ask if you see a big difference between throw ball away Off and On? Do you think it makes an impact on gameplay For CPU QB,s? For example will a balanced or mobile QB be more likely to run rather than pass if set to No throw ball away or am I barking up the wrong tree!

Last edited by Dazza1; 09-21-2017 at 09:07 PM.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:33 AM   #10
Just started!

Hey there man, i love the sliders thanks for all the help! I also watch football alot and consider myself to know the league very well but i was a little stuck in deciding if Andy Dalton is a balanced or pocket passer. You're thoughts?
Old 01-08-2018, 06:08 AM   #11
Rookie

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The__Bozz21
Hey there man, i love the sliders thanks for all the help! I also watch football alot and consider myself to know the league very well but i was a little stuck in deciding if Andy Dalton is a balanced or pocket passer. You're thoughts?
I'd go with balanced ... he does scramble from time time and pocket for more Brady..or Palmer types ... but it's really just opinion and how much QBs are prone to take off and run with your other settings tbh

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-08-2018, 01:07 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 2

Something to look into that can affect QB pocket actions are their tendencies. In the main menu if you open the roster and go into the edit screen for a QB (any player actually), under where you can edit their attributes you will see their "Tendency". Even if you edit their traits, they may still have "Scrambling" as their tendency.

Believe it or not Eli has a scrambling tendency!

The tendency for QB is controlled by both SPD and AGI. SPD 67+ & AGI 64+ trigger the scrambling tendency.
Old 01-08-2018, 02:05 PM   #13
Rookie

briz1046's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Something to look into that can affect QB pocket actions are their tendencies. In the main menu if you open the roster and go into the edit screen for a QB (any player actually), under where you can edit their attributes you will see their "Tendency". Even if you edit their traits, they may still have "Scrambling" as their tendency.

Believe it or not Eli has a scrambling tendency!

The tendency for QB is controlled by both SPD and AGI. SPD 67+ & AGI 64+ trigger the scrambling tendency.
Does that actually do anything tho ...I'm dubious... I think it's merely an indicator of player type when editing/creating or inspecting ratings rather than a tool used in gameplay
Old 01-08-2018, 02:43 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 2

That's the question. What I believe is that as it's tied to certain attributes (SPD/AGI for the QB) it may cause a certain affect. I've had games against Eli where is does in fact take off and run, while the real Eli is very unlikely to do so unless he needs to gain a few yards for a 1st down. He is more apt to move around the pocket.

So while I doubt the tendency has an affect in and of itself, I do believe it is an indication on where certain attributes are set that do cause certain actions. In this case if we edit Eli's SPD and AGI below the thresholds does that then cause him to not try and scramble and perhaps move around the pocket more.

Brady's SPD and AGI are below the threshold and his tendency is pocket. In the few games against him I've not had him try to scramble once. Instead he moves around the pocket more.

More observations are needed here. I posted this as being more of something to consider and not as fact. In the end it could easily be completely discredited, or completely supported by others.
Old 01-08-2018, 03:17 PM   #15
Rookie

briz1046's Arena

Again by no means definitive merely assumption and intelligent guesswork but yes pretty sure that ratings thresholds like those do influence if not directly control QB decision making as to whether to run or throw away etc ...awareness should be influential in that process too ..ie the higher AWE the more likely the better option is chosen
Pretty much impossible to test thus though without serious time on your hands

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »