Home

Official Madden Roster Update FAQ

This is a discussion on Official Madden Roster Update FAQ within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-12-2018, 12:13 PM   #65
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official Madden Roster Update FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by icicle22
SO please help me understand. The latest offical roster has a bunch of players that were cut after preseason in the free agents pool. I can see Devon Cajuste who was a TE for Browns in the free agents. When I start a CFM offline and choose to start at week 1 instead of preseason (to avoid CPU teams making weird moves) I find the free agent pool is missing most of the players that i would want to go grab to put on my practice squad. What am I missing? What is the best practice to try to get these "free agents" to stick around? I am confused. Sorry if this is a dumb question but I am ready to finally start my Browns CFM and want it to be as accurate as possible.
If you start in week 1 of regular season tge cpu still makes moves, signs free agents and makes cuts.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-12-2018, 01:18 PM   #66
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARA28
If you start in week 1 of regular season tge cpu still makes moves, signs free agents and makes cuts.

OK. But where do all the unsigned players go? Cajuste was missing and didn't appear to be on any team now. I thought Madden did some odd stuff and just remove players completely if you aren't careful.

So i'd have to edit the roster and sign all the free agents to "every team", play the preseason and don't cut any one for "every team", then when the final cuts are needed I'd have to assign these extra players to the practice squad for "every team"? Is that right? Seems like a ton of work.

When I started my Browns CFM and skipped to week one my practice squad was populated by a bunch of unfamiliar people....seemed like created players primarily. Maybe this will be a non issue but I was hoping to have some real players that I could call up in the event of an injury.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:30 PM   #67
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

Quote:
OK. But where do all the unsigned players go? Cajuste was missing and didn't appear to be on any team now. I thought Madden did some odd stuff and just remove players completely if you aren't careful.

So i'd have to edit the roster and sign all the free agents to "every team", play the preseason and don't cut any one for "every team", then when the final cuts are needed I'd have to assign these extra players to the practice squad for "every team"? Is that right? Seems like a ton of work.

When I started my Browns CFM and skipped to week one my practice squad was populated by a bunch of unfamiliar people....seemed like created players primarily. Maybe this will be a non issue but I was hoping to have some real players that I could call up in the event of an injury.
Some free agents thay are not signed dissappear, the highly rated guys were probably signed by the cpu...yes you would have to control all teams and sign the practice squad players in week 4 of the preseason and do the cuts for every team manually, depending on how accurate you want it.

Old 09-12-2018, 01:42 PM   #68
MVP

icicle22's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ARA28
Some free agents thay are not signed dissappear, the highly rated guys were probably signed by the cpu...yes you would have to control all teams and sign the practice squad players in week 4 of the preseason and do the cuts for every team manually, depending on how accurate you want it.

Thanks. So I notice Dez Bryant disappeared and I do not see him on any team or practive squad. Is this kind of thing normal? I searched under rosters/all nfl/ sort alphabetical and I can't find him and I cannot find him in any free agents pool.
Old 09-12-2018, 01:46 PM   #69
Rookie

ARA28's Arena

Quote:
Thanks. So I notice Dez Bryant disappeared and I do not see him on any team or practive squad. Is this kind of thing normal? I searched under rosters/all nfl/ sort alphabetical and I can't find him and I cannot find him in any free agents pool.
He is always signed in every test cfm i have done, but I have heard others say he has dissapeared in their's...

Old 09-13-2018, 10:09 PM   #70
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
u need to edit the FA u want to 25 to under and when the season starts edit back
Old 09-13-2018, 11:48 PM   #71
Rookie

Why is EA Madden team having such a hard time with rosters??

After today's roster update, the practice squad players are still not on their teams and are free agents.

I decided in order to finally start my franchise at preseason week 1 with current rosters (and practice squad players) like I have always done, I would just start signed each free agent PS player to their individual teams in the main menu.

Now I am running into an issue where some PS players who are on PS's in the week 2 CFM roster aren't in the main menu free agent list (Bills WR Robert Foster) and when I try to sign players to some teams, it won't let me add them because it puts the team over the cap (chargers- Cardale Jones) Why is there a salary cap in the main menu roster? Especially one that limits you from adding PS players to their true teams?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2018, 11:32 AM   #72
Rookie

Did someone started a franchise with week 1 or 2 rosters and can take a look at Mack's snaps as LOLB for the Bears pls?
Cause played a play now game with the Bears at launch and remember that they didnt use the LOLB as often as the ROLB for example

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »