M18 capaclassics - Page 9 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M18 capaclassics

This is a discussion on M18 capaclassics within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 01-27-2018, 05:11 PM   #65
MVP

sheredia's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M18 capaclassics

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Working on next - 1979 Bucs...
good choice.....looking forward to this one.
Old 01-27-2018, 05:18 PM   #66
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
Thank you! It's a niche set...not many folks use it to be honest. I think because the teams I do are so old...from the 60's and 70's. The guys in their 30's and 40's gravitate more toward the sets from the 80's and 90's and early 2000's. Those are the teams they remember.

I am almost 62 so I remember the teams from my set and when football was a lot easier to watch than it is today...IMO of course! It's impossible to replicate the 60's and 70's game play in Madden due to playbooks and the pass happy league we have today. But I am trying to get it as close as I can.

C

PS...66 Packers should be up by Noon ET today.
i grew up on the 80's and 90's teams...but also love those gritty 60's and 70's teams too. know what you mean about the playbooks, but thanks for trying cap.
Old 01-28-2018, 07:37 PM   #67
MVP

OVR: 21

1979 Bucs are up.

Files is up under my handle capa2000 and filename is
capal8knt. First post has listing of all completed teams.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:41 AM   #68
MVP

sheredia's Arena

Quote:
1979 Bucs are up.

Files is up under my handle capa2000 and filename is
capal8knt. First post has listing of all completed teams.
THANKS, capa.....any chance for a falcons or saints team to make the cut?
Old 01-29-2018, 08:01 AM   #69
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheredia
THANKS, capa.....any chance for a falcons or saints team to make the cut?
I may leave the 87 Saints team in the roster file since I used Iteachpercussion's 1987 file as a base to do these rosters. Not sure yet. They had a decent year that year (12-3). Could also consider the 1979 team when they were 8-8...mediocre but a good year for those lowly Saint teams.

Someone wanted the 1977 Falcons done (was that you?). The 1980 team is also under consideration.

C
Old 01-29-2018, 09:37 AM   #70
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

OVR: 0

I was / am the one rooting for the 77 Falcons to make the cut so I could see that grits blitz defense in action.

This roster is so great already though that I'm confident any falcons team you chose will be fun to use.
Old 01-29-2018, 01:00 PM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 0

Would anyone be interested in playing in an online CFM league with these teams?

I'm currently playing in one now with the 1984-2000 Best Teams from each franchise file. It's a league of 12 human teams, the regular season is simmed, every team that isn't human controlled is automatically given a loss, and all human teams given wins, unless they play against one another in the regular season, but those are computer simmed.

One team from each Division in the AFC and NFC (North, South, East, West) must be taken, with two wild card teams per conference, which can come from any division. If you want a team from a specific conference (AFC or NFC) and there is a division (i.e. AFC East) that has 3 teams chosen from it, then one will win the division, and the other two are wild cards. You'd have to choose a team from another division, as the AFC East would be locked out, to ensure there are division champions in all divisions, and two wild cards from each conference.

Once the playoffs are set, you play your playoff games only, and it's strictly the 12 human players. Win, you continue, lose, you're out, just like in real life.

Play a game a week, online, until someone wins the Super Bowl.

We could call it the "Madden Old Timers League", and use CapaL8Knight's finished file.

Anyone interested?
Old 01-29-2018, 01:16 PM   #72
MVP

The file has about 6-7 more teams to be added...it won't be finished for a while

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »