Home

Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters?

This is a discussion on Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2017, 11:05 AM   #1
MVP

glenzariczny's Arena

OVR: 2
Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters?

Has anyone tried these out in CFM? Video is worth the 13 minute watch. I definitely like where his head is at, but wonder what the effects are in CFM as far as contracts, draft classes, etc.

https://youtu.be/AUWTEOcokdc
MLS: Seattle Sounders FC
EPL: Manchester City FC
NHL: Dallas Stars

Follow along with all my franchises on Twitch!: https://www.twitch.tv/whiskeygamer27

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-25-2017, 04:44 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Has anyone tried "ThatFranchiseGuy"'s rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenzariczny
Has anyone tried these out in CFM? Video is worth the 13 minute watch. I definitely like where his head is at, but wonder what the effects are in CFM as far as contracts, draft classes, etc.

https://youtu.be/AUWTEOcokdc
Gonna try them right now on All-Madden, default slider.
Old 11-25-2017, 06:23 PM   #3
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

I like the idea, but it's unfortunate the roster wouldn't work in franchise, league be flooded with rookie starters. I've always wanted a madden built with roster like this, but currently it's a lot of work for play-now only rosters. Though a big tip of the hat to his effort and time spent on them.

Little too much editing per draft class to keep it balanced, Madden would need the draft class slider for MyLeague to make it less of a headache. Plus having the average starter being in the 70's would mean most of the league (especially QB) would be signed to cheaper deals.

I wonder if you did the opposite, flooding the league with high 70's and low 80's (raising their AWR to boost OVR and keep skill levels in check best you can) if you could create a way in CFM to counter the draft classes. 80+ rookies no longer are studs but starter-caliber players and there's a higher chance of a 'bust' if your slightly miss on your first round choice. Plus lowering/zero'ing out XP sliders would keep guys in that range, guys with big years get the XP and move up tiers.

Add in that the majority of the draft classes would fizzle out in the league, seeing as now your are drafting fringe-NLF players late instead of fringe-good roster guys. More rookies would be deleted each year, eliminating the flood of 68-73 ovr generic guys which are never signed but overwrite the real players around that range.

Ultimately though, the problem would be the CPU's poor cap management. They would load up on a few 90's players then have to roster low-tier guys and after a season or two there would be great QBs and other players sitting in FA never being bid on.
Old 11-26-2017, 08:40 PM   #4
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

I use these and I really like them. I've also run tests on incoming classes by % of players in each rating range and it is pretty comparable to the. Existing % in his roster. Not perfect but it doesn't ruin the franchise by any means.

Another plus is that rookies like Mixon don't get cut in preseason.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 11-26-2017, 08:47 PM   #5
Pro

Only thing wrong is jerseys numbers are not correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #6
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by natethebestever
Only thing wrong is jerseys numbers are not correct

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Then fix them.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »