Home

CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

This is a discussion on CFM Rated Roster (XB1) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-29-2017, 11:20 AM   #49
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: CFM Rated Roster (XB1)

So I simmed 20 years down the line to get rid of all current players and only have generated guys. Stats look good from a sim stand point so far which is awesome. Played 1 game so far. Only adjustment made was to QB THP. Bringing the scale down from 97-82 to 85-70. The game played quite good. The lower THP is cool because it actually allows some nice touch passes as well as giving the defense a chance to react better. The lower OVR players across the board seemed to really show the differences between players and also highlight the player type to a much greater extent. As said it was only one game (and I play PTM mode exclusively) so that's really even less gameplay then normal but I like what I see so far.

As far as some wondering what to do with progression there are so many possibilities since we can edit what we want and it really only depends on how much time you'd like to spend. If I do go down this route (which I am really leaning towards) here are some thoughts on progression.

#1 - You could give every Award winner a +1 to each INT attribute that is important to the specific position.
#2 - You could give every Pro Bowler a +1 to each INT attribute that is important to the specific position.
#3 - You can base the amount that the Award/Pro Bowlers get based on the Dev Trait.
#4 - You can factor in PotW some how as well. Maybe if they win a certain amount of times they get a boost.
#5 - Random progression. You could randomly select one or more guys per team/division/conference/league to give a boost to.

Really it's up to the user to do as he/she see's fit. But I really love this whole no XP concept.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-29-2017 at 11:22 AM.
Old 12-29-2017, 11:42 AM   #50
MVP

StefJoeHalt's Arena

OVR: 0

@Tdawg..with lower QB throw power..do you feel it’s helps provide better coverage and better QB % without edits to sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rule #1: Never leave a fellow Crasher behind. Crashers take care of their own.
Rule #2: Never use your real name.
Rule #15: Fight the urge to tell the truth.
Rule #30: Know the playbook so you can call an audible.
Twitter: @318TA621
Old 12-29-2017, 03:02 PM   #51
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StefJoeHalt
@Tdawg..with lower QB throw power..do you feel it’s helps provide better coverage and better QB % without edits to sliders?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
So obviously I've only had a super small sample size so take this with a grain of salt. I use JoshC's sliders which are basically default except Fatigue at 48 in CFM and Autosubs at 49/50. And to answer your question yes I do think that using lowering just the THP rating to that lower range will affectingly help with QB % while keeping sliders at default.

Couple cool things that I noticed were some nice off target throws while on the move or standing still. Some really cool cover animations as well. One I had my MLB covering their TE and his coverage isn't very good. So while defending he kind of just had his hand up trying to get in the way but couldn't really make a play on the ball as the TE made a nice jump ball grab. Again I will need much more games to get a better feel but I like what I see so far.

Running seems a little average so to speak. Sim stats line up pretty good with NFL totals but YPC are kind of low. Not sure what can cause this and it may be the simple fact I didn't lower DL TAK down below 50. That could make the difference right there.

The higher the OL AWR the easier they can pick up blitzes. I believe it needs to average 80 to have them start to react decently. I didn't touch this and most OL hover between 48-72. However I didn't feel over rushed on blitzes. They got me on some and the OL did a good job on others. Doesn't seem this needs to be adjusted as of yet.

So those are my quick, very early observations. The more I play the more I'll report back.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #52
Banned

Just a thought but one could manually progress at the end of the season according to their boosts from confidence. This way there is still player progression but it is slowed down and out of the users hands to pump ratings of their choice.

If you notice the screenshot khaliib posted showing the end of season goal/awards the of an OL who won OL of the Year and made the Pro Bowl, the player gets no XP, only a Dev trait boost, legacy score and confidence. However due to that confidence of 71, he is receiving a +2 boost to run and pass block and +1 to impact block. I think you could manually edit those ratings improvements and thus have some progression in players.

It would also work the other way where a player has low confidence and is taking a ratings hit. Since confidence resets each year you are now creating a system where ratings are dynamic and will increase or decrease based on individual and team success rather than be static outside of the typical regression that hits each season.
Old 12-31-2017, 01:00 AM   #53
Rookie

OVR: 2

lbj273,

That is an excellent idea, certainly one which perhaps should be built into the game. Unfortunately, it would require a tremendous amount of time after every season to implement as nearly every player would either progress or regress.

Love the idea and is something definitely worth considering.
Old 12-31-2017, 07:25 AM   #54
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by lbj273
Just a thought but one could manually progress at the end of the season according to their boosts from confidence. This way there is still player progression but it is slowed down and out of the users hands to pump ratings of their choice.

If you notice the screenshot khaliib posted showing the end of season goal/awards the of an OL who won OL of the Year and made the Pro Bowl, the player gets no XP, only a Dev trait boost, legacy score and confidence. However due to that confidence of 71, he is receiving a +2 boost to run and pass block and +1 to impact block. I think you could manually edit those ratings improvements and thus have some progression in players.

It would also work the other way where a player has low confidence and is taking a ratings hit. Since confidence resets each year you are now creating a system where ratings are dynamic and will increase or decrease based on individual and team success rather than be static outside of the typical regression that hits each season.
This idea i amazing. I love it.

The crappy part would be time involved. I've actually cooled a bit to this idea over the last few days because of the amount of time I'd have to put into it. I'm of the type that couldn't half *** it either. It's all in or nothing. But I am still loving the ideas thrown out. I may still get going with this in a week or so.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 12-31-2017 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-31-2017, 08:29 AM   #55
MVP

BlackBetty15's Arena

OVR: 12

I like the the dialog in this thread. Some good ideas. I came over from the Pro, and I was using that NFLROSTER with the edits. For the most part it was good. I had two questions for this group:

1. Is the general consensus pretty much leaning towards using the base preseason roster vs anything we DL to include KHALIB?

2. Is this roster including the Ball carrier and HM edits? I know the patch is supposedly fixing this, but I could literally go on for pages (I have) on the principle of how ratings and traits basically throw this game off to begin with. They need to toss out about 85% of the traits or throw out individual ratings that are really redundant. The 1 point rating system is really bad as well since it offers no real disparity between players.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-31-2017, 09:48 AM   #56
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
This idea i amazing. I love it.

The crappy part would be time involved. I've actually cooled a bit to this idea over the last few days because of the amount of time I'd have to put into it. I'm of the type that couldn't half *** it either. It's all in or nothing. But I am still loving the ideas thrown out. I may still get going with this in a week or so.
The time involved is indeed the crappy part, but I'm envisioning using this an an online CFM and if there's another user or two you trust to make edits it would be tedious still but lighten up the workload a bit.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »