Madden 18 1994 Roster - Page 5 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Madden 18 1994 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 18 1994 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters

Old 02-03-2018, 08:50 PM   #33
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 18 1994 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderDaveMusic
Using the 1994 roster

Raiders vs. Titans (oilers)
I am a huge raiders that knows a lot about football and my team especially. The raiders play pretty flawless, the Hoss feels like the HOSS! Occasional bad throw, runs decent, is clutch at times but seems to also habe his errors like he did in real life.

Overall the raiders seem on point.

The oilers though I notice Cody Carlson keeps taking off running and juking defenders out of their shoes. He just broke a 27 harder or so for a touchdown and has been running for possibly more yards than he is throwing for. I don't remember him running much but I could be wrong.
I took a look at Cody Carlson and I do not know why he was running on you so much. He is set to be a pocket passer and is not very fast and his running attributes are not great. Are you sure he did not get hurt and Bucky Richardson came in? Richardson is a bit more mobile and was known to take off from time to time.

If you use them again, let me know how it plays out. I tested a half against the Oilers and Carlson moved in the pocket but never ran. I will keep an eye out as well in future testing.
Old 02-04-2018, 12:16 AM   #34
Pro

The NFC Central division is not complete.

Barry Sanders is a beast!

Only the Buccaneers missed the playoffs from the division in 94. However, none of the teams were really great.

One division to go, the NFC West.
Then the expansion teams.
Then, finally, the free agents and last details.

As always, let me know how the roster is playing. I like to find problems at this point instead of once everything is complete.
Old 02-04-2018, 10:05 AM   #35
Rookie

I had issues with Carlson running around too
Old 02-04-2018, 11:03 AM   #36
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
I had issues with Carlson running around too
Interesting....

I will edit him from scratch and see if that helps.

Please do me a favor if you would. Go to his edit screen and make sure on his traits that he is set to "Pocket." He is on my end, but I suppose it is possible something got switched.

It is also possible that the player I used is a scrambler and for some reason my edits did not over-write the original traits.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:15 AM   #37
Rookie

diamond_ten's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Interesting....

I will edit him from scratch and see if that helps.

Please do me a favor if you would. Go to his edit screen and make sure on his traits that he is set to "Pocket." He is on my end, but I suppose it is possible something got switched.

It is also possible that the player I used is a scrambler and for some reason my edits did not over-write the original traits.
I have been seeing this some in my roster set too.
I made Bernie Kosar out of Marcus Mariotta.
I made him pocket really slow etc...
He still scrambles, like a turtle getting 1 yard but he still tries to run like 4-5 times per game. It is almost as if some guys are forced to scramble no matter what their traits and ratings are.
Old 02-04-2018, 11:51 AM   #38
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond_ten
I have been seeing this some in my roster set too.
I made Bernie Kosar out of Marcus Mariotta.
I made him pocket really slow etc...
He still scrambles, like a turtle getting 1 yard but he still tries to run like 4-5 times per game. It is almost as if some guys are forced to scramble no matter what their traits and ratings are.
I think this is the case. This is a result of EA not allowing full editing outside of CFM. The good news is I think that the issue can be fixed inside of CFM. When you edit players inside CFM you have more options.
For instance, you can set a QB to a specific type on their info screen in editing. Then you can further adjust them in the traits screen. For instance, in the info screen you can set a QB to other things such as: West Coast, Pocket, Strong Arm, etc... Then in the traits screen you can set to balanced, pocket, or scrambler.

So, I think that if you import this roster (once finished of course) into CFM, you can go in and edit Carlson on his main info screen to pocker passer. Then, in traits, make sure he is also set to Pocket passer. That "should" fix the issue.

There are other traits available in CFM too. The big one is if the QB throws a tight spiral or not. So that is another item to deal with only in CFM.

I cannot understand why these options are not available outside of CFM.

If I can find another QB to replace Carlson with I will before the final release of the roster. I cannot promise such a QB exists, but I will see.
Old 02-04-2018, 05:15 PM   #39
Pro

Ok, I remade Cody Carlson with another QB who was not a scrambler. I uploaded the roster again. So if you want to download it again with that change and give the new Carlson a try that would be great.

Let me know if the issue is fixed.
Old 02-05-2018, 09:06 AM   #40
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Ok, I remade Cody Carlson with another QB who was not a scrambler. I uploaded the roster again. So if you want to download it again with that change and give the new Carlson a try that would be great.

Let me know if the issue is fixed.
Great job on the rosters! I was just curious how you go about ratings? Is it just an educated guess or is it a formula you use the way Playmakers used on all his classic rosters?
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »