Home

HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

This is a discussion on HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 04-05-2018, 11:36 AM   #137
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnStar49
Josh Allen has the, by far, strongest arm in this class but a 90 THP.. a bunch of these attributes are way off...
That may be because of me not sure how much htown edited I know he has few but I'm not all that great at doing ratings ....so that's probably on me.
Old 04-05-2018, 01:22 PM   #138
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePwnStar49
Josh Allen has the, by far, strongest arm in this class but a 90 THP.. a bunch of these attributes are way off...
In AZ's (and my) defense, if you've ever created 250ish rookies, you have an idea of just how tedious and time consuming it is.

This is why we often ask for input/advice/thoughts/etc.

Now, it IS usually fairly easy to get the height & weight close, but even that can be a bit of a problem when you're making guys BEFORE the combine. College teams (& often pro teams) many times list players as different than what the actually measure out to be at the combine.

I remember last year Adoree Jackson measured 5'9" and change. Tennessee listed him at 5'11" immediately after they drafted him.

So yeah, when you're not a professional or full time scout, and you just want to have as many draftable rookies as possible, there are going to be ratings that are "way off". You can only get so much info from scouting reports, which by the way, can often contradict themselves.

As I've mentioned before, THANKS AZ!!!

(as for my roster, I'll take a look at Allen's THP and hopefully adjust accordingly... Thanks for the input).
Old 04-05-2018, 01:49 PM   #139
Rookie

Pirates0515's Arena

so I downloaded the roster and looked in free agency but didn't see any of the draft prospects. are they free agents after the season ends or what?
Old 04-05-2018, 01:55 PM   #140
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Icon7 Re: HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pirates0515
so I downloaded the roster and looked in free agency but didn't see any of the draft prospects. are they free agents after the season ends or what?
If u started a season then most likely other teams signed them to their teams...that's why not in FA Pool.

But if u didn't they will be in the FA pool section.

I don't know what u doing wrong...are u making sure u have this roster loaded before u going into cfm and also are u choosing custom roster and not pre season... If u choose pre season NONE of rookies will be in cfm because that roster dosent have them on it.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:15 PM   #141
MVP

Added Gay to the Giants and increased Josh Allen's THP to 95 (while keeping his OVR the same via awareness and throw accuracy).

Will probably use K. Street to make someone else since he tore his ACL. As mentioned last night, if I use someone else to make D.J. Moore, I'll use the current Moore for another prospect as well.

As AZ said, I don't know what the problem is with not being able to find the prospects in the FA pool.

Be sure to save the file after downloading it.

Then, for me, I always log out of the internet, then load the file. Good luck.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:27 PM   #142
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

Icon8 Re: HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
In AZ's (and my) defense, if you've ever created 250ish rookies, you have an idea of just how tedious and time consuming it is.

This is why we often ask for input/advice/thoughts/etc.

Now, it IS usually fairly easy to get the height & weight close, but even that can be a bit of a problem when you're making guys BEFORE the combine. College teams (& often pro teams) many times list players as different than what the actually measure out to be at the combine.

I remember last year Adoree Jackson measured 5'9" and change. Tennessee listed him at 5'11" immediately after they drafted him.

So yeah, when you're not a professional or full time scout, and you just want to have as many draftable rookies as possible, there are going to be ratings that are "way off". You can only get so much info from scouting reports, which by the way, can often contradict themselves.

As I've mentioned before, THANKS AZ!!!

(as for my roster, I'll take a look at Allen's THP and hopefully adjust accordingly... Thanks for the input).
I agree and yw and as far as rosters htowns is based off of mine and with mine I rated most rookies by who they compare to that's in the nfl now or in past.

Some rookies I couldn't rate like that because they Wasent in madden to get the attributes so I guessed on some.

Just like with Lamar Jackson ppl are wanting to know what his attributes are gonna be like speed etc..because he didn't run the 40 yard dash..some ppl compare him to Vick and we know Vick had crazy stats.

In that thread I posted that the 2 fastest QB's in 18 are Tyrod Taylor with 88 speed,93 agi, 91 acc, and Joe Webb who has 88 speed 92 acc and 90+ agi.

Both of them had 2 different 40's TT ran 4.57...JW ran 4.3..but yet both ended up with 88 speed.

Somebody posted he should have 95 speed to me I think that's way to high...esp since a guy that ran a 4.3 only has 88 .. So in order get that high he'd have run a flat 4.0 or less.
Old 04-05-2018, 02:37 PM   #143
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I agree and yw and as far as rosters htowns is based off of mine and with mine I rated most rookies by who they compare to that's in the nfl now or in past.

Some rookies I couldn't rate like that because they Wasent in madden to get the attributes so I guessed on some.

Just like with Lamar Jackson ppl are wanting to know what his attributes are gonna be like speed etc..because he didn't run the 40 yard dash..some ppl compare him to Vick and we know Vick had crazy stats.

In that thread I posted that the 2 fastest QB's in 18 are Tyrod Taylor with 88 speed,93 agi, 91 acc, and Joe Webb who has 88 speed 92 acc and 90+ agi.

Both of them had 2 different 40's TT ran 4.57...JW ran 4.3..but yet both ended up with 88 speed.

Somebody posted he should have 95 speed to me I think that's way to high...esp since a guy that ran a 4.3 only has 88 .. So in order get that high he'd have run a flat 4.0 or less.
I did edit most of your 110-115ish rookies I kept and used, however. So I do accept some responsibility for ratings needing adjusting lol.

I think I might be a little more OCD with equipment, height/weight, hometown, etc. That, and/or you just hadn't made rosters in a few years and got excited as you were making guys and flew through a few guys lol (we already talked about this earlier in the thread though). I know that's easy to do.

But, I agree with you on the speed thing. A couple years ago, a guy who apparently does a lot of ratings work on the NCAA game for the community shared his speed chart with me. I used that.

Having said that, there is a huge difference in 40 speed and GAME speed. Sometimes it's just smart to not rate a guy who ONLY runs fast as SUPER FAST. You then have to drop so many other ratings to keep his OVR in line.

There's "workout" speed and power and accuracy, etc... then, there's GAME speed, power and accuracy. At least that's my opinion.
Old 04-05-2018, 03:38 PM   #144
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

I was trying to see if I could find a replacement for DJ Moore but either he got a really dark tan by time combine rolled around or else they have somebody else's pic and they saying its him lol.

I was looking at pics and in some he's really light skinned. But then the combine one looks like he stayed lol to long in tan booth lol.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »