Home

HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

This is a discussion on HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
NBA Live 19 Review
NBA 2K19 Review
NASCAR Heat 3 Review

Old 03-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #9
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: HTown5933 M18 Draft Prospects (PS4)

Ok got ya, yea cause I dont like renaming guys who are currently signed even if they are future contract players so I may move some of last year's rookies to one year players then create rookies over the old rookie model. But it's twice the work unfortunately, I may also just make around 100 rookies until the draft then make the guys I'm missing later.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-05-2018, 11:18 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
No all guys I used were guys who were like lowest on depth charts so I just renamed them I didn't rename any one with 1 yr exp.
This is a trick I've used towards the end of making guys the last couple years... a last resort thing.

Taking a rookie on a team and using him for a prospect and replacing him with the exact ratings with a free agent with 1 year exp.

Both AZ and I hate using the "1 EXP" guys for rookies. Just hate it.

I was SOOOOOO happy he took off making these guys. Hated to try and fix Tom's and use it. Just too old. Too many guys who returned to school, etc.

Friggin AZ told me he "couldn't make any more" so I got started.... then told him what I was gonna' do to his roster and that guy took off making more!! lol. I'd have waited.

Got way too far along in mine to go back and use his with the 36 extra prospects. Hey, AZ... got a question... will use a new response for it.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:21 PM   #11
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega412930
Ok got ya, yea cause I dont like renaming guys who are currently signed even if they are future contract players so I may move some of last year's rookies to one year players then create rookies over the old rookie model. But it's twice the work unfortunately, I may also just make around 100 rookies until the draft then make the guys I'm missing later.

I don't LIKE using futures/reserves guys, so I try to keep it at a minimum, but unfortunately with the limited CAP's, it's absolutely necessary to get any decent amount of prospects made - at least through the 3rd round.

One thing I can tell you guys - no matter which site you use for mocks and potential picks... you will be disappointed after the draft lol.

I always say to myself "OK, I know I've got at least enough guys made through round x, or z.... " and there are teams who pick guys early or out of nowhere... and you have to create guys you didn't even plan on... and are stuck with guys who didn't get drafted. Frustrating when you make a bunch early.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-05-2018, 11:24 PM   #12
MVP

Hey AZ, did you google images of guys' equipment/accessories/gear when making your prospects?

I only went through the ratings and didn't focus at all on the gear like I'd do when I'd create guys (and did it for the 37 guys I added to your base).

But, after I uploaded I went back and added Vita Vea to the Cowboys just to "see it" (lol... no, they likely won't draft him) and noticed he had standard arm sleeves, forearm arm sleeves, gloves and standard height socks.

In all the pics I googled, he had sleeveless jersey, no arm sleeves (or tape or anything for that matter), no gloves and low socks. I made the changes, but just wondered how much you may have focused on stuff like that when you created your prospects?

Last edited by htown5933; 03-05-2018 at 11:26 PM.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:30 PM   #13
MVP

omega412930's Arena

OVR: 5

Yea I've noticed the top maybe 75 players are a lock to get picked somewhere. Then it's all over the place. The only good part about having guys created who don't get drafted is odds are you'll have alot of the UDFAs who get signed. But yea it's never how we think.

NHL - New Jersey Devils
NFL - Dallas Cowboys
MLB - Philadelphia Phillies
NBA - Brooklyn Nets
NCAAF - Oregon Ducks
NCAAB - Duke Blue Devils
Old 03-06-2018, 10:52 AM   #14
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by htown5933
Hey AZ, did you google images of guys' equipment/accessories/gear when making your prospects?

I only went through the ratings and didn't focus at all on the gear like I'd do when I'd create guys (and did it for the 37 guys I added to your base).

But, after I uploaded I went back and added Vita Vea to the Cowboys just to "see it" (lol... no, they likely won't draft him) and noticed he had standard arm sleeves, forearm arm sleeves, gloves and standard height socks.

In all the pics I googled, he had sleeveless jersey, no arm sleeves (or tape or anything for that matter), no gloves and low socks. I made the changes, but just wondered how much you may have focused on stuff like that when you created your prospects?

I useally try get right helmet and gloves arm bands etc but some pics I saw of players had them wearing different equipment in them like long sleeves in one and next not I've been going back through and trying fix a lot of that.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:02 PM   #15
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by azdawgpound
I useally try get right helmet and gloves arm bands etc but some pics I saw of players had them wearing different equipment in them like long sleeves in one and next not I've been going back through and trying fix a lot of that.
Yeah, it's a lot of work.

I went through the QB's and RB's and updated all their gear/equipment and numbers, etc. Hope to finish the rest later tonight. Time consuming. Especially when you try to use the most recent photo(s) and make sure it's not from a year or two ago.

I have almost 50 names I'd like to add (many of which you probably added in your latest version), but I may either go slow, only add ones I feel are likely to be drafted in the first 4 rds, just wait awhile or a combo of all of these options lol.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:10 PM   #16
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

if u use week 3 rosters u can make 267 players

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »