Home

2002 Roster

This is a discussion on 2002 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
Why Legends Should Make a Return in EA Sports PGA Tour
AEW: Fight Forever - New Gameplay Videos and Info Revealed
Madden 24 Rumors: A Little Too Quiet...

Old 06-26-2018, 02:39 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: 2002 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dylanrocks83
I've been using your classic rosters since NCAA 14's 1995 season! I'm wondering what your plans are for Madden 19 since they now allow people to create and share draft classes. Will you be doing that at all? What seasons do you want to recreate for the regular roster?

Thanks for all the hard work!!!
I am glad you have enjoyed my rosters. I do not want to take credit for someone else's work so I just wanted to let you know that the NCAA 14s roster is not mine. Though, it is a great roster, it is one I use on the game.

As for Madden 19 plans: I am planning to start with the 1991 season. I plan on then making draft classes for 1992-1994 at least. That is at least the plan at the moment. I will know more when more information is available and I actually get the game in hand.

I will be creating a thread here eventually with the hope of enlisting some help with the draft classes. My plan is to see if I can find some folks who are willing to do some of the work such as names, height, weight, college, age. Then I would take the file and do equipment and ratings. However, this is all based on how the whole draft class creation system is set up. But that is my current plan.

If that goes well I could see making either more draft classes, or starting in a different year. I have often thought about doing a late 1970s or early 1980s roster. However, that will require some testing before I get started on something like that.

I am hopeful with the whole draft class creation. One of the biggest perks is that I can make sure that the draft classes ratings match my ratings system. For instance, I tend to rate QBs much lower than the standard Madden ratings and it would be nice to make sure that the draft classes match that system.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 06-26-2018, 03:05 PM   #26
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

You are rocking it Teach! Downloaded and played a few downs...Cowboys vs Niners in their '94 retros...loved it! Then I had to go to work...crap!
Old 06-26-2018, 05:14 PM   #27
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
You are rocking it Teach! Downloaded and played a few downs...Cowboys vs Niners in their '94 retros...loved it! Then I had to go to work...crap!
Work always gets in the way of the important things in life. lol

Luckily I am on summer break right now. However, I am doing a lot a writing this summer as well as lesson planning for next year as I changed textbooks in EVERY class I teach. Oh well, still more playing time now than during the school year.
Old 07-07-2018, 02:48 PM   #28
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I am glad you have enjoyed my rosters. I do not want to take credit for someone else's work so I just wanted to let you know that the NCAA 14s roster is not mine. Though, it is a great roster, it is one I use on the game.

As for Madden 19 plans: I am planning to start with the 1991 season. I plan on then making draft classes for 1992-1994 at least. That is at least the plan at the moment. I will know more when more information is available and I actually get the game in hand.

I will be creating a thread here eventually with the hope of enlisting some help with the draft classes. My plan is to see if I can find some folks who are willing to do some of the work such as names, height, weight, college, age. Then I would take the file and do equipment and ratings. However, this is all based on how the whole draft class creation system is set up. But that is my current plan.

If that goes well I could see making either more draft classes, or starting in a different year. I have often thought about doing a late 1970s or early 1980s roster. However, that will require some testing before I get started on something like that.

I am hopeful with the whole draft class creation. One of the biggest perks is that I can make sure that the draft classes ratings match my ratings system. For instance, I tend to rate QBs much lower than the standard Madden ratings and it would be nice to make sure that the draft classes match that system.
That would be a lot of fun. Would be fun to just play through the 90s and see what changes in this virtual redo. Do the bills get a title? Do Elway or Young get a ring? Do the Cowboys become the team of the decade? I'd be willing to help with draft classes once you get there.
Old 07-07-2018, 11:16 PM   #29
Hall Of Fame

mkharsh33's Arena

OVR: 35

I am a diehard Steelers fan - grew up in NE Ohio (not far from Youngstown - a hotbed of football). I watched on YouTube the 1994 playoff game between Buffalo at Pittsburgh. Man, what a DIFFERENT era of ball. The Steelers had a backfield of Eric Pegram, Bam Morris and John L. Williams - ran a lot of sweeps and counters and it was power football. Jim Kelly - and seeing him now with his health problems is so sad - played great but Pittsburgh got the best of him. I had forgotten that Carnell Lake was moved from SS to CB because of the injury to Rod Woodson that year. And he had an INT in that game. I could talk historic football all day long - and I really appreciate these rosters that bring back a LOT of old memories! Thanks again!
Old 07-08-2018, 09:34 AM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkharsh33
I am a diehard Steelers fan - grew up in NE Ohio (not far from Youngstown - a hotbed of football). I watched on YouTube the 1994 playoff game between Buffalo at Pittsburgh. Man, what a DIFFERENT era of ball. The Steelers had a backfield of Eric Pegram, Bam Morris and John L. Williams - ran a lot of sweeps and counters and it was power football. Jim Kelly - and seeing him now with his health problems is so sad - played great but Pittsburgh got the best of him. I had forgotten that Carnell Lake was moved from SS to CB because of the injury to Rod Woodson that year. And he had an INT in that game. I could talk historic football all day long - and I really appreciate these rosters that bring back a LOT of old memories! Thanks again!
I love classic football too. The 1980s through the mid-1990s are the peak times of the NFL for me. Modern football is a shadow of its former self, from any previous era. That is why I make the classic season rosters. I still watch the NFL and love football, but when it comes to Madden, I cannot get through a season with current rosters.

Glad you enjoy the rosters. Hopefully Madden 19 will be what I hope it will be and allow for some great rosters and draft recreated draft classes.
Old 07-09-2018, 09:07 PM   #31
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

After downloading your work on M16, you best bet I WILL be downloading this one ASAP! It's going to be awesome playing with my Cowboys in the Quincy Carter era lol. Good times!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-10-2018, 01:29 PM   #32
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

I can't decide whether to roll with the 1999 M16 or 2002 M18 roster for a long term CFM...I've been trying to decide for a couple days haha.

I'd like to go with 1999 because of Aikman, but I'd like to roll with 2002 to see Vick dominate, even though my Cowboys stink.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »