Home

Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

This is a discussion on Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2018, 12:42 PM   #225
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by drseanus
That is way too early! I'm just about getting ready to hit the road in year 1 week 3

THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I am 1000 percent following along. I was doing this for 2k16 with the sim world draft classes and I felt like no one would understand. This is exactly what I do and how Sapp and i got acquainted. Once you scout everyone that has peaked your interest on the preseason PDF though

you are faced with 2 options.

Open the post season pdf around weeks 8-12 and read stories to make connections and let that dictate who you wanna scout.

Scout during the season(which is like watching game tape) and opening up the post season PDF at the very end, is like combine interviews. You get to really learn about what kind of player they are.

I feel like everyone has their own method on how to utilize these classes.

May the odds be in your favor!

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2018, 03:58 PM   #226
Rookie

shanev's Arena

OVR: 3

I’m really enjoying the way you create the backstory for these players. I don’t know if you use a different game for stats, but it’s incredible how much detail you can provide that makes them feel real.

I’m a PS4 guy, so I can’t use these unless someone painstakingly reproduced them. I did however rent the game on Monday and use my sons Xbox to research some information, so that I could add about 30 of your prospects to the OS 2019 draft class file for my own use. They aren’t perfect, but serviceable.

They are a little spoiled for me now that I looked at numbers, but I have decided to draft only the players I already wanted regardless of what I know now.

I just wanted to say thank you so much for the effort you both have put in.

Sent from my iPad using Operation Sports
Old 08-22-2018, 09:28 PM   #227
Rookie

Znelli96's Arena

I'm pacing my franchise along with the draft releases so that I'm not so far ahead and it's painful playing with these awful QBs while seeing Dallas Stewart/Tommy Roberts waiting in the wings
Old 08-22-2018, 11:03 PM   #228
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Whats up guys. After talking with Raiderz I just wanted to take the time to make a few points and give you guys some information about the classes especially for you guys that are just learning about our classes.

1) These classes are truly meant to mimic the true experience of the NFL draft. We did a LOT of research before we put these together. First round picks are NOT guaranteed to be stars. Some are complete busts. Research of the last ten real life classes showed us that are on average that you get about 14 hits, 10 busts and 8 "so-so" selections. Our classes reflect that but each class won't fit that description. One class may have more homeruns and less busts and the next might be filled with busts and only a few great first round picks. In the long run it'll all average out.

2) We also studied positional success amongst first round picks. As most hardcore fans know, the offensive skill positions have the highest rate of "bust" players (with QB being the highest risk). We take that in to consideration with our classes. It doesn't mean that will always be the case but keep that in mind when drafting.

3) Just because a position is weak one class doesn't mean that is an indication of how they will always be rated. Just like in real life, there are drafts where one position is very weak but just know that in the future a strong class may be coming at that position.

4) I have had a lot of questions about the range of overalls. The short answer is that from top to bottom most of the classes are on par with the real incoming class in the game. Someone asked me about the top rated players in each draft. As I stated before, it varies. The top of the draft may see as low as 2 to 3 players over 80 overall while another class may have as many as 8 or 9. The lower end of the draft will usually be in the 64 to 66 range.

5) Scouting is important but as many of you know, Raiderz doea an AMAZING job of making sure that you cant just scout those grades to see who a bust is and who isn't. He can manipulate things to make a 69 overall rated bust have A grades in individual ratings. If you think we are going to make it that easy to find our busts and gems, you're going to be a sad man on draft day.

6) If you really want to be successful, you need to focus on the ENTIRE draft. Just like in real life, there's some undersized guy from a small college that's predicted to go in the sixth round that's actually better than that first round prospect from Alabama. There are viable players in EVERY round... Even some undrafted guys.

7) The star and superstar traits are not just given to the top overall rated guys. You might draft the highest rated guy at a position that has a normal or quick development trait and a guy with a lower overall might have that star or superstar trait. Being the most NFL ready doesn't mean the highest ceiling. However, because the game is dynamic with those traita you can work around that.

I'll have more for you guys but I hope that is enough for now to get you ready for our classes. Happy scouting!

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 08-22-2018, 11:12 PM   #229
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Also has anyone used the preseason associated roster and liking what they are seeing with the lower overalls in the free agent pool ?I am using the bengals for my franchise and boyd and John Ross, two receivers of mine were injured so I signed some guy on my practice squad. He was a 68 overall because the free agents were like 69,70 and I was like ehh might as well make use of my practice squad. And the overall difference isn’t that much And he caught a game winning touchdown for me against the Dolphins with 40 Seconds left.

My point is, somewhere down the line. Your 5th round power back bust could be a guy you put on your practice squad and injuries will occur and he could get the call up and get 2 carries.
He could get you that first down on third and short. He could not. He could get you the game winning touchdown. He could not. But thats not anyone’s story but your own. It didn’t work out but that happens to gms. But he could still make you feel a little better about drafting a 64 overall in the 5th.

One other quick note. Please play your preseason games and use your draft picks. Ignore the overall and try and make some plays. He could be better than you think. You drafted him because you liked his traits. Utilize them. Just because he’s trash everywhere else doesn’t mean he’s useless. !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Old 08-22-2018, 11:55 PM   #230
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

OVR: 2

After my first draft, I can absolutely agree with all your points. I found 2 superstars late in the draft at key position of needs. I don't want to say anymore but, you gotta use the scouting reports along with the in game scouting to truly find those gems! My 5th and 6th round picks are better than my #7 overall selection! Love it! And by better I mean they both are higher rated now and with superstar trait. I think I found a bust and a gem both

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app

Last edited by mattpu01; 08-23-2018 at 07:49 AM.
Old 08-23-2018, 07:54 AM   #231
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

OVR: 2

Question on "intangibles". Can you guys create players to be injury prone? Also, I'm curious how locker room problems, bad attitudes and pot heads can be created to cause issues in the game? Like on NBA 2K you had chemistry and personalities to think about. Does Madden use any of these features?

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2018, 05:14 PM   #232
Rookie

drseanus's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by raiderz4eva
THIS IS AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. I am 1000 percent following along. I was doing this for 2k16 with the sim world draft classes and I felt like no one would understand. This is exactly what I do and how Sapp and i got acquainted. Once you scout everyone that has peaked your interest on the preseason PDF though

you are faced with 2 options.

Open the post season pdf around weeks 8-12 and read stories to make connections and let that dictate who you wanna scout.

Scout during the season(which is like watching game tape) and opening up the post season PDF at the very end, is like combine interviews. You get to really learn about what kind of player they are.

I feel like everyone has their own method on how to utilize these classes.

May the odds be in your favor!

Quote:
Does the 'x' in Foxboro stand for 'X Files'?
Quote:
Jerry Medina, Boston Globe, Week 5 2018

Most years, the Patriots winning all of their September games would be weird enough. The AFC East juggernaut was well known for treating the first quarter of the season as an extension of training camp, finding their identity before going on a run to set themselves up for the inevitable playoff burst.

The unbeaten run this year is just the dot on the 'i' in 'weird'. Mystery still surrounds the disappearance of the majority of the coaching and personnel staff following the rookie minicamp in May. Massachusetts State Police have released Griffin Murphy, a 43 year old bus driver from Taunton MA, without charge and without explanations for his bizarre appearance at Gillette Stadium in early June, wearing 7 Super Bowl rings and demanding team president Jonathan Kraft come outside "to duel me like a man".

The offseason became even stranger when Minnesota Vikings offensive coordinator John DeFilippo accepted the interim head coach offer then failed to show for his introductory press conference, with a foul-mouthed tweet from Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay at the time suggesting he had paid DeFilippo to falsely agree to take the vacant post. The NFL declined to comment, citing an open investigation into the matter.

The subsequent appointment of little-known offensive quality control coach drseanus as interim head coach was the strangely-shaped cherry on top of the entire offseason. According to a source within the organisation, the only shortlisted candidates for the role were drseanus and Jeff Fisher, and although Fisher impressed at interview, to quote a source, "we watched the Rams' All Or Nothing season on Amazon Prime again, and that haunting shot at the airport freaked us out. What was he doing there? We decided that some British intern was probably better than more 7-9 bulls**t."

drseanus' ground game may have impressed through September, but the new scouting network seems less impressive. A source informed us this week that the Pats' scouting strategy for the 2019 draft involves following a preseason college football preview put together by two passionate fans on the Operation Sports internet forum, a claim dismissed by drseanus in a passionate pre-game press conference as "preposterous".

With the Colts due to visit Foxboro this week for the first time since the whereabouts unknown Josh Daniels and DeFilippo declined head coaching jobs at both teams, who knows how much weirder this campaign could get?

After 3 weeks of scouting, our strategy is basically as reported by the Globe. We're following the preseason guide. The front office is well aware of Tom Brady's advancing age and the tone of his media output following the Super Bowl loss, as well as the absolute lack of a viable succession plan following the Garoppolo trade, so the Cobbs vs Maddox debate has been raging in our scouts' WhatsApp group.

Meanwhile, one of our central scouts keeps sending me film of Arkansas Pine Bluff's J.J. Marable with lots of eggplant emojis...

Current plan is to scout the rest of the scheme fits once I've scouted the entire preseason guide, and after they're scouted, start to look at the postseason guide.

I'll keep you all updated!

Last edited by drseanus; 08-23-2018 at 05:15 PM. Reason: I can't spell Jimmy G

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »