Home

Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

This is a discussion on Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2018, 09:42 PM   #409
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
I wanted to do something a little different this year for the preseason so I am going to do the AFDC PreSeason Awards. Before you say anything, yes some of these are pulled directly from the Herbie Awards that Herbstreit has been doing for awhile so relax lol. Before I get into the awards, I’ll explain some of the ones that are not as self explanatory:

Ultimate Game Changer – A player that has the ability to make a big play and change the momentum of the game at any time.

Breakout Star – Player that might be right on the brink of becoming a household name and is ready to take that next step.

No Respect – A player that has put up good numbers or played very well but doesn’t necessarily get the respect or recognition that he deserves for whatever reason.

Biggest Shoes to Fill – A player that will step into the starting position for a great player that has already departed for the NFL.

Stats DO Lie – This award is for someone that puts up big numbers but may not be as good as the numbers suggest. Doesn’t mean that he isn’t a good player… just not as good as the numbers may show.

“Missing From the Stat Sheet” – This award goes to my pick for the best player in the country that won’t generally show up on the stat sheet. This award will generally do to an offensive lineman since they don’t show up on traditional stat sheets but could also go to a player like a defensive tackle as well.

The AFDC Year 4 Pre-Season Awards
BEST OFFENSIVE GROUP – Penn State Nittany Lions
The Nittany Lions have two of the most recognizable players in the country in Junior WR Chris Sapp and Senior QB Connor Grimm. Both are Heisman cadidates and could be top ten picks next year. But they also have a very good running back in junior Chawntez Pugh that ran for 624 yards as a sophomore and a NFL caliber tight end in junior DeAndre Bryant. Also sophomore Ethan Cooper will more than likely be one of the better guards in the country as he continues to get better.

BEST DEFENSIVE GROUP – Alabama Crimson Tide
Alabama fields what I consider to be the best defense on paper this year but that is no surprise. The star of the group is junior CB Josh Exford who will probably be the first cornerback taken if he declares this year. They also happen to nab the second best high school player in the nation last year who also happens to be a cornerback, Joseph Nash. Junior D-tackles Shemar Absher and Jamaruz Harden are damn near unstopable and Senior Free Safety Zae Allen made lots of clutch plays as a junior. Not to mention, Destri Bickham will be the full time starter at MLB after the departure of Okon Magwood. Many people forget that he was a top five, five star recruit coming out of high school. This defense is going to be scary.

Ultimate Game Changer – *Miami (FL) So. HB Khalil Moore
You already know that the U brings speed and excitement and that’s exactly what this young man did as a freshman last year. He averaged over 7 yards a carry on his way to 1469 yards and 13 TDs. With HB Tre Everett gone, he will be able to return more kicks now so expect him to put even more yards on the stat sheet.

Breakout Star – Alabama So. QB Evan Poole
Last year, the top rated incoming freshman QB (#9 overall coming out of high school) was more of a game manager and he wasn’t expected to do much. He finished with 15 TDs and 4 INTs while the team rode the wave of HB Anthony Lewis. Now, they will still ride Anthony Lewis to the end of the road but I think Poole is going to get a much bigger role and they will ask him to do a lot more as a sophomore.

No Respect Award – La. Tech Sr. QB Blake Emerson
Let me tell you something that you guys would already know if you pay attention to the stats we post… Blake Emerson has already thrown for 12,234 yards in the three years he has been at La. Tech. He is knocking on the door of that top 25 of all time with Louisville’s Chris Redman sitting at 25 with 12,541. If Blake Emreson has another 4000+ yard season, he could potentially pass Oklahoma’s Landry Jones (16,646 yards) for number 3 all time. Give… Blake… RESPECT!

Biggest Shoes to Fill - Ohio State Fr. MLB Darrian Townsend
So how do you place the man Justin Jones who won the Butkus three years in a row and almost took home Defensive Player of the Year the last two years? You don’t. But good look to this young man anyway.

Best Pass Rusher – Ball State Sr. DE Keenan Boyd
This is my little sleeper pick right here but if you have watched any Ball State you would know how dangerous this guy is. Last year he tied for 1st in the nation with 16 sacks and I think the pro scouts officially have their eyes open.

Freshman to Look Out For - LSU Fr. CB Benjamin Zachary
There are always so many to chose from for a category like this but I really like Zachary. He was the number 6 overall rated high school player and the number 2 CB in the nation. Coaches have already stated that he was the best CB on the team the second he stepped on campus and he is going to have every opportunity to to show it. Look out for Zachary.

Stats Do Lie – Colorado State Jr. QB Mario Bartello
Ok, so you threw for over 4300 yards last year with 43 TDs. So you have to be one of the top QBs in the nation right? Not quite. Lack of competition, along with some short passes turned out to big plays by receivers, along with scheme and just some bad decision making leads me to believe this guy may be a pro prospect, but probably nothing more than a practice squad guy. Sorry Mario.

Missing From the Stat Sheet – Oregon So. Tackle Diamoussa Poudiougou
Not a whole lot to say about this kid other than the fact that he is a huge punishing guy that is one of the top three players at his position. When his junior or senior year is over, I expect that he may be a top ten or maybe even a top pick. But as the award itself says… you aren’t going to see that on the stat sheet.

You guys know that we have been adjusting how we approach each class and we all thought it would be cool to do like we did in 2k and have a week to week quick newsfeed. Remember that it is not intended to be TEAM focused as much as it is player focused. I think with draft classes, it’s best to focus on the individual prospects with minimal mention of team results. With that being said, here is the newsfeed for the first couple of weeks of the season. Hope you guys enjoy.

Year 4/ Draft Class 4 Newsfeed

Week 1

- Number 1 incoming freshman, Tackle Brandon Weldon, got the start in week one for Alabama and looked good but the number 2 incoming freshman in the nation CB Joseph Nash saw only minimal playing time.

- Arizona State junior QB Nick Manzo finished week one with a stat line of 28/41 4 Tds and 0 Ints.

- Wisconsin decided to start freshman QB Seth Robinson who struggled initially but threw a game winning touchdown with a little over one minute to go. He finished with 266 yards 2TDs and 1 INT

- When asked about the number 1 rated incoming QB and #7 overall incoming freshman Florida QB Tyler King, Florida’s coach stated that King is “not ready yet” and that sophomore Rayshaun Hanks will continue to be the guy under center. King finished week 1 with 188 passing yards (1 TD, 2 INTs) and 88 rushing yards.

- Coastal Carolina junior HB Henry Carter is starting off the season hot with a hell of a game. He finished with 278 rushing yards and 4 TDs.

- Top prospect Alabama junior HB Anthony Lewis had a very pedestrian 88 yards rushing and 17 yards receiving with 1 TD on the ground and one TD on his one reception.

- Penn State junior receiver Chris Sapp removed a tweet saying “Gonna ball out since this is gonna be my last year here”. Of course not many expected him to return for his senior year but this pretty much confirms it. He also had 122 yards receiving with 2 TDs and 54 yards rushing in week 1.

- Florida Atlantic Senior Ryan Flory is looking like a first round pick early with 14 tackles and a pass defended in week one.

- Texas sophomore DT Devin McMurray is slowly moving up the ranks in the title for most dominant defensive lineman in the country. He looked amazing in week one.

Week 2
- These three guys will be looked at all year since they are the three top rated QBs so let’s just look at what they did:

Penn State Senior QB Connor Grimm – 26/35, 311 yards 3Tds, 0 INTs
Arizona State Junior QB Nick Manzo (left game after being slammed on shoulder but returned) – 12/25 141 yards 2 TDs, 1 INT
USC Junior QB David Landry – 21/28, 267 yards 4 TDs, 0 INTs

- Georgia sophomore HB Earnest Canady goes nuts finishing with 211 yards on 28 carries. He had 5 TDs.

- Alabama junior HB Anthony Lewis isn’t putting up Heisman numbers but he’s making it work. Another solid day of 18 carries and 111 yards.

- Remember we mentioned USC QB David Landry throwing 4 TDs. Well USC sophomore WR DeVaughn McNeely caught three of those along with 101 yards.

- Speaking of sophomore receivers, Nevada sophomore WR Phil Moss logged 17 catches this week and finished with 201 yards. Easily the best game of his career.

- California junior MLB Hugo Fatialofa is out here looking like the best linebacker in the country finishing with 14 tackles, a pass deflection and a sack against a top 25 team.

- With Jacob Thomas now in the NFL, it’s pretty much an accepted fact that Oregon Junior CB Jaylan Williams and Alabama Junior CB Josh Exford are two of the three best cornerbacks in the nation.

Virginia Junior CB Katon Smith is making an argument to be included in the holy trinity of CBs. He shut down Rice Sophomore Wesley Brown and recorded two INTs.

- USC Junior Mondo Huesman Defensive Lineman used his 6’5” 302 frame to dominate anyone in front of him and record three sacks and 4 TFL. Huesman is looking like a first rounder and a perfect fit for a 3-4 squad.

- Auburn Junior DE Warren James will miss the remainder of the season after being involved in a very serious car accident.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-05-2018, 11:13 PM   #410
Live Action, please?

jfsolo's Arena

OVR: 20

Two of the top five players in DC1 are injured for eight weeks in my current season. With the regular classes, I might not have even noticed, but having read all about them in the scouting report, makes me think, "man what a tough break for those kids."

Do this today: Instead of $%*#!@& on a game you're not going to play or movie you're not going to watch, say something good about a piece of media you're excited about.

Do the same thing tomorrow. And the next. Now do it forever.
Old 09-05-2018, 11:19 PM   #411
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
You guys know that we have been adjusting how we approach each class and we all thought it would be cool to do like we did in 2k and have a week to week quick newsfeed. Remember that it is not intended to be TEAM focused as much as it is player focused. I think with draft classes, it’s best to focus on the individual prospects with minimal mention of team results. With that being said, here is the newsfeed for the first couple of weeks of the season. Hope you guys enjoy.

Week 1

- Number 1 incoming freshman, Tackle Brandon Weldon, got the start in week one for Alabama and looked good but the number 2 incoming freshman in the nation CB Joseph Nash saw only minimal playing time.

- Arizona State junior QB Nick Manzo finished week one with a stat line of 28/41 4 Tds and 0 Ints.

- Wisconsin decided to start freshman QB Seth Robinson who struggled initially but threw a game winning touchdown with a little over one minute to go. He finished with 266 yards 2TDs and 1 INT

- When asked about the number 1 rated incoming QB and #7 overall incoming freshman Florida QB Tyler King, Florida’s coach stated that King is “not ready yet” and that sophomore Rayshaun Hanks will continue to be the guy under center. King finished week 1 with 188 passing yards (1 TD, 2 INTs) and 88 rushing yards.

- Coastal Carolina junior HB Henry Carter is starting off the season hot with a hell of a game. He finished with 278 rushing yards and 4 TDs.

- Top prospect Alabama junior HB Anthony Lewis had a very pedestrian 88 yards rushing and 17 yards receiving with 1 TD on the ground and one TD on his one reception.

- Penn State junior receiver Chris Sapp removed a tweet saying “Gonna ball out since this is gonna be my last year here”. Of course not many expected him to return for his senior year but this pretty much confirms it. He also had 122 yards receiving with 2 TDs and 54 yards rushing in week 1.

- Florida Atlantic Senior Ryan Flory is looking like a first round pick early with 14 tackles and a pass defended in week one.

- Texas sophomore DT Devin McMurray is slowly moving up the ranks in the title for most dominant defensive lineman in the country. He looked amazing in week one.

Week 2
- These three guys will be looked at all year since they are the three top rated QBs so let’s just look at what they did:

Arizona State Junior QB Nick Manzo (left game after being slammed on shoulder but returned) – 12/25 141 yards 2 TDs, 1 INT

- Georgia sophomore HB Earnest Canady goes nuts finishing with 211 yards on 28 carries. He had 5 TDs.

- Alabama junior HB Anthony Lewis isn’t putting up Heisman numbers but he’s making it work. Another solid day of 18 carries and 111 yards.

- Remember we mentioned USC QB David Landry throwing 4 TDs. Well USC sophomore WR DeVaughn McNeely caught three of those along with 101 yards.

- Speaking of sophomore receivers, Nevada sophomore WR Phil Moss logged 17 catches this week and finished with 201 yards. Easily the best game of his career.

- California junior MLB Hugo Fatialofa is out here looking like the best linebacker in the country finishing with 14 tackles, a pass deflection and a sack against a top 25 team.

- With Jacob Thomas now in the NFL, it’s pretty much an accepted fact that Oregon Junior CB Jaylan Williams and Alabama Junior CB Josh Exford are two of the three best cornerbacks in the nation.

Virginia Junior CB Katon Smith is making an argument to be included in the holy trinity of CBs. He shut down Rice Sophomore Wesley Brown and recorded two INTs.

- USC Junior Mondo Huesman Defensive Lineman used his 6’5” 302 frame to dominate anyone in front of him and record three sacks and 4 TFL. Huesman is looking like a first rounder and a perfect fit for a 3-4 squad.

- Auburn Junior DE Warren James will miss the remainder of the season after being involved in a very serious car accident.
This is the kind of stuff I was hoping for! So glad you guys decided to include this!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 03:00 AM   #412
Rookie

drseanus's Arena

Icon6 Re: Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

Patriots Season 2 Draft
What a season. With both rookie quarterbacks disappointing in preseason, two of the biggest trading teams in the league came together in a trade which saw Julian Edelman head to Seattle, whilst Russell Wilson's promising rookie backup
Spoiler
stepped into Tom Brady's enormous metaphorical shoes. Despite initial struggles, he won AFC Rookie of the Year and lead the Pats to a 12-4 season. Behind an offensive line successfully converted from power to zone blocking, Rob Gronkowski lead the league in receiving yards, John Ross led the league in receiving touchdowns and James White stayed healthy to become JW2K and become only the 2nd running back in the last 12 years to be named NFL MVP.

Holding off
Spoiler
and the resurgent Dolphins to claim the AFC East, the 8-8 Browns came to Foxboro for the AFC Championship Game, having demolised the number 1 seed Chargers in the Divisional Round. Play action and a dynamic running attack did for them, and the Patriots returned to the Super Bowl. The outcome was happier for them this time, running through the Rams' undermanned linebacking corps and bringing home their 6th Lombardi trophy, in their first season without Brady.

Spoiler
was NFL.com's number one free agent and declined a generous offer from the Patriots to join the Rams' number one defense. This left New England with a burning need at linebacker, with Elandon Collins disappointing at MLB with only 51 tackles on the year and only the slowly ageing Dont'a Hightower being considered starter quality. The Patriots responded aggressively, possibly inspired by the emergence of sophomore running back Sony Michel and rookie center
Spoiler
. Pro Bowl center David Andrews plus picks were traded to the Bills for their 4th overall pick, whilst MVP James White found a new home in Oakland for their 10th overall pick.

Spoiler

Guys, once again, thank you so much for the hard work you've put in. I feel like I'm weaning myself off drafted ratings and trusting the scouting reports. I'm still drafting busts (
Spoiler
), but the 58th pick calamity was the key for me this year.
Spoiler
- that feeling of gut-wrenching disappointment is what I want from this game. Thank you.

On to year 3!
Old 09-07-2018, 03:08 AM   #413
Rookie

drseanus's Arena

Sorry for the double post, but just noticed that Dwayne Johnson, a defensive end for Miami is going to be draft eligible this year... I'm not sure he'll be great at keeping Gronk's mind on football, but, frankly, it doesn't matter!

Nice touch guys
Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #414
Pro

mattpu01's Arena

OVR: 2

How do you insert "spoiler" using app?

Sent from my XT1585 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 09-07-2018, 12:13 PM   #415
Rookie

njmcfreak's Arena

OVR: 4

I downloaded this on a whim after a few years in my Franchise and I'm impressed. I got caught a bunch of times reaching for players and a bunch of times I've got decent players in the later rounds. Great work. I'm starting a new franchise now with the updated official rosters and going to try out the alternate version, excited for more!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2018, 11:44 PM   #416
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Quote:

Week 1

Week 2

Week 3
- WR Penn State Junior Chris Sapp has the best game of his career and one of the most memorable of the season with 277 yards receiving and 4 TDs. He also returned a punt for a TD.

- Alabama freshman CB Joseph Nash started his first full game and VERY impressive in a win.

- The top rated incoming freshman WR, Michigan State’s Dallen Heft, has yet to see the field for more than a couple of plays the past three weeks. Of course he is only three weeks into his career but the Spartan fans want to see their priced recruit in action.

- Speaking of five star recruits…. The top 2 incoming freshman Halfbacks (Oklahoma HB Quinton Lawrence and Maryland Spencer Hilian) both ran for over 120 yards this week.

- Top defensive end prospect Deitrich Baker (Michigan Junior DE) hasn’t had any jaw dropping games but he’s been consistent. At least one sack and one tackle for loss each of the last three games.

- Texas Junior Strong Safety Mike Willis may be the best safety in the nation. He’s having an extremely productive season with 28 tackles, 2 sacks and a forced fumble in just three weeks.

- Senior La. Tech QB Blake Emerson definitely doesn’t get the respect he deserves. Blake just had another 300+ yard game with no interceptions. He doesn’t have the ideal size or arm strength of the top prospects but he has put up numbers for the past three years.

- We have already talked about the top incoming QB Tyler King sitting on the bench for Florida at the moment but the 2nd rated incoming Freshman QB is having much better luck. Arkansas Freshman QB Sam Wesley has two full starts under his belt and a total of 622 yards in those two games. Now it’s only 3 TDs and 2 INTs but we do at least know that the kid isn’t scared to sling it.

- The stat sheet won’t really show it, but trust me when I say that LSU Senior Tackle Clay Gibbs is working himself right into that top half of the first round in this upcoming draft.
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »