Home

Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

This is a discussion on Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2019, 06:31 PM   #729
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24
Re: Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

Believe it or not we did the classes out of order lol. Dc1 is the last one we are working on. I might release dc2 scouting report tomorrow though just so people know what to expect from the scouting reports.

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 10-01-2019, 06:48 PM   #730
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Believe it or not we did the classes out of order lol. Dc1 is the last one we are working on. I might release dc2 scouting report tomorrow though just so people know what to expect from the scouting reports.

You should, people who are new will go crazy when they get a preview of whats coming
Old 10-02-2019, 04:54 AM   #731
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
**** PC, haha dont let raiderz sway you. Kid teased everyone w the senior bowl and them jumped ship!!

PC>>>>

Haha But I haven’t even been able to play it as much as I’d like because of Nurse Practitioner school. But the modding community fixes everything we complain about with madden on console.

But on a serious note, school, work, life,etc took priority and I would rather be all in or not in on a project of this magnitude. Because it seriously is like a part Time job. The senior bowl video took a whole day to edit. But Sapp will hold it down for the Xbox 1 community!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 12:10 PM   #732

CWSapp757's Arena

I had finished DC2 scouting report but the file corrupted and deleted some slides, pictures and other stuff on the scouting report. I started to finish the slides again before uploading this but I decided against it since this is just a "preview" to show you guys what to look forward to. A few things that I wanted to share about the classes and the scouting report....

The first thing that I wanted to do was really look at the rate of "homerun" selections, average selections and busts. I look at the later rounds but really wanted to focus on the first round because that's where you expect to draft players that will really turn your team around. After researching first round picks for the last ten years, I was able to determine an average amount of "hits", average and busts first round picks per draft. The average will be applied over the total of 20 draft classes and not be constant for each class. What that means is that some classes may be bust heavy or "hit" heavy but it will all average out over the 20 classes. So you may have a draft class where the top 7 picks are all pro bowl caliber players (see the 2011 draft) or a draft where only one of the first 7 picks is a pro bowl caliber player (see 2009 draft). Just know that it'll be necessary for you to scout.

I also wanted to go the extra mile and study busts by position. I have to be honest... I was pretty surprised about what I learned. I found a study that analyzed 20 draft classes and classified each pick as Great/Good, Average or Bad/Complete Bust. The draft classes will follow these numbers pretty closely. For example, the study shows that 0% of centers drafted in the 1st round were in the bad/bust category, 78% were average and 22% were Great or good. With that being said, if you draft a center in these classes you can be pretty certain that he won't be a bust but a 1/4 chance that he'll be anything more than average.You can find the percentages for each position on the intro page for each position in the scouting report. Oh, and for anyone (like myself) that thought that QBs have the highest rate of busts in the first round, you'd be surprised to know that Defensive Ends with 40% of them being Bad/Bust and 39% for QBs.

I added something a little extra to the scouting report that gives a "Sapp Prediction" for the amount of stars, x-factor and superstar players. It will never be an exact amount but it may be a range of 1 to 3 or 0 to 2. What I will say is that the correct number will always fall within that range but it may be on the lower end or the higher end. Of course you don't have to use this but just wanted to give people a little something extra for taking the time to scout.

We worked on giving more variation in the heights and weights for different positions. For example, years ago a QB the size of Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield would not have gone number 1 simply because of their size. We made sure to include a wide array of sizes for different players to make the draft more realistic and up to date.

Ehhh, I don't have a lot more to say. Take a look if you want so you can get an idea if you want to use this or if you want to start scouting for players you may want to draft. Of course feedback is welcome

DC2 Scouting Report Preview Powerpoint

DC2 Scouting Report Preview PDF

Old 10-02-2019, 12:55 PM   #733
Pro

Associated Fictional Draft Classes Presented by CWsapp And Raider4eva

Quote:
I had finished DC2 scouting report but the file corrupted and deleted some slides, pictures and other stuff on the scouting report. I started to finish the slides again before uploading this but I decided against it since this is just a "preview" to show you guys what to look forward to. A few things that I wanted to share about the classes and the scouting report....

The first thing that I wanted to do was really look at the rate of "homerun" selections, average selections and busts. I look at the later rounds but really wanted to focus on the first round because that's where you expect to draft players that will really turn your team around. After researching first round picks for the last ten years, I was able to determine an average amount of "hits", average and busts first round picks per draft. The average will be applied over the total of 20 draft classes and not be constant for each class. What that means is that some classes may be bust heavy or "hit" heavy but it will all average out over the 20 classes. So you may have a draft class where the top 7 picks are all pro bowl caliber players (see the 2011 draft) or a draft where only one of the first 7 picks is a pro bowl caliber player (see 2009 draft). Just know that it'll be necessary for you to scout.

I also wanted to go the extra mile and study busts by position. I have to be honest... I was pretty surprised about what I learned. I found a study that analyzed 20 draft classes and classified each pick as Great/Good, Average or Bad/Complete Bust. The draft classes will follow these numbers pretty closely. For example, the study shows that 0% of centers drafted in the 1st round were in the bad/bust category, 78% were average and 22% were Great or good. With that being said, if you draft a center in these classes you can be pretty certain that he won't be a bust but a 1/4 chance that he'll be anything more than average.You can find the percentages for each position on the intro page for each position in the scouting report. Oh, and for anyone (like myself) that thought that QBs have the highest rate of busts in the first round, you'd be surprised to know that Defensive Ends with 40% of them being Bad/Bust and 39% for QBs.

I added something a little extra to the scouting report that gives a "Sapp Prediction" for the amount of stars, x-factor and superstar players. It will never be an exact amount but it may be a range of 1 to 3 or 0 to 2. What I will say is that the correct number will always fall within that range but it may be on the lower end or the higher end. Of course you don't have to use this but just wanted to give people a little something extra for taking the time to scout.

We worked on giving more variation in the heights and weights for different positions. For example, years ago a QB the size of Kyler Murray or Baker Mayfield would not have gone number 1 simply because of their size. We made sure to include a wide array of sizes for different players to make the draft more realistic and up to date.

Ehhh, I don't have a lot more to say. Take a look if you want so you can get an idea if you want to use this or if you want to start scouting for players you may want to draft. Of course feedback is welcome

DC2 Scouting Report Preview Powerpoint

DC2 Scouting Report Preview PDF

Uh, I’m a little confused..... are these the same players as madden 19? Or is this just a sample of what everything will look like?

Last edited by wodi; 10-02-2019 at 01:01 PM.
Old 10-02-2019, 01:00 PM   #734
Rookie

Looks awesome man! Waiting on these to start my franchise, cant wait!
Old 10-02-2019, 02:07 PM   #735

CWSapp757's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wodi
Uh, I’m a little confused..... are these the same players as madden 19? Or is this just a sample of what everything will look like?
Yeah im using the same players from 19 with different ratings. Once I finish the first 10 classes, 11 through 20 will be completely new. Sorry to disappoint wodi but I just didn't have the time to put together templates and stories but I promise if you can stick it out through these first 10 everything else will be brand new

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2019, 02:09 PM   #736
MVP

Reed1417's Arena

Quote:
Yeah im using the same players from 19 with different ratings. Once I finish the first 10 classes, 11 through 20 will be completely new. Sorry to disappoint wodi but I just didn't have the time to put together templates and stories but I promise if you can stick it out through these first 10 everything else will be brand new

Honestly Sapp as someone who really didn't get to experience last years classes I'm very happy you decided to go this route at least to start.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reed's WWE 2k23 Universe: Youtube Edition
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...e-edition.html

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »