Home

Old 08-09-2018, 01:02 PM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

As a note to my previous reply and update:

I finished the Jets offensive and used them in practice mode against the Miami defense (also complete) and it was great!

Not to brag (well actually I am bragging) but I think my ratings make the game play better than EAs. I know it was only practice mode and it does play differently, but things looked good, I was happy with the results so far.

It is really cool having the lineman be the actual size, it adds another level of immersion we classic roster guys have never been able to achieve on PS4.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-09-2018, 02:32 PM   #26
Rookie

SethMurphy's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
As a note to my previous reply and update:

I finished the Jets offensive and used them in practice mode against the Miami defense (also complete) and it was great!

Not to brag (well actually I am bragging) but I think my ratings make the game play better than EAs. I know it was only practice mode and it does play differently, but things looked good, I was happy with the results so far.

It is really cool having the lineman be the actual size, it adds another level of immersion we classic roster guys have never been able to achieve on PS4.

Great News! I'm so excited for my Giants defense!!
Old 08-09-2018, 04:01 PM   #27
MVP

Just finished a full game of Miami (me) vs Jets.

I lost 22-19!

I have only three complaints about the game:
1: The CPU wants to throw too much. I want more running for 1985 but I was using the default Jets playbooks. I am hoping I can find the right playbooks.
2: The CPU QB was a little to accurate. Ken O'Brien complete 70% of his passes in the game. The real O'Brien completed 60% on the season in 1985.
3: Too much CPU pass rush. The Dolphins Oline is very good in pass blocking and the Jets DLine is really good on pass rush; but I was sacked 8 times. A couple were certainly my fault, holding the ball too long. One was on a screen that never developed. The others were simply the DLine getting through unblocked. This is something I will watch closely moving forward.

Other than that the game was awesome. I threw 3 INTs with Marino, and while that seems to justify the folks saying the CPU picks off everything, that was not the case here. 2 of the picks were totally on me, I threw into coverage thinking Marino's arm could get the ball into the tight spot. Sometimes it worked, those two it did not. The other was a tipped pass; Mark Clayton got a hand on it, the safety also tipped it, the cornerback knocked Clayton down, the safety tipped it again and then caught it. It looked really good actually.

The running game was fine. Tony Nathan (fins RB) had just over 100 yards. Freeman McNeil (Jets) had 76 average 4.3 yards per carry. He would have had more but the CPU kept calling passes.

I saw some really nice animations. My favorite was Mark Clayton ran a hook and I threw a bullet pass to him and used the possession catch; the DB tried to swat the ball around his body but missed the ball and hit Clayton. Clayton was covering up but remained on his feet and the DB spun off of Clayton's back and landed on the ground and then tried to use his arm to trip Clayton. Clayton stumbled but then ran for another 10 yards before the safety got over there to make the tackle.

I saw no strange amazing AI pursuits or anything like that.

I was using complete All-Pro default settings, 15 minute quarters with 15 second runoff.
Old 08-11-2018, 12:13 PM   #28
Banned

A few questions:

Since we cannot apply generic offensive playbooks to teams, except for the solo-team we control in CFM, what play books feature run/pass plays @ 50/50 ratio. I would think Jacksonville ?

How do total plays run from scrimmage look, are we @ 125-total on average ?

Auto-Subs for HB rotation ?

HB Stamina @ 90,tops and 80-default will split carries b/t backs.
Old 08-11-2018, 07:52 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 3

Frustrated on your half that you have to duplicate this process each year, without any way to carry over saves ,or even any real improvement to the creating process either. But on the other hand, very excited.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 08-11-2018, 09:04 PM   #30
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
A few questions:

Since we cannot apply generic offensive playbooks to teams, except for the solo-team we control in CFM, what play books feature run/pass plays @ 50/50 ratio. I would think Jacksonville ?

How do total plays run from scrimmage look, are we @ 125-total on average ?

Auto-Subs for HB rotation ?

HB Stamina @ 90,tops and 80-default will split carries b/t backs.
You are asking good and tough questions, unfortunately I do not have a the answers to all of them yet.

In terms of playbooks, that is something I am still testing and it is NOT going well in simmed game at all! There are a few series issues with the sim engine this year. run/pass ratio is only one of them. In previous years I have been able to find playbooks that would give the proper ratios, or very close on average. This year is a struggle so far. Even with the Jaguars playbook the run/pass ratio is way too much passing.

Other problems with the sim engine: Overall there are not enough plays. In 1985 teams ran a total of 1048.8 plays for the season. I am seeing an average of 942.7 in a simmed season.
QBs are not running in simmed games hardly at all, and also QBs are not getting injured.
Though EA added the Power Running Back and using the 3rd Down back in some passing formations, that is not being utilized in simmed games, so as has been the problem for years, only 1 back is getting carries.

As for actually playing games, the number of plays in a game is pretty solid in the games I have played. 1985 saw an average 131 plays per game. I am seeing betwen 120-135, so that is right on target. I do not understand why simmed games are so off.
I am still working with playbooks for played games to see what gives the best results.

Running back rotation in played games is something else I am working on. formation subs, using the powerback and 3rd down back positions and auto-subs all could be options. That is all still in the works.

Like I said, you are asking good questions, and hopefully I will get some better answers.
At this point I am not too worried about the sim stats and such because I am hoping EA will patch them before I am finished with the roster.
Old 08-11-2018, 09:06 PM   #31
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by xlatinoheatx
Frustrated on your half that you have to duplicate this process each year, without any way to carry over saves ,or even any real improvement to the creating process either. But on the other hand, very excited.
While I would love to be able to carry over rosters from previous years, I do enjoy the process. That is why I do different seasons each year.

The creation process is MUCH better this year with full editing in the main menu. Once I release the first part of the roster you will notice that all players are the proper height and weight, which is so awesome from an immersion standpoint.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 09:03 AM   #32
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
You are asking good and tough questions, unfortunately I do not have a the answers to all of them yet.

In terms of playbooks, that is something I am still testing and it is NOT going well in simmed game at all! There are a few series issues with the sim engine this year. run/pass ratio is only one of them. In previous years I have been able to find playbooks that would give the proper ratios, or very close on average. This year is a struggle so far. Even with the Jaguars playbook the run/pass ratio is way too much passing.

Other problems with the sim engine: Overall there are not enough plays. In 1985 teams ran a total of 1048.8 plays for the season. I am seeing an average of 942.7 in a simmed season.
QBs are not running in simmed games hardly at all, and also QBs are not getting injured.
Though EA added the Power Running Back and using the 3rd Down back in some passing formations, that is not being utilized in simmed games, so as has been the problem for years, only 1 back is getting carries.

As for actually playing games, the number of plays in a game is pretty solid in the games I have played. 1985 saw an average 131 plays per game. I am seeing betwen 120-135, so that is right on target. I do not understand why simmed games are so off.
I am still working with playbooks for played games to see what gives the best results.

Running back rotation in played games is something else I am working on. formation subs, using the powerback and 3rd down back positions and auto-subs all could be options. That is all still in the works.

Like I said, you are asking good questions, and hopefully I will get some better answers.
At this point I am not too worried about the sim stats and such because I am hoping EA will patch them before I am finished with the roster.
Too me, this is a "Play Now" game only.
CFM is a joke, imo.
EA has really abused us as consumers.
How would we go about tracking stats, injuries, etc. ?

I almost think it is better to create another roster for Madden 17, cause @ least the 2nd controller, custom defensive playbooks and generics playbooks work. I would rather give $$ to charity, then to EA and Madden. I truly feel ashamed of myself. ��

Last edited by Lilly Of The Valley; 08-12-2018 at 09:06 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »