Home

M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M19 1985 Season Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-12-2018, 10:37 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M19 1985 Season Roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
Too me, this is a "Play Now" game only.
CFM is a joke, imo.
EA has really abused us as consumers.
How would we go about tracking stats, injuries, etc. ?

I almost think it is better to create another roster for Madden 17, cause @ least the 2nd controller, custom defensive playbooks and generics playbooks work. I would rather give $$ to charity, then to EA and Madden. I truly feel ashamed of myself. ��
I am holding judgement about CFM currently. I am hoping things are patched, but we will see.

In past years I have often set up my own season using Play Now. I play the actual season from that year. For stats, it is time consuming, but you can set up an excel file for game, team, and individual stats.
I have a template I can try to share on google docs at some point. I need to make some changes to fix a couple of things.

I may or may not make playbooks for the roster, it depends on the CFM situation when I finish the roster. I have made playbooks for my rosters in the past for Play Now games.

Madden 17 was not the best Madden imo. I think fully patched M18 was substantially better and fully patched M16 was a little better. In M17 the QB AI was never very good and QBs refused to run the ball.
Old 08-12-2018, 10:42 AM   #34
MVP

The first part of the roster is now posted on Madden Share.

The AFC East is done!

File name 1985
PSN: Iteachhistory78

Please feel free to download and play a few games and provide feedback.

What feedback am I looking for?
Misspelled names
Wrong skin color
Equipment issues

How the roster plays in a full game. How is passing, how is running? What are you seeing that looks good and what looks bad?

You are welcome to suggest a rating up or down for a player, BUT please do not expect me to make the change. I will look into rating issues that are brought up, but I do not make changes without some research and testing. However, sometimes I have simply made a mistake somewhere, so please bring up your concerns.

I really like to have the feedback, it makes the roster and future rosters better.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:01 PM   #35
MVP

bravesfan1984's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion

The AFC East is done!

File name 1985

Misspelled names
Wrong skin color
Equipment issues

How the roster plays in a full game. How is passing, how is running? What are you seeing that looks good and what looks bad?

You are welcome to suggest a rating up or down for a player, BUT please do not expect me to make the change. I will look into rating issues that are brought up, but I do not make changes without some research and testing. However, sometimes I have simply made a mistake somewhere, so please bring up your concerns.

I really like to have the feedback, it makes the roster and future rosters better.

Appreciate all your hard work on these rosters, they are truly a gem!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-12-2018, 12:30 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:

The AFC East is done!

File name 1985

Misspelled names
Wrong skin color
Equipment issues

Great and quick work on your 1985 set.
Do you think EA will fix playbooks ?
One thing to remedy excessive pass plays, is to Super sim every game you do not choose to fully play. Now, give the home team (the team under human control) the "west coast" , or even "run heavy" (if that playbook is still in Madden 19) playbook.

This will allow for each team to have half their games with lower-scoring, and more rushing attempts spread out over the season.
Also, we need to find best default, NFL team 4-3 and 3-4 defensive playbooks to improve computer playcalling, imo.
Old 08-12-2018, 12:43 PM   #37
td7
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I am holding judgement about CFM currently. I am hoping things are patched, but we will see.

In past years I have often set up my own season using Play Now. I play the actual season from that year. For stats, it is time consuming, but you can set up an excel file for game, team, and individual stats.
I have a template I can try to share on google docs at some point. I need to make some changes to fix a couple of things.

I may or may not make playbooks for the roster, it depends on the CFM situation when I finish the roster. I have made playbooks for my rosters in the past for Play Now games.

Madden 17 was not the best Madden imo. I think fully patched M18 was substantially better and fully patched M16 was a little better. In M17 the QB AI was never very good and QBs refused to run the ball.
If you could share your excel sheet that would be awesome!
You play fast! You play strong! You go out there and dominate the man you're playing against, and you make his *ss quit! That's our trademark! That's our M.O. as a team! That's what people know us as! - Nick Saban
Old 08-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #38
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilly Of The Valley
Great and quick work on your 1985 set.
Do you think EA will fix playbooks ?
One thing to remedy excessive pass plays, is to Super sim every game you do not choose to fully play. Now, give the home team (the team under human control) the "west coast" , or even "run heavy" (if that playbook is still in Madden 19) playbook.

This will allow for each team to have half their games with lower-scoring, and more rushing attempts spread out over the season.
Also, we need to find best default, NFL team 4-3 and 3-4 defensive playbooks to improve computer playcalling, imo.
The speed I can edit right now will disappear soon. I am a teacher and summer break is almost over! So things will slow down quite a bit, which is why I am trying to get a lot done now.

As for EA fixing playbooks, I am hopeful, they will do something. But I also know there are other issues they will more likely address dealing directly with game play.

I am going to try to supersim some CFM games to see if playcalling is any better there than doing a full season at once.

I played half a game with my 1985 roster, Colts (CPU) vs. Jets (ME). I used the Jacksonille offensive playbook for both teams and the Chiefs defense (it is a 3-4). The play calling was not too bad at all actually. I was not playing well at all and the CPU sustained some nice drives and controlled the clock. In the first half they ran 21 passes and 20 runs. That was nice to see. I am hoping that continues and works in CFM, but I need to do some testing.

Back to the lab. lol
Old 08-12-2018, 05:50 PM   #39
MVP

I spent a few hours testing some playbooks and such and I am a little more optimistic for CFM.

The key is to NOT sim a week or season at a time, but instead super sim each game individually that you do not want to play.

So I tested, using the current madden roster, a few playbooks and schemes and super simmed some games.

It looks like the Baltimore Ravens playbook is best suited in terms of run/pass ratio and formations. In some of the sims I ran, teams ran over 50% of the time, while in others running was down to 40%. However, in those situations the teams moved to passing due to the score.

I then played a half (yes only a half) and found the CPU ran 50% in the have. So, still some things to look at there, but it is encouraging. Also, by using super sim, the entire set of stats is better than simming the entire week or season. QBs sometimes were injured, other running backs were getting some carries, overall much better.

In news more about the roster itself, I will start working on the AFC Central this evening.
Old 08-12-2018, 06:08 PM   #40
Rookie

PanthersFan2000's Arena

Dang I won't be seeing my Carolina Panthers but the amount of work you are willing to put into this is insane and I can't leave out armour and swords for doing the draft class which is beyond amazing!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »