Home

1970 roster - first year of merger

This is a discussion on 1970 roster - first year of merger within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-25-2019, 10:15 AM   #105
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: 1970 roster - first year of merger

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
My bad guys. I started a new job that had me logging 60-70 hrs per week. I also developed an autoimmune thing related to arthritis which makes holding things and using a mouse/keyboard/controller very difficult and painful. On prednisone now and trying to recover a bit. Took a leave from work as well. If I can ever get back to completing this I will..at 63 it isn't as quick a recovery as it used to be.

C
Hope you get to feeling better, man. Didn’t know you were sick. Editing rosters bothers me and I don’t have any arthritis type problems. All those weird finger movements make my hands ache pretty bad and i have to take breaks. Couldn’t imagine it with an issue like this. VCTRB has a similiar issue. Here’s hoping you find the right medication so you can enjoy doing this pain free.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 10:54 AM   #106
Banned

OVR: 21

Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

Jets are in progress. Weird year fro them. Namath started 5 games then broke hand in Colts game. Al Woodall took over and they only won 1 more game. Snell went down too with an injury...

C
Old 04-25-2019, 11:31 AM   #107
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Thanks for the encouraging words guys.

Jets are in progress. Weird year fro them. Namath started 5 games then broke hand in Colts game. Al Woodall took over and they only won 1 more game. Snell went down too with an injury...

C
https://youtu.be/0zPj6lFuzL4

Howard Cosell gives lots of scouting report stuff throughout the broadcast. They’re playing the Browns. Pretty good quality if I remember right. I think some of this stuff if from the reels they’d send to soldiers in Vietnam. I could be wrong. Looks too good to be from any kind of early prototype vcr, which didn’t exist on the market at that time.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 04-25-2019, 11:52 AM   #108
MVP

OVR: 0

Love that video. Have watched it many times. I frequently watch 70's sports on YouTube. I'd rather watch old nfl nba mlb etc... than the games today. There's no comparison. As great as today's athletes are, the games themselves don't compare.
Old 04-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #109
MVP

Cossell was the BEST. You either loved him or hated him. Nothing best his halftime highlights.
Old 04-25-2019, 12:30 PM   #110
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebpmd
Love that video. Have watched it many times. I frequently watch 70's sports on YouTube. I'd rather watch old nfl nba mlb etc... than the games today. There's no comparison. As great as today's athletes are, the games themselves don't compare.
I’m the same way, really don’t watch it as much today, but I get my fix with the old games. I was born in 1980, so these 70s games are a joy. Wish there was more stuff from the 60s.

Teams finished:
Old 04-25-2019, 01:02 PM   #111
MVP

I was born in 67 so that era brings me back to my childhood. If you haven't seen videos of This Week in Pro Football check it out. A weekly wrap up show featuring Pat Summerall and Tom Brooksheier. I believe it dates back to late '60's?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-25-2019, 01:42 PM   #112
Banned

OVR: 21

Born in 56...ugh...I know.

Grew up watching TWIPF. Also loved watching the AFC games on NBC with Charlie Jones and Al Derogatis doing the games. It was a different time. A different brand of football. In my mind, a better game.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »