Home

1970 roster - first year of merger

This is a discussion on 1970 roster - first year of merger within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 10-28-2018, 08:21 PM   #41
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: 1970 roster - first year of merger

Thanks Capa,

I will be Happy doing a double elimination playoff with your completed teams.

Thanks Again,
Don
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-29-2018, 08:32 PM   #42
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

C:

For the Madden 18 roster, are you continuing with the one you did before where I did some of the gear edits? I like 19 now, but for me it’s the receiver issues mostly. The jerseys/colors pop better in 18, too, but the editing restrictions are painful.
Old 10-29-2018, 08:35 PM   #43
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by l8knight1
C:

For the Madden 18 roster, are you continuing with the one you did before where Indisnaome of the gear edits? I like 19 now, but for me itís the receiver issues mostly. The jerseys/colors pop better in 18, too, but the editing restrictions are painful.
I am re-editing the Capal8knt roster file we did. Not sure where the uni edits left off. I am changing traits and some ratings of players based on the findings from 19. Playing terrific in cpu vs cpu Slow Sim watch every play mode with sliders I use.

I really do like 18 better for how I play and/or watch. I know 19 made some big strides, but to me, 18 just plays a better game on the field, especially with revised triats and some ratings!

C
Old 10-30-2018, 05:18 PM   #44
BRING BACK F2000 HELMET!!

l8knight1's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
I am re-editing the Capal8knt roster file we did. Not sure where the uni edits left off. I am changing traits and some ratings of players based on the findings from 19. Playing terrific in cpu vs cpu Slow Sim watch every play mode with sliders I use.

I really do like 18 better for how I play and/or watch. I know 19 made some big strides, but to me, 18 just plays a better game on the field, especially with revised triats and some ratings!

C
The running is night and day better in 19 as a user player myself, so sticking with it, and your 1970 roster, but I think the 'true motion' or whatever they call it is likely the cause of the two feet in sideline/end zone catches and receiver awareness. They are just broken. My opinion, but I can't think of any other reason why something that worked fine for a long time, now doesn't.
Old 11-03-2018, 11:39 AM   #45
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

What sliders settings do you use capa?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-03-2018, 01:01 PM   #46
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc thompsoncanyon838
What sliders settings do you use capa?
I use my own version which obviously pulls things from Josh, Matt, Tommy, etc.

It's not the sliders for me. As of now, there are some issues with the game that sliders can't fix that are turning me off.

1) stop QB from running around in circles at times, running parallel to LOS and just sort of jogging waiting to be sacked
2) add the logic back in that they obviously took out to have QB throw ball away and move out of pocket effectively and at right times when pressured
3) Bring back QBs that scramble as IRL
4) bring back the sideline and end zone awareness so receivers don't continue their patterns out of bounds and have QB try to connect like they are still in bounds
5) clean up RB juking and having them run toward tacklers rather than toward daylight

Hopefully the next patch addresses. I am back playing 18 with my classic set til then.

C
Old 11-03-2018, 03:54 PM   #47
Pro

dc thompsoncanyon838's Arena

It's a shame when you are told repairs will happen and then when they are, a bad situation becomes worse. I read another patch was coming by Halloween. Obviously it didn't,but they did add sum things for mut,of course.
Old 11-21-2018, 01:49 PM   #48
MVP

Pleased to say that I like what yesterday's patch has done for the game and I will be getting back into this roster set to complete the editing on the remaining teams.

Will be weeks before it is ready due to the amount of teams left, time it takes to complete and test, etc.

I know not a large audience for this one, but for the older folks here it should bring back many memories as you watch forgotten players like Harmon Wages, Cyril Pinder, Harold Jackson, Bill Triplett, Mel Farr, Altie Taylor, Jack Concannon, Jim Otis, Dick Hoak, John Hadl, Al Woodall, Floyd Little, Dennis Shaw, Fair Hooker to name a few...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »