Home

Old 12-06-2018, 08:43 PM   #17
Yadda Yoda

bigd51's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: A call out to all roster makers

I'm in complete support of this, FWIW.

This year was the first year I'd really contributed to the roster/slider community here by creating about 10 fictional's for one roster thread to go along w/ the 3 created by the OP.

Mind you... this was merely a few Trait changes for half the players (225 give or take) in each draft class; I decided to take it upon myself to adjust those players Equipment and Appearance sliders to make them NOT look like the eye sores Madden's generator spits out -- some of which I had to do over as I tuned Thigh Size, Arm Size, etc. to properly fit the player's weight/position profile...

Made even more cumbersome by the fact the only time you can adjust these Appearance sliders was going into Edit Draft Class. Meaning after the draft, their Appearances sliders are locked out/disappear; leaving their settings permanent and you stuck w/ what ever they look like in-game during gameplay, which was...

(wait for it...)

Made even worse when I realized some players of a certain weight at specific positions look differently in Edit Player than they do in-game (i.e. if I set Calf Size to 3, his calves will look small in Edit Player but in-game during game-play, his calves look O-line huge -- like they're set to 10 instead...

SO -- I wound up w/ no choice but to go back through the classes I'd already made and update them. Overall, I've edited well over 3,000 players and I didn't even have to do the h*cking real leg-work, bro...

(still with me? Good...)

To top it all off -- after creating the first 5 classes and uploading them -- I was made aware by some posters that my files weren't showing up when they searched. Upon going to my Shared Files list, I discovered all the files I had previously uploaded -- correctly and successfully, FYI -- disappeared/deleted themselves. From that moment on, every time I upload draft classes, they just disappear/delete themselves after a few days/one week; forcing me to re-up them constantly (a problem that still persists, FWIW). I've had to re-upload 10 classes -- at least -- 5x each...

Finally, after around 2 months of monotonous tuning -- a fulfilling (albeit, unnecessarily frustrating) taste of what it was like to contribute even the slightest to the roster/slider community here w/ little-to-zero help from the tools available in Madden along the way -- it suddenly hit me like a giant blanket made out of sad turtles...

"If I were to buy Madden '20 next year, I'd have to do every single one of these over again..."

(Congrats, you made it! )

That's just a taste of "roster making" I had -- probably pales in comparison to the amount of work done by the OP's who make them to start with -- and I'm so defeated, it makes me almost not want to contribute ever again. So, extrapolating MY frustrations to OP frustrations, I could only imagine how annoying it is to have to do it over... and over... and over... and over once more... before having to do it over, yet again... every. Single. Year... instead of having a nice cozy way to carry-over all the hard work you accomplish each year to the next so you don't have to waste the first 2 months of each season re-doing everything you just finished 10 months prior in the last game; at the very least -- just give these creators proper tools to work with...

Signed, sealed, and delivered,

bigd51

****PLEASE, FOR ME...****

Will someone also tell EA to unlock/bring back Appearance sliders in CFM Edit Player (e.g. Chest Size, Thigh Size, etc.)??? PLEASE?!

kthxbye
Old 12-09-2018, 12:32 PM   #18
Rookie

A call out to all roster makers

I have 1 team left for both systems. I uploaded successfully on Xbox but Ps4 the file didnít upload therefore until I see it loaded successfully I will hold off. EA you suck! Why canít you you get it right? Upload issues shouldnít be occurring!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by asantead22; 12-09-2018 at 02:51 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 08:14 PM   #19
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
I have 1 team left for both systems. I uploaded successfully on Xbox but Ps4 the file didn’t upload therefore until I see it loaded successfully I will hold off. EA you suck! Why can’t you you get it right? Upload issues shouldn’t be occurring!!!!

What is your PSN on PS4 so we can locate your roster ? Thanks --- Hopefully your roster will be a worthy All-Time Greats/Legends roster as I have not seen one yet worthy of running with yet on Madden19.

*** Just downloaded your's from 12/06/18 and they [email protected]@K FABULOUS ! Thanks

Are your AT & DAS rosters the same ?

Last edited by doncropper; 12-09-2018 at 08:57 PM.
Old 12-09-2018, 11:47 PM   #20
Rookie

Yes

Old 12-09-2018, 11:52 PM   #21
Rookie

I have 1 team left! I should be finished by Wednesday because I will also unify a few teams on Xbox and Ps4 when I first started. I have already unified Steelers, 49ers, and Cowboys but still have a few more to go. I will work on the Texans starting later tonight and I want to create several more players for Free agency! Thanks!! I feel they are the BEST ALLTIME EVER! It may be my last time ever but Thanks for the compliment and enjoy. Look message on here by Wednesday

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-09-2018, 11:53 PM   #22
Rookie

I have always enjoyed your rosters as well

Old 12-09-2018, 11:58 PM   #23
Rookie

99.5 % are correct HT and Wt but a few backs are heavier to make them look like real life counterpart

Old 12-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #24
MVP

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
99.5 % are correct HT and Wt but a few backs are heavier to make them look like real life counterpart

Hi asant...hey...could you move the discussion on your rosters to a new or existing thread? I was hoping the message from my first posting would not get lost...

Thanks!

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »