Home

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

This is a discussion on The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2018, 11:27 AM   #89
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Since we are talking about Roster Collaboration, I had a question. One thing I haven't been able to test is the created player limit. When you make able player it asks you which roster you want to assign it to. So does the CAP limit just an Individual Roster limit or a total Roster limit. Say you had 6 Roster guys could they work on 3 Rosters and max out the CAPS for each roster? It could really open up a lot of options if it is tied to Individual Rosters.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 12-16-2018, 11:57 AM   #90
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Don, was it you that mixed Playmakers classic roster and my classic roster together? Maybe it was you that was always looking for it.
That was possibly me as I have PM's back from those days on the PC chatting with both you & Playmaker regarding rosters and I do recall using those Roster editing & transfer tools a good bit --- but can't recall precisely what I was doing with them --- although I do recall copying Players from one and placing them into another.

I must admit my true passion thus knowledge & time is dominantly with Old Time Baseball so I am no Football heavyweight as You Guys are with Madden --- in fact I don't even qualify as a Lightweight with this game --- but DO Admire/Appreciate/Enjoy the contributions of you guys.

Last edited by doncropper; 12-16-2018 at 12:09 PM.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:06 PM   #91
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gergdawg
May I suggest an All-Time roster of each franchises best players since the 1970 merger?

So only include players who started their careers after the 1970 merger with possible exceptions for players who maybe played in the late 60’s but played the majority of their careers in the 70s or later ( example: Alan Page).

I have always wanted to play a roster like this .

This project you guys are attempting sounds incredible and I can’t wait to try the rosters. I registered for the site and I’m heading out today to buy madden 19 for PS4 entirely because of this thread. My first post!
Gergdawg, Congratulations - wise purchase !

With a roster such as we are collaborating on (Filled with Many Classic Free Agents) you would easily be able to create Your Post-70s All Time Roster by simply moving players around from Free Agents to Team & From Team to Team as well.

Welcome Aboard & Enjoy the Ride !

As tommycoa stated: WE are on this Long Rode Trip - BUT on this Ride - WE are NOT Alone !

Don

Last edited by doncropper; 12-16-2018 at 12:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 12:14 PM   #92
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Since we are talking about Roster Collaboration, I had a question. One thing I haven't been able to test is the created player limit. When you make able player it asks you which roster you want to assign it to. So does the CAPs limit just an Individual Roster limit or a total Roster limit. Say you had 6 Roster guys could they work on 3 Rosters and max out the CAPS for each roster? It could really open up a lot of options if it is tied to Individual Rosters.
vtcrb, I'm not the wizard with this Madden game so hopefully others will answer your question with certainty BUT what I think I know: Each Team does have a cap as to the # of players on it; I don't know the limit in the game on # of CAP allowed but I am fairly confident there is one; HOWEVER, with this Madden19 version you are allowed to modify just about everything on any existing Player in the game (with one exception I know of is a players handeness - i.e. Lefty or Righty) THUS You can Modify anyone you want to make him into anyone you want and with the Free Agent list being vast in number that pretty much covers having that ability to add many many players into one roster.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:27 PM   #93
MVP

OVR: 6

Guys i just uploaded the roster with demo Green Bay and Chicago. It’s xbox and the gamer tags is haughtypine7723

Took me about an hour and a half to ratings edit these two teams. Edits may not be perfect, more of a rough draft, just wanted to get a demo out there.

If you guys have madden 18, I related somebodies all time roster with it too. Not sure who it was. They were playing really good last year. Hate that couldnt port them over. Didn’t quite finish my edits though. They dropped a late-march patch on 18 that took me away from madden.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-16-2018, 05:02 PM   #94
MVP

Classic bears vs classic packers.

Bears stout d holds off Favre and the packs elite recieving squad, 21-14. It was 13-7 with 5 minutes left in the game. Seen new animations, too.

Bears. Packers
354. Tot off. 360
150. Rushing. 72
204 Passing. 288
19. First downs. 14
4. Pr. 0
58. Kr. 67
416. Total yards. 427
1. Turnover. 1
9-18. 3 down. 4-13
4-35. Penalties 4-40

76 passes; 53 runs; 2 sacks; 131 total plays; 12 TFLs; 18 pass deflections (only number that’s off) 4 fumbles; 2 lost; no interceptions

Passing
Favre 26-41 288 1 td 0 picks 40 long

Luckman 18-34 212 0/0 26 long

Rushing
Packers
Green 10-57 1 td 40 long
Brockington 2-2
Levens 1-9
Taylor 1-4

Bears
Payton 28-125 1 td 5 broken tackles; 14 long

Sayers 7-17
Nagurski 1- -4
Forte 1-3
Anderson 1-10
Luckman 1- -1

Recieving
Packers
WR Lofton 6-76
WR Hutson 6-93
TE Franks 5-38
RB Green 4-44
Sharpe 3-30
TE Coffman 1-10 1 td
Rb Jim taylor 1- -4

Bears
Sayers 5-14
Marshall 3-39
Te moorehead 2-37
Gault 2-41
TE Sitka 2-24
Rb Payton 2-26
Kavanaugh 1-13 (moved him to wr on this file)
Jeffery 1-18

Bears 2 TFLs; packers 10 tfls

Chuck Cecil a sack for pack
Hampton a sack for bears. It was near the end he sacked and stripped Favre picked up fumble in endzone for 21-7 lead.

Lots of great action in this one.

I used my cpu vs cpu sliders in cfm and i changed some playbooks and schemeshttps://forums.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/936303-madden-19-cpu-vs-cpu-sliders.html

In cfm go to Manage and choose schemes.

Packers
West coast power run
Multiple 3-4
Playbook-west coast(got to select it when you pick teams)
La Rams defensive playbook

Bears
Multiple power run
46 defense
Baltimore offensive book
Seattle defensive book

Baltimore playbook or jets book for offense is the best. With these schemes, it keeps the teams in 2 back sets for 1 and 2 downs. For the most part. They will mix in shotgun, but this looks way more like old school attacks for the most part. Don’t worry about the scheme fit, thats for xp and we dont really need xp with these players.

With 30 seconds left in the 1st half, the pack trailed 10-0, and had the ball at the bears 40. Favre calls an audible and hands off to ahman green for a 40 yard td run. Pack didnt even really try to run much, Favre was audibling to pass plays.had no probs with TE getting over-targeted either. Only gripe is the deflections.

Favre looked like Favre out there shedding tackles and making plays.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Guys i just uploaded the roster with demo Green Bay and Chicago. It’s xbox and the gamer tags is haughtypine7723

Took me about an hour and a half to ratings edit these two teams. Edits may not be perfect, more of a rough draft, just wanted to get a demo out there.

If you guys have madden 18, I related somebodies all time roster with it too. Not sure who it was. They were playing really good last year. Hate that couldnt port them over. Didn’t quite finish my edits though. They dropped a late-march patch on 18 that took me away from madden.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #95
MVP

Forgot to add, chandler had 4 punts fora 38 yard average/ 32 net; and bears green was 4-133 33.3 average 28.3 net. Lots of wind. I used default special teams sliders. Also had 4 missed FGs. Stepped away though it was 3. 2 by kevin butler bears, i added him in and lonwell missed all 3 of his FGs. Wind definitely played a factor. Never seen a kicker go 0-3 on madden.

Also 4 fumbles may seem high, but back in the day, they fumbled the ball a lot more than these days.

A running back, a qb and 2 wrs had fumbles.

Teams finished:
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2018, 05:07 PM   #96
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

Made a separate thread to talk about Roster Collaboration: https://forums.operationsports.com/f...on-thread.html

I didn't want to clog up this thread correct new Users to have to scroll thru talk of other Roster creations. This Roster is too good to get off subject.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »