Home

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

This is a discussion on The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
OS Roundtable: How Long Do Sports Games Last for You?
Bonding Through Video Games: Not All Screen Time's Created Equal
Need For Speed Heat Review

Old 12-14-2018, 12:51 PM   #49
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Just curious how many of you play or watch or do both . I知 strictly a CPU VS CPU Guy now. I知 enjoying sitting back and watching these teams battle it out . Old Age creeping up on me will be 51 in 2 weeks . LOL .
I too am a CPU vs CPU ONLY guy ---- Old Age has caught up with me as I am soon to be 70 .........
Old 12-14-2018, 12:56 PM   #50
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
This would also be a great way to get a "Greatest teams" roster set. Like a set with the 72 Dolphins, 89 49ers, 85 Bears, 68 Jets, etc...

C
YES !!! It would CAPA & I think we should start such a process by decade or by bi-decade (i.e. 60s-70s; 80s-90s; etc etc) ...... each Person could take a specific Team and rotate that way. Especially those of us that are committed to staying with M19 and not going to M20 unless they make these necessary roster/player transfers available. There could be a separate Person as Controller of each decade Roster which would make it even easier and quicker for all of us. I would volunteer to be the '60s Roster Controller !

PLUS --- This approach would be a VERY STRONG & POINTED Message to any EA Madden person(s) that review this forum - which I am sure they do .........

Last edited by doncropper; 12-14-2018 at 12:59 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:58 PM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I think that would work GREAT --- & then You would be the First to Take Control of this GREATEST ALL-TIME ROSTER to add your players.

I love the idea of the Draft Class too after this Roster has reached it limit of adds.

Of course, we need to hear from asantead22 to see if he agrees with this approach ..... I likely will be speaking with him this weekend but even more than likely he will read these recent posts and respond here with his thoughts ..........

Hey guys Im ok with whatever you guys want to do. I guess Im exhausted from staying up to 3:30 am on an average night for four months to work on this project.
Most of my research has been books such as The Pro Football Hall of Fame 50th anniversary book, 75th anniversary book, Bleacher Report All time teams, Football Reference and my personal experience of watching, reading and conversation with former NFL players. So my research has been a plethora of diverse information.
With that said, I am all for whatever you want to do with the rosters. I have about 40 players I want to add in.
The other thing Im willing to have a conference call so we can discuss. I know a lot a people are worried about live conversations but trust me, Im not.
If you guys are interested lets do this maybe sometime tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:08 PM   #52
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
I too am a CPU vs CPU ONLY guy ---- Old Age has caught up with me as I am soon to be 70 .........
Awesome I guess we are never too old to enjoy watching football even on a videogame �� I’m currently running all pro default with 10 minutes clock to 25 but accel off . How are you running your cpu vs cpu games

Last edited by HC0023; 12-14-2018 at 01:11 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:11 PM   #53
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
This would also be a great way to get a "Greatest teams" roster set. Like a set with the 72 Dolphins, 89 49ers, 85 Bears, 68 Jets, etc...

C

Hey Capa,

One request? Anyway to make my 94 49ers?

Thanks,

Asantead22

Old 12-14-2018, 01:13 PM   #54
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by asantead22
Hey guys Im ok with whatever you guys want to do. I guess Im exhausted from staying up to 3:30 am on an average night for four months to work on this project.
Most of my research has been books such as The Pro Football Hall of Fame 50th anniversary book, 75th anniversary book, Bleacher Report All time teams, Football Reference and my personal experience of watching, reading and conversation with former NFL players. So my research has been a plethora of diverse information.
With that said, I am all for whatever you want to do with the rosters. I have about 40 players I want to add in.
The other thing Im willing to have a conference call so we can discuss. I know a lot a people are worried about live conversations but trust me, Im not.
If you guys are interested lets do this maybe sometime tomorrow. Look forward to hearing from you!!!

I'm IN 100+% ..... this reminds me of some 15 years ago when we started our TOTAL CLASSICS Team with MVP 2005 (actually started it with MVP 2003) .... It turned out to be a lasting project of over 10+ Years of Enjoyment for Many !

I would think with a Team of such Classic enthusiast like: Capa, iteachhistory78, l8Knight, tommycoa, Playmakers, asantead22, Stormwarnings, Armor & Sword, metallicarl, art01 and certainly many others ...... This could be a Very WELCOMED Venture that would bring endless hours of enjoyment to MANY for a LONG LONG Time !!!

Last edited by doncropper; 12-14-2018 at 01:17 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:16 PM   #55
Pro

Quote:
Awesome I guess we are never too old to enjoy watching football even on a videogame �� I知 currently running all pro default with 10 minutes clock to 25 but accel off . How are you running your cpu vs cpu games
I use PRO; 10 Minutes; with accel on ..... but might try it on off as I need a few more offensive (run/pass) plays in a game --- but I am averaging around 110-120 or so and would like to get to 120-140 or so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:18 PM   #56
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I think that would work GREAT --- & then You would be the First to Take Control of this GREATEST ALL-TIME ROSTER to add your players.

I love the idea of the Draft Class too after this Roster has reached it limit of adds.

Of course, we need to hear from asantead22 to see if he agrees with this approach ..... I likely will be speaking with him this weekend but even more than likely he will read these recent posts and respond here with his thoughts ..........
Quote:
Just curious how many of you play or watch or do both . I知 strictly a CPU VS CPU Guy now. I知 enjoying sitting back and watching these teams battle it out . Old Age creeping up on me will be 51 in 2 weeks . LOL .

Ok that sounds great to me, I will get started on my list this afternoon and I'll shoot it over to your PM in a couple days. Then if Asan is cool with all this I will create them and edit them. And re upload it for you guys once hes done with what he needs to do.

I like to play and watch CPU. Specifically with this set once it's full done I'll be creating a full team franchise where I'll have legendary coaches to match this. For example Paul brown for browns. Sheila with dolphins. Landry in dallas etc

https://vaughn.live/stormswarning

Last edited by StormsWarning; 12-14-2018 at 01:21 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »