Home

The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

This is a discussion on The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 12-14-2018, 01:24 PM   #65
All Star

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40
Re: The Greatest All-Time Rosters Ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Nice . What settings are you currently running
All Pro Level
Game Style Simulation
Game Speed Normal
Ball Carrier Special Move AUTO
ALL Assists OFF

Quarter Length 11 minutes
Accelerated Clock OFF
Minimum Play Clock 17 seconds

Fatigue 66
Player Speed Parity 0

QB Accuracy 75
Pass Blocking 40
WR Catching 53

Run Blocking 95
Fumbles 45

Reaction Time 25
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 75

Tackling 7

Everything else Default

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 01:45 PM   #66
MVP

OVR: 6

Created playbooks are hard to get into the game because in play now you have to set the playbooks and you’re not letting it go with the controller in the middle. When controller isn’t in the middle the game doesnt play the same in play now. Capa’s had lots of problems with this.

In cfm, the problem is you can only assign the default team specific books this year, not the generics. And you can only assign one team a custom book. For me it’s just easier to adapt those players to current schemes. Really wsn’t a slot we before the 2000s. Halfbacks and fullback usually had those catches. We just have to get those touches to another player. In the old pro style offenses with far/near formations, the halfback would motion out as a wr and leave the fullback as the single back. Sometimes the fullback would shift to the wing and the halfback would be the single back. Lots of shifts back in the day.

Nowadays the slot wr doesnt motion from the backfield. Sometime the slot guy is a TE and this the old fullback position.

It’s basically the same thing today, except teams start out in the spread formation. Used to, they would shift their normal personel into a spread-type formation, albeit under center. A far/near formation would turn into a 3 wide 1 back set.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I made a cursory attempt at creating a '60s style Offensive Playbook but never completed it. I would think that creating individual Decade Oriented Offensive & Defensive Playbooks to share with the community would be something achievable & desirable. However, I for one would need a bit more practice at doing such.

Frank Gifford is a slot guy on my Giants as well (he actually played receiver in his later years for the Giants) ........

Several approaches all make sense to me:
1) This ALL TIME ROSTER
2) Decade specific yearly Team Roster (different seasons/years represented by teams)
3) Decade oriented ALL TIME ROSTER
4) Individual yearly Season Roster (i.e. 1970; 1985; etc.)
5) All Time Team oriented NCAA Roster (Top 30 Teams and/or Regional Teams)

As a United Community these ALL could be brought to Life !

I would think a separate Forum Thread would be needed to maintain an orderly approach for each with one Person as the Lead on each.

This GREATEST ALL-TIME ROSTER (once completed) would be a fabulous boilerplate/base roster to start each of the above mentioned approaches with.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Created playbooks are hard to get into the game because in play now you have to set the playbooks and you’re not letting it go with the controller in the middle. When controller isn’t in the middle the game doesnt play the same in play now. Capa’s had lots of problems with this.
Yep, but I think it was iteachhistory78 that taught me, in Play Now, to use two controllers (one for each team) to set each teams playbooks and once in the game prior to the kickoff set the controllers both to the middle .... then you have to perform the Kickoff via the controller but after that the game is in CPU vs CPU mode and each is using those prior selected OFF & DEF Playbooks.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:59 PM   #68
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
Major Harris & Charlie Ward are at the top of my suggestion list.
That’s the exact guys I was meaning. Charlie Ward would look damn good in a Redskins jersey. Tons of wrs from the 90s era Noles. Vanover for sure.

Tony Robinson from Tennessee
Heath Shuler and Tee Martin, too

Kevin Murray Texas AM-Kyler’s dad, was really good. Woulda been a 1st round pick if he played today. The black qb was frowned upon back then.

RB Amp Lee FSU

Lots of the LSU WRs from the 80s to today like Josh Reed, Wendell Davis, Eddie Kennison. Others too.

Jared Lorenzen Kentucky

Rick Mirer Notre Dame. Maybe include Steve Berlien and make him the headline player of the league. Get a few guys like this too. Steve DeBerg/Dave Kreig-types.

Stanford Fullback “Touchdown” Tommy Vardell

Colorado Ibone qb Darrian Hagan

Auburn RB-Brent Fullwood, James Joseph, and Stacy Danley, also QB Dameyune Craig, he’d be a top player. Lawyer Tillman, too.

Georgia QB David Greene, Aaron Murray too

All the heisman flops like Gene Torretta, Jason White, Rahsaan Salaam.

Bust-type rated Jamarcus Russell and Ryan Leaf, but make it to where they start for the raiders and chargers.

Saints qb Aaron Brooks.

SUper Bowl hero for Redskins Timmy Smith.

Former virginia qb early-90s Shawn Moore.

Former alabama qb walter Lewis was a black qb that woulda been a high draft pick today as well.

Iowa QB Chuck Long.

Arizona state rb Leonard Russell.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 12-14-2018, 02:06 PM   #69
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Roster is uploaded, thank you for allowing it to be shared and thank you for such hard dedication to this community.

ALL CREDIT TO ASANTEAD22

Roster Name will be ALLTIME

This will be my v1

V2 will come from my test with franchise mode now.

To know if you have the roster, go into the browns roster, in the wide receiver section, if you see players such as Kevin Johnson or Pepper Johnson then you know you have the file.

Thank you again bro.
What's your PSN ID, so I can search by ID rather than just roster?
Thanks!
Old 12-14-2018, 04:18 PM   #70
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtcrb
All Pro Level
Game Style Simulation
Game Speed Normal
Ball Carrier Special Move AUTO
ALL Assists OFF

Quarter Length 11 minutes
Accelerated Clock OFF
Minimum Play Clock 17 seconds

Fatigue 66
Player Speed Parity 0

QB Accuracy 75
Pass Blocking 40
WR Catching 53

Run Blocking 95
Fumbles 45

Reaction Time 25
Interceptions 35
Pass Coverage 75

Tackling 7

Everything else Default
Just set these up to try . One thing I noticed about the play clock that I had pointed out in Tommy’s cpu vs cpu slider thread. The accelerated clock in setup won’t stay at what you set it too example you have it off at 17. In main menu I have it set fine 11 minutes 17 playclock and accel off. In play now set up when you try it it goes back to default of 25.
Old 12-14-2018, 05:23 PM   #71
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathteachernerd1968
What's your PSN ID, so I can search by ID rather than just roster?
Thanks!

Storms_Warning is my psn

As Don & Asan has said there will be one more than likely on the horizon that we all are going to work on. The one that I have put up is all of Asans work, I just added about 15 players and re rated most teams, I also moved the power down to 70 for kicking and punting for every team, to give better field position instead of always having touch backs.

The effect of this though is you will not be kicking the 45+ yard field goals and you will have to drive the field. On average so far on kicks I'm seeing kicks to the other side of the 20, I would like to get it atleast to the 10 where you could run it. And with wind in play you could get the touch back and also the extra little push for field goal trys.

So I'm still tweaking that, with the players that I added theres maybe a few more. But I'd like to really kinda think it through. Because the roster really is filled with awesome players.

So you can play with it. But there will be a better one down the line.

https://vaughn.live/stormswarning

Last edited by StormsWarning; 12-14-2018 at 05:27 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-14-2018, 06:30 PM   #72
MVP

HC0023's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by HC0023
Just set these up to try . One thing I noticed about the play clock that I had pointed out in Tommy’s cpu vs cpu slider thread. The accelerated clock in setup won’t stay at what you set it too example you have it off at 17. In main menu I have it set fine 11 minutes 17 playclock and accel off. In play now set up when you try it it goes back to default of 25.
Just did a play now CPU VS CPU Niners 42-Cowboys 22 Total plays 120. Montana 18-26-253-69%-2TD-3int Staubach 26-38-221-68%-1td-1int rushing top rushers niners McELhernry 17-166- cowboys Smith 11-89,Walker8-11, staubach 6-49 Craig 5-65 Perry5-18, Dorset’s 3-14 Recieving Dorset 10-70 Witten 5-54 Davis 5-57 Rice 4-110 Pearson 3-41 defense total TFL 7 Sacks 1 INT 4 9 pdef USED VTCRB slider set that he posted

Last edited by HC0023; 12-14-2018 at 06:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »