Home

Question: Biggest problem with auto-generated draft classes?

This is a discussion on Question: Biggest problem with auto-generated draft classes? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
Sports Game of the Year in 2020: MLB The Show 20
Best Racing Game in 2020: F1 2020
Best Franchise Mode in 2020: Super Mega Baseball 3
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-11-2019, 08:47 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Question: Biggest problem with auto-generated draft classes?

Hey guys. pretty new to Madden, playing franchise mode. Im curious what the biggest problem with the auto-generated draft classes are, cus I heard there were serious issues with them. So you can go in and maybe fix the worse stuff manually? Hopefully forgetting which players you "nerfed" or "buffed" by the end of the season so it isnt cheating... If it's like way too many good players of position X, then cant I just go in and manually pull out the worst stuff? Im new so that would be more than fine for me.

Not sure about using custom classes, what happens after a few years? Arnt most classes for 19 and 20? and if I decide to play with a different team, wont I remember who the best players in the custom classes were? I guess I could use a different class. IDK, just seems more than good enough to use auto-generation for me.

Last edited by SacharNabai; 01-13-2019 at 01:42 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-13-2019, 10:57 PM   #2
Pro

Re: Question: Biggest problem with auto-generated draft classes?

QB traits and development traits for them are things I tweak. Too many classes with multiple franchise qbs in my opinion if you don't tweak them
Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #3
Rookie

daddynab2's Arena

also the equipment in auto generated classes are sh!t. nobody will have shooter sleeves & half will wear face masks tht are out of the ordinary for their position. for me it’s jus not authentic.

you’ll also notice tht offensive linemen are typically rated much lower than the rest of the class
Old 01-22-2019, 11:36 AM   #4
49ers

adembroski's Arena

OVR: 43

WAY too many top QBs. You end up having to tone down their progression just to keep the talent level in line.

The first kind is wrong. The second is superfluous.

The only difference between reality and fiction is that fiction needs to be credible.
-Mark Twain.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:22 PM   #5
Rookie

If you want it to be a simulation then obviously... buuuuut... isnt it kinda a good thing? isnt the lack of QB talent the main thing that held the NFL back for ages... im not really in it for the simulation, I frankly doubt EA could make an engine good enough to make it even seem like real football results etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-08-2019, 09:38 PM   #6
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by SacharNabai
If you want it to be a simulation then obviously... buuuuut... isnt it kinda a good thing? isnt the lack of QB talent the main thing that held the NFL back for ages... im not really in it for the simulation, I frankly doubt EA could make an engine good enough to make it even seem like real football results etc...
Eh. Not sure I agree with this post. I think outside of a few outliers the talent distribution at the position from a league wide perspective has been pretty constant. I'm not sure that ever "held" the league back
Old 02-10-2019, 01:45 PM   #7
Rookie

Pretty sure Goodell and the rest of the league office would do pretty much ANYTHING to have 30 QBs in the league who were all, at least, good. Wasnt a major reason the ratings dipped a couple years ago that just a couple of the good QBs were hurt?
Old 02-10-2019, 03:10 PM   #8
Pro

Sure they would as that meant 30 teams would have potential franchise qbs. I would say there many factors that played into the ratings dip. It was a combination of things. Not just because qbs were out. People are going to watch the NFL. Great teams will still exist. The perceived "qb problem" has never been out of the norm. Of all the issues that may hhold the league back....this is not one towards the top. It is a very unrealistic and annoying flaw in the madden engine

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »