Home

Ratings Questions

This is a discussion on Ratings Questions within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-27-2019, 10:06 AM   #1
Rookie

PlaybookKing's Arena

OVR: 0
Ratings Questions

For any of you who have done roster rating edits, can you give me some tips on certain thresholds that must be met to generate certain animations. I've been thinking about creating my own roster for madden 20 and was going to do a bit of experimenting at the end of the year before creating the mass project next season.

I want to create a roster that lowers all ratings across the board to create a difference between an average NFL player, a probowl player, all pro, hall of famer and a generational talent.

We have a roster system that uses a rating system from 1 to 99. But never are all of these ratings utilized. Often probowl players will have ratings in the upper 90's but we all know that some of these players wouldn't be able to meet the same standard like a Lawerence Taylor where he' s just a generational talent and flat out a better ball player.

95+ Overall players will be a handful of generational players
85-94 would be players Hall of Fame Bound
80-84 All Pro Player
79-75 Probowl level player
74-68 Starter
67-64 Depth Player
64-60 Practice Squad

Speed / Acceleration and Agility will all be reworked to create a bigger speed difference.

Most ratings will be in the low to mid 70's except the obvious players who transcend past the average ability of other NFL athletes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-27-2019, 08:26 PM   #2
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: Ratings Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlaybookKing
For any of you who have done roster rating edits, can you give me some tips on certain thresholds that must be met to generate certain animations. I've been thinking about creating my own roster for madden 20 and was going to do a bit of experimenting at the end of the year before creating the mass project next season.

I want to create a roster that lowers all ratings across the board to create a difference between an average NFL player, a probowl player, all pro, hall of famer and a generational talent.

We have a roster system that uses a rating system from 1 to 99. But never are all of these ratings utilized. Often probowl players will have ratings in the upper 90's but we all know that some of these players wouldn't be able to meet the same standard like a Lawerence Taylor where he' s just a generational talent and flat out a better ball player.

95+ Overall players will be a handful of generational players
85-94 would be players Hall of Fame Bound
80-84 All Pro Player
79-75 Probowl level player
74-68 Starter
67-64 Depth Player
64-60 Practice Squad

Speed / Acceleration and Agility will all be reworked to create a bigger speed difference.

Most ratings will be in the low to mid 70's except the obvious players who transcend past the average ability of other NFL athletes.
u have to edit the player trals like turn off high moter add fight for yards etc
Old 03-28-2019, 08:52 AM   #3
Rookie

PlaybookKing's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Ratings Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
u have to edit the player trals like turn off high moter add fight for yards etc
Yeah I agree with that, alot of players need those traits adjusted. But I believe speed needs also be reworked for alot of players because I feel like they get speed and acceleration confused.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »