Home

Future Classic Rosters?

This is a discussion on Future Classic Rosters? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 05-23-2019, 10:39 AM   #41
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...bbcAhd439ukL-X

56 games from 1989. Thought i seen all the teams in a quick look.
Thank you for this link, this is huge!

https://vaughn.live/stormswarning
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 11:10 AM   #42
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
That is awesome and I'm happy for you. That was definitely a pay it forward moment. Stand up guy in Don no doubt.

As far as the show is concerned let me say welcome to the best sports game on this gen and possibly every made.

19 is a phenomenal game of baseball, you have no idea the magnitude of baseball rosters made by Don, Baumy, Jmyers, Jethroll, Knight, PJ, BostonRob and so many other talented roster makers.

Not to mention Armors Sliders, his whole set up is a must have hands down.

To give you an example. Baumy went and single handedly created 1995 - 1999 Full 25 Man Rosters, Complete with stats, created faces, and ratings. Its extremely extremely beautiful.

Jmyers and Jethroll are currently putting the finishing touches on a full 90 man roster for 1987, with the same features I mentioned in baumys plus more.

Don, well Don's 1970, 1980 and 1990 playoff rosters are just outstanding. You gotta see those to believe it.

He also did a classic 60's Roster that is Fire!

Bacons Fictional Mod is a must have.

Man theres so much baseball it's crazy, how good the community is and how much if the extra mile they have gone to try and release rosters to the public for free, for everyone to enjoy.

That's why I'm working on madden 19 now, because for me I want to be able to give back in some way.

I legit have 0 plans on buying Madden 20, I'm going to create these rosters on Madden 19, no matter how long it takes.

While everyone enjoying whatever they doing in future. Maddens, when it comes to classic's they'll say yeah this and that is good, but them classic's on 19 is fire!

So as I've said good luck to everyone, I'll be reaching out to all you roster creators as you all are top notch content creators in my book!

To give an example as I was creating some players, ratings, giving traits, the things that I teach, and Tommy were talking about, like the different ratings of players and why they gave them those ratings...

That's the stuff I meant as a whole, that is vital to this community and new comers as myself. Look I'm 44 years old, I love gaming always have, and when I created rosters back in the day, I did it straight off how I thought that player performed.

In today's games and the tools the developers put into the game to try and give you a little more variety and immersion its conversations like those that are a huge help.

So keep it flowing fellas, the more awesome ideas the more the rosters will be for everyone.

And just so it's out there and everyone knows my magnitude of rosters I'm speaking of.

1989 - 2000 to start.

2000 - 2010.

All on 19, plus the 70s and 80s capa and iteach are speaking of.

This for me is not going to be a rush job, I'm not good at ratings and I have spoken to guys about giving me there knowledge and expertise about it.

And just so it's out there, I have no shame in looking to guys like capa,iteach, Tommy, don, armor and a few others for help.

I look at all of yall as I have said as the pioneers in doing this. We all do have one thing in common and that is...

we all want to be able to enjoy the classic's we grew up playing and watching. And for some of these younger gen guys to also be able to look to the legends that paved the way for today's players.

So sorry for the book lol, but ima put the work in as long as God provides me a day I'm blessed to do it in.

Future post for me. Will be starting a 1989 thread. And posting updates as often as I can. So I dont jumble up the thread.

Storm.
Storm if you complete 1989-2000 and then 2000-2010 then you are a god lol. That would be the PS4 equivalent of Browns33 rosters for Madden 16 and 15. That would be 21 years worth of football! I was going to to give my first attempt at Madden rosters by using the 02 and 05 rosters as bases for 2001,2003 and 2004, but if you’re going to eventually get to them I’ll probably save myself the work. This thread alone will probably make Madden 19 the must have Madden for me.

I did something very similar with the NHL series over the last 3 and a half years where over the course the course of 3 games(19,18,17) I have managed to do 35 years worth of rosters for myself. Even though that game doesn’t even have roster sharing I’ve also managed to share them with a few people who bought a program called Save wizard. I am currently finishing off the the early 80s on 18 and after that I might attempt the 70s on NHL 19.

What I’ve learned through that experience is that it is a lot of work doing continuous rosters and it is a daunting task that tests my patience and low attention span weekly. Between creating players, ratings, equipment , Jersey numbers and transactions it can be quite overwhelming. I’m probably still going to be editing equipment and player faces on those rosters for at least the next few years due to me rushing parts of the process so the best approach is to definitely take your time. If you do that then you’re golden

Since I was born in the early 90s I love all classic sports rosters before my time. It is honestly the best and most in depth way to learn about the history of each sport. You get to pay attention to far more than just the legends who are always talked about. You get to learn more about all the role players, one hit wonders and bench warmers as well. My favourite thing to do is go through each roster and see how stars and teams rise and fall each season. As a fan of the NFL,MLB, NBA and NHL these rosters have only helped grow my passion for each sport.

On one note though if you plan to to start with 1989 and continue down the rabbit hole there is one obstacle that I’m curious about how you’ll handle. That is keeping track of the players that retire each season. I have been trying to find a good site that keeps track of football retirements, but I’ve yet to find one. The closest thing I’ve found is Pro Sports transactions , but it is quite tedious and convoluted to sort through that site to find that information. Pro Football reference for some reason doesn’t keep track of it like Baseball, Basketball and Hockey reference do. So just a heads up as you might want to contact Browns 33 to see how he kept track of that.
Old 05-23-2019, 11:46 AM   #43
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
Storm if you complete 1989-2000 and then 2000-2010 then you are a god lol. That would be the PS4 equivalent of Browns33 rosters for Madden 16 and 15. That would be 21 years worth of football! I was going to to give my first attempt at Madden rosters by using the 02 and 05 rosters as bases for 2001,2003 and 2004, but if you’re going to eventually get to them I’ll probably save myself the work. This thread alone will probably make Madden 19 the must have Madden for me.

I did something very similar with the NHL series over the last 3 and a half years where over the course the course of 3 games(19,18,17) I have managed to do 35 years worth of rosters for myself. Even though that game doesn’t even have roster sharing I’ve also managed to share them with a few people who bought a program called Save wizard. I am currently finishing off the the early 80s on 18 and after that I might attempt the 70s on NHL 19.

What I’ve learned through that experience is that it is a lot of work doing continuous rosters and it is a daunting task that tests my patience and low attention span weekly. Between creating players, ratings, equipment , Jersey numbers and transactions it can be quite overwhelming. I’m probably still going to be editing equipment and player faces on those rosters for at least the next few years due to me rushing parts of the process so the best approach is to definitely take your time. If you do that then you’re golden

Since I was born in the early 90s I love all classic sports rosters before my time. It is honestly the best and most in depth way to learn about the history of each sport. You get to pay attention to far more than just the legends who are always talked about. You get to learn more about all the role players, one hit wonders and bench warmers as well. My favourite thing to do is go through each roster and see how stars and teams rise and fall each season. As a fan of the NFL,MLB, NBA and NHL these rosters have only helped grow my passion for each sport.

On one note though if you plan to to start with 1989 and continue down the rabbit hole there is one obstacle that I’m curious about how you’ll handle. That is keeping track of the players that retire each season. I have been trying to find a good site that keeps track of football retirements, but I’ve yet to find one. The closest thing I’ve found is Pro Sports transactions , but it is quite tedious and convoluted to sort through that site to find that information. Pro Football reference for some reason doesn’t keep track of it like Baseball, Basketball and Hockey reference do. So just a heads up as you might want to contact Browns 33 to see how he kept track of that.
Well I really wanted to do that, but since where all taking the approach of doing our own rosters, then for me yes it's going to take quite a bit of time. My dude brown33 did and outstanding job on that project and trust me there incredible, and I have all those sets in my xbox cloud, he even gave me permission awhile back to transfer all his sets over to the ps4.

But I had an emergency and was really left with no other choice but to sell my xbox to help get tires for my vehicle, it was a very quick type of situation where I needed cash right then and there.

I still havent been able to recover from that. To purchase another xbox. Believe me being able to basically copy in a side by side comparison would make it a whole lot quicker.

I still want to complete those sets, but I also thought about splitting them up, but I really hate gaps, so I'm going to take 1 roster set set a time. Tommy has agreed to be fully on board to help me with the 89 set. And I'll go from there and see where things are and how I'm feeling.

Tommy has a lot of knowledge on creating, editing and he will be heading the ratings and I'm very grateful to have him helping me with this.

As far as the retired players are concerned these rosters will not directly be for cfm, you can try and use them in there but since the playbooks that will be using and highly advised to use with these in a play now format to replicate that 1989 feel as close as possible. I cant really say how they'll play out in a cfm format, but yes All of my rosters will will be for a play now set up.

I'll be setting up manual single season match ups with some stats, awards, and playoffs. Which will be streamed on my YouTube channel. And that's how I plan to counter all this mess in cfm.

Cfm is ok for right now style of teams but for classics its terrible, and if you look back on a video when I tryed to use custom playbooks with custom rosters it was a full glitch fest. That's what started this fire in me to create these sets.

When I tryed Tommy's play now approach with his settings i cant stress enough how different the game play was watching a CPU vs CPU game and even playing a Hum vs CPU game. After that it was no looking back for me.

So from here on out, there will be days that I go super quiet, but just like my dude brown33 did, the fire will be released when its complete.

Iteach, and capa have plans on doing there rosters and I wish them all the best with them.

So I'll be taking the rosters just as there are seen on pro-reference and the football data base.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 05-23-2019 at 11:51 AM.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:06 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Well I really wanted to do that, but since where all taking the approach of doing our own rosters, then for me yes it's going to take quite a bit of time. My dude brown33 did and outstanding job on that project and trust me there incredible, and I have all those sets in my xbox cloud, he even gave me permission awhile back to transfer all his sets over to the ps4.

But I had an emergency and was really left with no other choice but to sell my xbox to help get tires for my vehicle, it was a very quick type of situation where I needed cash right then and there.

I still havent been able to recover from that. To purchase another xbox. Believe me being able to basically copy in a side by side comparison would make it a whole lot quicker.

I still want to complete those sets, but I also thought about splitting them up, but I really hate gaps, so I'm going to take 1 roster set set a time. Tommy has agreed to be fully on board to help me with the 89 set. And I'll go from there and see where things are and how I'm feeling.

Tommy has a lot of knowledge on creating, editing and he will be heading the ratings and I'm very grateful to have him helping me with this.

As far as the retired players are concerned these rosters will not directly be for cfm, you can try and use them in there but since the playbooks that will be using and highly advised to use with these in a play now format to replicate that 1989 feel as close as possible. I cant really say how they'll play out in a cfm format, but yes All of my rosters will will be for a play now set up.

I'll be setting up manual single season match ups with some stats, awards, and playoffs. Which will be streamed on my YouTube channel. And that's how I plan to counter all this mess in cfm.

Cfm is ok for right now style of teams but for classics its terrible, and if you look back on a video when I tryed to use custom playbooks with custom rosters it was a full glitch fest. That's what started this fire in me to create these sets.

When I tryed Tommy's play now approach with his settings i cant stress enough how different the game play was watching a CPU vs CPU game and even playing a Hum vs CPU game. After that it was no looking back for me.

So from here on out, there will be days that I go super quiet, but just like my dude brown33 did, the fire will be released when its complete.

Iteach, and capa have plans on doing there rosters and I wish them all the best with them.

So I'll be taking the rosters just as there are seen on pro-reference and the football data base.
Ah, that makes sense. Now that I think of it the answer to the retired player question is actually pretty simple. If a player didnít play a game for the teams youíre doing you can simply just release them to free agency. Since they are just for play now you wonít have to worry about CPU teams signing them anyway.

I agree the best thing is to start with 1989 and see how you feel going forward. Iím not sure who mentioned it but I agree that this thread should be stickyed as the classic roster thread for Madden. If we could somehow get it setup like the way it is on the MLB section of this site it would be great.
Old 05-23-2019, 12:30 PM   #45
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grentthealien
Ah, that makes sense. Now that I think of it the answer to the retired player question is actually pretty simple. If a player didnít play a game for the teams youíre doing you can simply just release them to free agency. Since they are just for play now you wonít have to worry about CPU teams signing them anyway.

I agree the best thing is to start with 1989 and see how you feel going forward. Iím not sure who mentioned it but I agree that this thread should be stickyed as the classic roster thread for Madden. If we could somehow get it setup like the way it is on the MLB section of this site it would be great.
Yeah that was me that suggested it, but I never heard any more about it. I agree that would be nice to have so everyone knew what was being worked on, what has been releases.

And yeah your right about the retirement of players and CPU signing, these rosters are meant for a single replay sesson, can the 49ers repeat as champions?

Can Bo Jackson carry the raiders to the superbowl, quite a few features and scenarios. Should be fun.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-23-2019, 12:33 PM   #46
MVP

OVR: 21

Teach,

Question on the 60s playbook. I watched a game with the 70 Packers vs 70 Bears today and for the firts few series the Packers came out in Shotgun formation and ran at least 8-10 plays from that formation.

I thought that was odd since I know you removed shotgun from your book. Any idea why this happens?

I did verify that your book name was loaded in my Game Options settings so both teams would use it

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 05-23-2019, 01:00 PM   #47
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
Teach,

Question on the 60s playbook. I watched a game with the 70 Packers vs 70 Bears today and for the firts few series the Packers came out in Shotgun formation and ran at least 8-10 plays from that formation.

I thought that was odd since I know you removed shotgun from your book. Any idea why this happens?

I did verify that your book name was loaded in my Game Options settings so both teams would use it

Sent from my Pixel using Operation Sports mobile app

Capa, whatís the exact process youíre using for loading custom books in play now? I tried to use custom books a week or so ago, and like you, i had a no shotgun book, yet they still came out in shotgun. Donít think the playbooks are loading the way i tried.

This is how i tried

Team select menu
Choose uni and book for each side, then move controller to the middle. I know this works with regular playbooks because the west coast book always loads.

I remember earlier in the year, i think you said your used 2 controllers, loaded custom book, kept controller on each side, then once in game, moved one controller to middle and played it out, but you said one team always has an advantage this way.

This is the main reason i committed to the west coast book. Thereís some team default playbooks that will give teams advantages with certain plays and schemes.

\

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 05-23-2019, 02:11 PM   #48
MVP

OVR: 21

Yes, I have tried both ways. I was convinced that the following way works until I saw what I saw this morning:

- set the Off and def playbooks in the Game Options screen. Both teams should use these books.

I tried setting them last year and earlier this year as you have tried in the past assigning a book to each team and then moving controller to middle. It seemed as if at least one team would revert back to its team specific book because I saw plays being called that were not even in the custom book I originally assigned.

This has always been a huge mystery to me...

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »