Home

A call out to all roster makers

This is a discussion on A call out to all roster makers within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-19-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Banned

OVR: 21
A call out to all roster makers

Hi guys,

I am hoping all you good folks who spend long hours and, in reality, weeks and months, creating classic rosters will provide feedback here.

I am so sick and tired of making and remaking classic rosters each year for Madden. I am sure people like Iteachpercussion, Playmaker, etc. are as well. There are many great guys here who spend countless hours on every little detail regarding rosters and season rosters. It is amazing to see some of these creations.

I am wondering what we can do to perhaps have some influence on EA to provide a method in next year's game for Importing rosters and/or seasons from previous year's game. This is basic database file management. There is no wizardry involved, and it is not a monumental task. In fact, if the inner workings were known, I could have a db programmer provide such a utility in under a week. In the past, they have hinted that it is "too complicated." I don't believe that for a minute, but I think it is what they are hanging their hat on.

What I am hoping for is that somehow we can do the following:

1) find who the main contact would be at EA to provide a request to

2) provide details on why we want this and even perhaps head off some obstacle questions they may throw back (too complicated, what do you do about new attributes added, etc).

3) find the correct method to put the request in so they take it seriously, and not just a one off "Wishlist" type of request

There are no technical hurdles that would prevent such an undertaking. In fact, I am sure that EA in house has some sort of utility that allows them to do the same so they do not start from scratch year to year. I am not asking for them to share that with us, but to be open to the idea of providing the mechanism inside next year's game so that we do not have to spend months recreating what we have been doing for the past few years...and in some case, for the past 20 years!

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject. I know it is a long shot, but the squeaky wheel and all that...so you never know...

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-19-2018, 11:36 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: A call out to all roster makers

I am very open to trying to make this happen.

It would be wonderful to not have to reproduce rosters I have already made year after year.

I agree with you that such a task cannot be that complicated unless there was some monumental change in ratings.

I am not sure exactly where to begin, but this is a great idea!
Old 10-20-2018, 08:14 AM   #3
MVP

Capa,

You are 100% on Target with this one.

As IT professionals we have no shortcoming regarding the ease of this undertaking and the absolute strong belief they do it internally already.

I agree with your approach BUT also suggest that if each of the main Roster Makers got together and steadfastly refused to do historical roster for ONE Year, and informed them of this action, then that is the ONLY way they would listen in earnest. PLUS a solid year off (or perhaps even two) would be a welcomed relief for many of you.

I don't do Madden Rosters but do others to a minor degree and MLB The Show to a heavy extent.

Good Luck,
Don
Old 10-20-2018, 08:21 AM   #4
Banned

Thanks guys...much appreciated.

I do know that EA shies away from anything "historical" or classic these days in regards to rosters and players due to the legal suit they lost.

My fear is if we wrap the request around having an easier time creating classic rosters/players, they will say they can't support anything that brings classic players not under contract to the game. That is just a guess on my part. I don't know for sure, but I know they got burned badly a few years ago.

However, they do provide some throwback uniforms and equipment, so maybe it is not such a big deal.

C
Old 10-22-2018, 07:28 PM   #5
Banned

I have been making rosters since 2006 pc! I would like a better more efficient way!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-22-2018, 11:06 PM   #6
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

u can go back as far as 1960 with this webstie https://www.footballdb.com/seasons/index.html
Old 10-23-2018, 08:32 AM   #7
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerwoods
u can go back as far as 1960 with this webstie https://www.footballdb.com/seasons/index.html
Yes, finding the information on old time teams is not an issue. Pro Football Reference also documents all teams to have ever played.

The issues is convincing EA to provide an import function of rosters from the previous release year into the new game.

C
Old 10-25-2018, 01:09 PM   #8
Banned

Please check out my Alltime rosters on both for Madden 19 for both Xbox 1 and ps4. I am at the halfway point for both. 16/32 complete

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »