Home

1965 Roster - PS4

This is a discussion on 1965 Roster - PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
eFootball PES 2020 Demo Arrives on July 30, Details Here
EA Access Coming to PlayStation 4 on July 24
What We Learned About the New QB Throwing Styles in Madden 20

Old 07-12-2019, 07:46 AM   #9
MVP

OVR: 21
Re: 1965 Roster - PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
WoW ! This is one of the Teams I've really been anxiously awaiting ---- However, just noticed I've been Banned from using the Online features due to an unaware signing up for a FREE membership to Playstation Network (which I never use) back in September of last year that went to AUTO Billling in Jan and finally noticed a few weeks ago when I Canceled it through my Credit Card company. Now I owe them for last months service (which again I never used) so they BANNED me until paid. Plus they had been charging me $10.43 per month since January which I unknowingly paid since then. To add insult to injury (or as I see it injustice/fraud) I had to purchase a minimum $20 Playstation Gift Card today to provide them to collect that outstanding charge as they would not accept a direct Credit Card payment. NOW - To add to all of this BS my ID will not be re-instated for at least another 24 hours. RACKET --- I THINK SO ! So here I sit not being able to download the Packers for another day .......... at the total cost of > $80 when all things are considered !!!
What a mess! Hope you are back up and running today. Nothing is easy
Old 07-12-2019, 08:09 AM   #10
MVP

OVR: 21

A few clarifications on this roster set.

Don't be too concerned with the overall team rating. The reason is, many of these teams did not have enough players to fill out a full roster with the number of players that Madden requires. Therefore, I create fake players with the last names of the seasons (Winters, Summers, etc) and Smith/Jones. I make the ratings on these players very low - overall they come out to a 12. This, in turn, has an effect on the overall rating for the team. The more fake players you have, the lower it drags down the overall rating, but if the team is strong they will play as such on the field.

I do this to ensure that these players never show up on the field during the game. Of course, I ensure that they are not in the depth chart either, but I have seen instances where if a regular player gets injured some of these guys will have to fill in. I want to avoid that obviously.

You will notice the QB ratings are pretty low. This happens because in order to replicate the completion % of how they actually performed, the Short, Medium, and Long Pass accuracy has to be lowered drastically in comparison to other roster sets. For example, Milt Plum had a 46.4% completion rate in 1965 as the starter. Many of these QBs were not throwing the ball all that often and the coverage was a lot different back then. You basically could mug the receiver during the route which kept completion % low. To add perspective, John Brodie lead the league with a 61.9% rating.

Lastly, as most of you know, the success of a team is very much predicated on what playbook is used. I use my own custom book which is heavily run oriented, as this was how the game was played back then. There is no way to replicate the NFL in the 60's in Madden today. All we can do is try to come close, but it is a different game with different rules and plays.

Again, this roster set and my 1970 set are NOT made for franchise play. Strictly Play Now exhibition. Using them with this in mind will enhance your enjoyment.

C
Old 07-12-2019, 01:54 PM   #11
Rookie

flatscan's Arena

OVR: 0

ok, thank you for replying.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »