Home

Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

This is a discussion on Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
The Best Sports Game of 2019: MLB The Show 19
The Best Franchise Mode of 2019: NBA 2K20's MyLeague
Worst Trend in Sports Games in 2019: Single-Player Modes Getting Shafted
Does the XFL interest you at all? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 08-01-2019, 09:58 PM   #49
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20: Classic Rosters, .... Is it worth it ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
Ok so then if possible can I request custom play books for 3-4, 43, base books basically books strictly for 80s, 90s and early to mid 2000s?
I will have playbooks for the 1988 season for sure. Those will certainly work for 80s and 90s for sure.

I plan to make, at a minimum for that roster, the following:
Offense:
80s balanced style: multiple formations, lots of variety, geared toward running between 47-52 percent of the time. Shotgun formations for passing situations and occasionally on first down.

80s Run heavy: Mostly two back formations with lots of runs and play action. Very little shotgun formation stuff except in certain situations. Running between 50-55 percent of the time.

80s Pass heavy: think Miami Dolphins. Still a lot of two back sets but with a fair amount of shotgun plays. Pass about 50-60 percent of the time.

80s West Coast: Lots of two back formations with lots of short passes, slants, etc. Old School 49ers

Air Coryell: Fairly pass heavy playbook, more TE seam patterns. This playbook could get cut depending on how he pass heavy one goes.

Singleback: Mostly singleback sets with 2TEs. Think Redskins under Joe Gibbs.

Defense:
Base 3-4: Lots of front adjustments, limited blitzes, no lineman falling back into coverage.

Attack 3-4: More blitz heavy style 3-4. The occasional zone blitz(lineman in coverage) Think Giants,

Base 4-3: Limited blitzes, multiple front options. Cowboys under Landry

Attack 4-3: More blitzes, and may have a 46 package available. Think Bears and Eagles

Those should provide enough variety to make teams feel unique.
Old 08-01-2019, 10:06 PM   #50
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
I will have playbooks for the 1988 season for sure. Those will certainly work for 80s and 90s for sure.

I plan to make, at a minimum for that roster, the following:
Offense:
80s balanced style: multiple formations, lots of variety, geared toward running between 47-52 percent of the time. Shotgun formations for passing situations and occasionally on first down.

80s Run heavy: Mostly two back formations with lots of runs and play action. Very little shotgun formation stuff except in certain situations. Running between 50-55 percent of the time.

80s Pass heavy: think Miami Dolphins. Still a lot of two back sets but with a fair amount of shotgun plays. Pass about 50-60 percent of the time.

80s West Coast: Lots of two back formations with lots of short passes, slants, etc. Old School 49ers

Air Coryell: Fairly pass heavy playbook, more TE seam patterns. This playbook could get cut depending on how he pass heavy one goes.

Singleback: Mostly singleback sets with 2TEs. Think Redskins under Joe Gibbs.

Defense:
Base 3-4: Lots of front adjustments, limited blitzes, no lineman falling back into coverage.

Attack 3-4: More blitz heavy style 3-4. The occasional zone blitz(lineman in coverage) Think Giants,

Base 4-3: Limited blitzes, multiple front options. Cowboys under Landry

Attack 4-3: More blitzes, and may have a 46 package available. Think Bears and Eagles

Those should provide enough variety to make teams feel unique.
This is exactly what I was looking for and as the rosters drop by year we can then apply them to teams! Now this right here has me fully excited and ready. I will begin 89 first to follow ur 88. Officially tommrow. And will post progress. It has begun!
Old 08-08-2019, 02:46 AM   #51
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
This is exactly what I was looking for and as the rosters drop by year we can then apply them to teams! Now this right here has me fully excited and ready. I will begin 89 first to follow ur 88. Officially tommrow. And will post progress. It has begun!

It might be best to wait for Iteach to finish the 1988 roster and then you utilize that to make the offseason changes for “89” as you wouldn’t be re-doing the entire NFL rosters, just the transactions that followed in 89. He is elite at roster creation as well so the base roster would be really good to build from. I’ve been downloading his rosters for I believe 4 years now. Madden 18 having the best one for me (2002).

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-08-2019, 10:53 PM   #52
Rookie

How are play sets + formations in Madden 20.
Is it true that Split-Back Formations were added to Madden 19, via patch ?
I kinda wanna get Madden 20, but fear I will hate the game in less than one week, lol.

Thanks guys, for sharing your thoughts.
Old 08-10-2019, 06:20 PM   #53
Rookie

Wish you were making these playbooks for the PC. I whipped together one last night for classic play using shotgun only on 3rd down and 2 min mode with a higher run % then the other playbooks I've found but it could use some tweaking.

Does anyone know what the most realistic playbook for run/pass % would be from the default ones? Most I've seen pass a ton. Unfortunately I can't set the playbook for both teams in franchise.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »