Home

M20 1988 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1988 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-13-2019, 11:10 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M20 1988 Roster PS4

Quick roster update so you know where I am.

I am currently working on the NFC Central: Bears, Buccs, Lions, Packers, and Vikings.

I have the players renamed and correct numbers for those teams. My hope is to have this division done by the end of the weekend.

After this week my progress will slow a bit. Schools starts next Tuesday so I lose my daytime editing. As normal in the fall I have my regular teaching job (including home time for grading and planning, coaching little league football 3 evenings a week, helping with the HS football team 2 evenings a week plus Friday nights, and then little league games on Sundays. And to top everything off, spend time with the family.
So after I get this division done, please be patient. You all know I will work on the roster every chance I get and the roster will be finished. The good news is the roster should still be done earlier than normal since I got such a good head start and I am no worry about Free agents and expansion teams.

Again, please let me know how the roster is playing for you. Also, please check out the playbooks I created and throw some feedback my way.
Old 08-15-2019, 12:07 PM   #34
MVP

Three new Defensive Playbooks are now uploaded.

80S43BASE: Normal 4-3 style defense. Not much blitzing. Will be for Cowboys, Cardinals, and Redskins
80S43BLITZ: Similar to the other 4-3, but blitz heavy, geared toward generating pressure. Use for Bears and Vikings
80S34BLITZ: 3-4 defense with lots of blitzes. Use with Rams, and Giants, and Bills, Lions, and Oilers

These are still works in progress.
Give them a try and let me know. Especially allowing the CPU to call the plays. That is the big thing I care about at this point.

I am still on schedule to get the NFC Central done by the end of the weekend. I am finished with the Bears and Vikings and hope to finish the Buccaneers today.
Old 08-16-2019, 03:43 PM   #35
Rookie

AirCoryell's Arena

Love your rosters! Thank you!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-16-2019, 04:21 PM   #36
MVP

I am still hoping to get the NFC Central done this weekend, but it might get delayed a day. I am going to be busier tomorrow than I thought so I will have less time to work on the roster.

I finished the Buccaneers last night, so I only need to do the Packers and Lions to get the division done. I just wanted to give everyone a head's up on the possible delay.
Old 08-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #37
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AirCoryell
Love your rosters! Thank you!
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Let me know how the roster is playing for you with the current teams done.
Old 08-17-2019, 12:24 PM   #38
MVP

I read where in Madden 20 for Play Now CPU vs CPU games:

1) The game can not be saved (via Close Application after pausing game) to be continued later when using Classic Rosters?

2) The Pre-Snap Player Names can not be displayed?

Both of these functions exist in Madden 19.

Can anyone verify these differences in Madden 19 vs Madden 20 ?

Thanks,
Don

*** I think # 1 above is just a bug which may well be patched later BUT # 2 I believe is by design.

Last edited by doncropper; 08-17-2019 at 07:02 PM.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:43 AM   #39
MVP

The roster has been updated!

The NFC Central: Bears, Buccaneers, Lions, Packers, and Vikings are now complete

The Bears have a very tough defense. The 88 Bears were very good and expected to go to the Super Bowl by many. The Vikings were also good in 88 and were considered to be one of the best overall teams of the year.

The rest of the division struggled to win games.

Please give me some feedback on the newly added teams.
Old 08-18-2019, 10:46 AM   #40
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by doncropper
I read where in Madden 20 for Play Now CPU vs CPU games:

1) The game can not be saved (via Close Application after pausing game) to be continued later when using Classic Rosters?

2) The Pre-Snap Player Names can not be displayed?

Both of these functions exist in Madden 19.

Can anyone verify these differences in Madden 19 vs Madden 20 ?

Thanks,
Don

*** I think # 1 above is just a bug which may well be patched later BUT # 2 I believe is by design.
I am sorry, I cannot answer your questions. I have never tried to play a saved game in that manner in any Madden, though I know it has been possible.

As far as names, to be honest I have never paid attention to names appearing pre-snap. The next time I play a CPU/CPU game I will try to check it out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »