Home

M20 1991 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1991 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-02-2020, 10:57 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M20 1991 Roster PS4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sra9888
To build off of these in franchise mode, is there any recommendation to how to rate our draft classes? Any curve to work off of?
Most positions should be fine. QBs are a little lower rated than EA's standard, I would drop all of the Accuracy ratings so that the highest is 90, but most are lower. TEs, lower their Route Running, especially deep route running. Keep it below 40 except for the rarity.

Most other positions, I think, will be ok.

The only other thing is looking at traits, I have only a few guys with the Hard Hitting trait.

I will be honest, I am not sure what the default draft classes really look like, I have not done much at all with them.

I hope that helps at least a little.
Old 04-05-2020, 09:42 PM   #98
Pro

Teach, one thing I noticed while editing a fictional roster was that stats come out much more realistic for players using super SIM if I do not use established stars as their base. For example, with QBs if I use back up level guys and then boost them up to where i want them i got much better stats. Where as when I used Wilson as a base, even with much lower ratings, he performed over those ratings. Especially in year 1. Even though my ratings and the stretch matched Maddens base I only had 1 QB surpass 40 TDs at 41. Not a single QB finished above 69%. I noticed this as well with pass rushers. Again, i super simmed every game and turned x factors off. Have you noticed anything like this in your testing?
Old 04-06-2020, 12:13 PM   #99
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Teach, one thing I noticed while editing a fictional roster was that stats come out much more realistic for players using super SIM if I do not use established stars as their base. For example, with QBs if I use back up level guys and then boost them up to where i want them i got much better stats. Where as when I used Wilson as a base, even with much lower ratings, he performed over those ratings. Especially in year 1. Even though my ratings and the stretch matched Maddens base I only had 1 QB surpass 40 TDs at 41. Not a single QB finished above 69%. I noticed this as well with pass rushers. Again, i super simmed every game and turned x factors off. Have you noticed anything like this in your testing?
I cannot say I have entirely seen that. By the time I get into CFM, I can not really tell who players were that I edited. I use only the generic faces so I can't remember who they were before I edited them, if that makes sense.

I turn-off all XFactor abilities, and actually only use the superstar star and normal development traits and assign them individually inside CFM. Usually, only a couple of superstars per team.
Overall, when using supersim I have noticed better than weekly sim stats but that is about it. I have found the best results by playing each game or using slow supersim.

I have played through the entire 1st week of the 1991 season and a couple of games in week 2. The results have been really solid. Good variance in games and stats. For example, Troy Aikman, in week 1, completed 70% of his passes. However, against the Redskins in week 2, he was below 50%! That was great to see because it demonstrates that DB ratings actually matter.
Old 05-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #100
Pro

Interesting find by JoshC in his sliders forum. This game plays much more like real football after you purge CFM of EA created players via a 10 year+ sim and at default XP sliders. Players are rated much lower and tend to have more defined strenths and weakness and that makes matchups matter. Through super sim I'm getting a variety of games. 37-31 OT. 9-7. QB stats are varied as well. Have had games where guys complete around 50% of their passes and then games around 70. Scoring is more in line with what we'd find in an older era. I've super simmed 48 games and the average is 21.4 ppg. Which is around what you would find in the mid 90s. The only thing I've noticed is backs suffer due to the lower ratings. If they're under the low 70s ans don't have any abilities they're completely ineffective. I just think it's interesting for us who like to attempt to play classic seasons in a CFM. Could be a venue for us to explore in roster creation. Granted it is not a file that could be created for download, but templates could be made for people to use in their CFM. Probably not the most appealing thing for people, but i just found the idea interesting and wanted to pass on the info for people to discuss, ignore, or whatever.

Last edited by Steelers4190; 05-19-2020 at 06:35 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:10 PM   #101
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
Interesting find by JoshC in his sliders forum. This game plays much more like real football after you purge CFM of EA created players via a 10 year+ sim and at default XP sliders. Players are rated much lower and tend to have more defined strenths and weakness and that makes matchups matter. Through super sim I'm getting a variety of games. 37-31 OT. 9-7. QB stats are varied as well. Have had games where guys complete around 50% of their passes and then games around 70. Scoring is more in line with what we'd find in an older era. I've super simmed 48 games and the average is 21.4 ppg. Which is around what you would find in the mid 90s. The only thing I've noticed is backs suffer due to the lower ratings. If they're under the low 70s ans don't have any abilities they're completely ineffective. I just think it's interesting for us who like to attempt to play classic seasons in a CFM. Could be a venue for us to explore in roster creation. Granted it is not a file that could be created for download, but templates could be made for people to use in their CFM. Probably not the most appealing thing for people, but i just found the idea interesting and wanted to pass on the info for people to discuss, ignore, or whatever.
It really makes sense because the draft classes are more balanced (for lack of a better term) than the default roster. So, if you get past all of the current players, you do not have everyone with higher ratings.

I have thought about doing exactly what you are suggesting. Simming 10-20 years and then creating a roster inside franchise mode. From a personal standpoint, the whole process would be pretty easy. You get full editing inside the mode so that process could go fairly quickly.

However, as you pointed out, that means the roster cannot be shared with everyone else. You are correct that an excel file or something could be shared on here, but how many people want to take the time to do all of that editing? I mean, there are only a couple of us who take the time to make rosters now. If we stop and make our rosters in franchise mode, that will be the end of classic rosters.

With this roster (1991) I have been getting pretty good results in every game I play. Varied scores, good stats, etc. When I Super Sim and game on slow, I also get pretty much the same results. Super Sim fast yields decent, but not as good results. Simming an entire week at once is where things start to fall apart. I am not sure how simming a week at a time works with rosters 10 years in, and I would be interested to see that. Might even try it this evening just for fun.

Now, one thing to consider... If I go through the process of simming way ahead and looking at ratings and stats and all of that, and determine that there is some way to get better stats, I would certainly incorporate that into my rosters and it should give the same type of results.

The single biggest issue I have with stats in franchise mode is QBs. The sim engine just simply keeps the completion percentage too high, and the interceptions too low. I have tried all kinds of things with ratings to keep that from happening, but I cannot lower the ratings low enough to get the proper results. The only other area of major concern is the lack of fumbles by running backs.

Anyway, I think it is an interesting conversation to have. If you have any stats or anything you find, please share.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 05-19-2020, 07:23 PM   #102
MVP

OVR: 6

For fumbles, drop the rbs carry rating. Make 70 the new 99. With classic rosters, i dink 2 points for each fumble on a player. If a play had 3 fumbles, that’s 6 points. So he’d get 64 carry. I also play with fumble slider at 35. I see 2-3 fumbles a game. Usually half are recovered by the defense and half by offense. When it rains or snows, they fumble more.

For ints, raise the int gameplay slider. Somewhere in the 60s to the 70s should get you real picks. It did with your 88 set i played with back in October.

It took a while for me to figure out the fumble/int problem, but ive seen it consistent with real averages, using these ratings. Also make sure most of the qbs have the balanced force passes trait.

Ill fire up the 1995 file and see what other setting i was using in the sliders.

Also, the qb acc and int sliders. Qb acc does control accuarcy to some degree, but it’s more of an awareness boost which the qb needs. The INT slider is like defensive awareness. They go hand in hand and need to be close. So if you use 65 qb acc, try 65 int.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
It really makes sense because the draft classes are more balanced (for lack of a better term) than the default roster. So, if you get past all of the current players, you do not have everyone with higher ratings.

I have thought about doing exactly what you are suggesting. Simming 10-20 years and then creating a roster inside franchise mode. From a personal standpoint, the whole process would be pretty easy. You get full editing inside the mode so that process could go fairly quickly.

However, as you pointed out, that means the roster cannot be shared with everyone else. You are correct that an excel file or something could be shared on here, but how many people want to take the time to do all of that editing? I mean, there are only a couple of us who take the time to make rosters now. If we stop and make our rosters in franchise mode, that will be the end of classic rosters.

With this roster (1991) I have been getting pretty good results in every game I play. Varied scores, good stats, etc. When I Super Sim and game on slow, I also get pretty much the same results. Super Sim fast yields decent, but not as good results. Simming an entire week at once is where things start to fall apart. I am not sure how simming a week at a time works with rosters 10 years in, and I would be interested to see that. Might even try it this evening just for fun.

Now, one thing to consider... If I go through the process of simming way ahead and looking at ratings and stats and all of that, and determine that there is some way to get better stats, I would certainly incorporate that into my rosters and it should give the same type of results.

The single biggest issue I have with stats in franchise mode is QBs. The sim engine just simply keeps the completion percentage too high, and the interceptions too low. I have tried all kinds of things with ratings to keep that from happening, but I cannot lower the ratings low enough to get the proper results. The only other area of major concern is the lack of fumbles by running backs.

Anyway, I think it is an interesting conversation to have. If you have any stats or anything you find, please share.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-19-2020 at 07:25 PM.
Old 05-19-2020, 07:27 PM   #103
Pro

I will say that I did lower the qb xp bar to TDawgs 95. That way QB stretch was more in line with base and did not create "more" higher rated guys fornthe new base. I'll do more super simming tonight and try to get some stats up
Old 05-19-2020, 07:39 PM   #104
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
For fumbles, drop the rbs carry rating. Make 70 the new 99. With classic rosters, i dink 2 points for each fumble on a player. If a play had 3 fumbles, that’s 6 points. So he’d get 64 carry. I also play with fumble slider at 35. I see 2-3 fumbles a game. Usually half are recovered by the defense and half by offense. When it rains or snows, they fumble more.

For ints, raise the int gameplay slider. Somewhere in the 60s to the 70s should get you real picks. It did with your 88 set i played with back in October.

It took a while for me to figure out the fumble/int problem, but ive seen it consistent with real averages, using these ratings. Also make sure most of the qbs have the balanced force passes trait.

Ill fire up the 1995 file and see what other setting i was using in the sliders.

Also, the qb acc and int sliders. Qb acc does control accuarcy to some degree, but it’s more of an awareness boost which the qb needs. The INT slider is like defensive awareness. They go hand in hand and need to be close. So if you use 65 qb acc, try 65 int.
I don't have problems so much in games I play or watch, but if I sim an entire week.
When I play game I use a low QB Acc slider and normal have a couple of INTS per game, sometimes more. For instance, I played a game last night and Rodney Peete threw 4 picks.

As for fumbles, yeah, I could certainly lower their carry a bit more to help in game as well. With where I set it now I usually get 1 game.

I would really like to be able to quickly sim games I don't want to play, but it messes up the stats.

Overall, in terms of playing games and watching games, I cannot complain much at all. I get great stats, good gameplay, lots of variety.

My sliders are not for everyone, but they work for me. LOL I use mostly default, but lower QB acc to 10. Yes, 10! Believe it or not, QBs still throw down the field. There are some times when a pass if way off target. But that happens in real life too. It can be because the receiver and QB were not on the same page and that is what it looks like in the game. I also increase coverage to 60 for most of my classic rosters just to help tighten up coverage. As a result, my passing stats are darn near perfect for the rosters. Now that would not be good for modern rosters, but when you are talking mid-90s and earlier, it is spot on. I still get games where a QB will complete near 70%. Troy Aikman carved me up in one game and did hit 70%. Then the next week he was under 50%.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »