Home

M20 1991 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1991 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-19-2020, 10:14 AM   #25
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: M20 1991 Roster PS4

Thanks for the get well wishes! I feel pretty decent today except for head congestion and junk like that. I was able to get some editing done yesterday and I have the AFC West finished now. I will start on the NFC West today.

I also played the Super Bowl from the 91 season, Bills (CPU) vs Redskins (ME). It was a great game. The Bills took an early lead with a Thurman Thomas 54 yard TD run. I struggled on the ground early and kept kicking field goals. Thomas hit me again for another big run and the Bills held a 14-9 lead going into the half.
I got the ball to start the 3rd and hit Gary Clark for a 76 yard TD off of play action to take the lead. I was able to hold the lead and ended up winning 26-21. I was quite happy with how the game played out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-20-2020, 05:18 PM   #26
MVP

I have made a lot of progress the last two days. I have all but the Rams done for the NFC West. I will probably not get to them until Wednesday.

I have a few ratings edits I want to go back and do as well, but it looks like this roster will be finished and ready to go for Play Now before the start of next weekend!

At this time, I have no plans to edit the expansion teams or free agents.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:14 PM   #27
MVP

Quick update:

I am on schedule to most likely post the roster tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

I finished the NFC West just a bit ago, so all 28 teams are done. I started going back to make some ratings adjustments on some positions and players. I should be able to put the finishing touches on those adjustments tomorrow evening and then post the roster.

Once I have that done, my next project is to create a couple of new playbooks. I will create a Singleback with 3 WR playbook. I currently have one based on 2 TE sets, but the Bills started using 3 WR sets primarily, in 1991.
I will also create another RunNShoot playbook to use with the Lions and Falcons. Unlike the Oilers who did not have a TE on the roster, those teams did have TEs and used them as extra blockers from time to time. So, I need to create a playbook to reflect that.

I also plan on adjusting or adding a new Run Heavy playbook that has a handful of shotgun formations in it. While in 1988 the Steelers never used the shotgun, by 1991, everyone was utilizing it to some degree.

So that is the plan of attack at this point.
Old 01-22-2020, 10:22 PM   #28
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iteachpercussion
Quick update:

I am on schedule to most likely post the roster tomorrow (Thursday) evening.

I finished the NFC West just a bit ago, so all 28 teams are done. I started going back to make some ratings adjustments on some positions and players. I should be able to put the finishing touches on those adjustments tomorrow evening and then post the roster.

Once I have that done, my next project is to create a couple of new playbooks. I will create a Singleback with 3 WR playbook. I currently have one based on 2 TE sets, but the Bills started using 3 WR sets primarily, in 1991.
I will also create another RunNShoot playbook to use with the Lions and Falcons. Unlike the Oilers who did not have a TE on the roster, those teams did have TEs and used them as extra blockers from time to time. So, I need to create a playbook to reflect that.

I also plan on adjusting or adding a new Run Heavy playbook that has a handful of shotgun formations in it. While in 1988 the Steelers never used the shotgun, by 1991, everyone was utilizing it to some degree.

So that is the plan of attack at this point.
Out of curiosity, how do you know so much about what sets offenses ran from these seasons back then? Is this on memory? Is it documented online? ALways been curious about this. I'm an old school NFL fan and i cant begin to tell you what offense my home town team 30 years ago ran let alone the entire league
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!
Old 01-23-2020, 06:41 AM   #29
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Culture Rot
Out of curiosity, how do you know so much about what sets offenses ran from these seasons back then? Is this on memory? Is it documented online? ALways been curious about this. I'm an old school NFL fan and i cant begin to tell you what offense my home town team 30 years ago ran let alone the entire league
Some of the info is documented, it least scheme (West Coast, Air Coryell, power run, etc) on profootballreference.com. Also, when you look at the rosters and see who the starters were, you can see how many games players started. So, if they had 3 WRs who all started 16 games, that tells you they generally ran 3WR sets as the mainstay of the offense. Same for if they had 2 TEs who started for 16 games, they ran singleback 2 te formations primarily.

Some of it is also just memory. I would say I have always been more than a little obsessed with studying football. Now, I also cannot remember every team from every year. So, I watch a lot of old games. That is honestly my favorite part of YouTube. There are a ton of games from any given year in the 80s and 90s. I watch old games quite a bit, and when I am working on a roster I watch a lot of games from that season. Then, when I am editing a particular team, I usually have watch a game of that team while I am editing. That is more just for inspiration, but I often catch little things about certain players. Maybe the commentators mention something about a player's speed; I can then make sure that I include that in making the player. This is really helpful for non-starters and non-big names.

You can also actually find a few old playbooks from different coaches online. That helps as well of course.
I also feel I have a pretty good working knowledge of offensive systems and coaching trees. Working on all of the rosters I have done over the years, I have studied a lot of football which makes it easier.

Hope that helps explain it a little bit.
Old 01-23-2020, 06:26 PM   #30
MVP

I just uploaded the complete 28 team roster!

Let me know if you find any issues on the roster.

I will be working on the additional playbooks. Should not take me too long on those.
Old 01-24-2020, 09:46 AM   #31
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
I just uploaded the complete 28 team roster!

Let me know if you find any issues on the roster.

I will be working on the additional playbooks. Should not take me too long on those.
Appreciate it your hard work bro, ty for releasing it, looks great to. I see you have the 90s 3 wr set, and I know you said you'd work on more pbs, I'm just wondering though since where in play now, would it be ok to use that as a base pb, for all teams on offense? On defense I could look up teams defense.

It's hard for me to decipher the offense. But they usually will have the defense ran per team.

I guess a base for all teams as a 90 set is what I'm asking for.

Last edited by StormsWarning; 01-24-2020 at 09:52 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-24-2020, 10:29 AM   #32
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Some of the info is documented, it least scheme (West Coast, Air Coryell, power run, etc) on profootballreference.com. Also, when you look at the rosters and see who the starters were, you can see how many games players started. So, if they had 3 WRs who all started 16 games, that tells you they generally ran 3WR sets as the mainstay of the offense. Same for if they had 2 TEs who started for 16 games, they ran singleback 2 te formations primarily.

Some of it is also just memory. I would say I have always been more than a little obsessed with studying football. Now, I also cannot remember every team from every year. So, I watch a lot of old games. That is honestly my favorite part of YouTube. There are a ton of games from any given year in the 80s and 90s. I watch old games quite a bit, and when I am working on a roster I watch a lot of games from that season. Then, when I am editing a particular team, I usually have watch a game of that team while I am editing. That is more just for inspiration, but I often catch little things about certain players. Maybe the commentators mention something about a player's speed; I can then make sure that I include that in making the player. This is really helpful for non-starters and non-big names.

You can also actually find a few old playbooks from different coaches online. That helps as well of course.
I also feel I have a pretty good working knowledge of offensive systems and coaching trees. Working on all of the rosters I have done over the years, I have studied a lot of football which makes it easier.

Hope that helps explain it a little bit.
Amazing. Please keep including as much info as possible maybe in the thread of each roster post you do, so that this info you know doesn't get lost to history.
I am building a website that will host classic sport gaming rosters from years past. We have lost many great rosters for good over the past several years due to expired links. If your interested in contributing, please PM me and let the work live on forever!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »