Home

PS4 - Associated Fictional Draft Classes (Madden 20)

This is a discussion on PS4 - Associated Fictional Draft Classes (Madden 20) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2020, 10:17 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
PS4 - Associated Fictional Draft Classes (Madden 20)

THE TIME HAS FINALLY COME!!! ARTIFICIAL DRAFT CLASSES FOR PS4 ARE HERE!!!

If you've happened to stumble upon THIS AWESOME THREAD by CWSapp757, then you've seen the glory of the artificial draft classes he's created, but have at no doubt realized it's only been produced for XBox.

Thus, I reached out to Sapp, procured the source data, and begun recreating this for PS4. I've so far finished the first class, and started the second. With the communities interest and support, I'll continue on.

Before getting into the specifics of the classes, it's important to note what these classes are and are not when compared to the XBox alternative.

1. These classes ARE recreations of Sapp's originals. They contain the same players, same OVR ratings, and same DEV traits as what's contained in the XBox classes. The only difference is the player pool with the auto-generated players used as overflow, which are all undrafted prospects tuned down to a range from 40-50 ovr.

2. These classes ARE NOT carbon copies of Sapp's classes. The only difference in the players you'll find is their individual stats and archetypes. Where available, I've used any notes provided in the scouting reports to assist in determining what a players archetype should be. When applicable, the scouting report will be predictive of a particular player's archetype.

With that said, here's a few extra notes to give you idea of what to expect from these classes:

- Prior to the release of each draft class, I will upload a detailed PDF scouting report and Excel package. The scouting reports are 200+ pages and Excel sheets are 12+ tabs of data and information you can sort through to find that diamond in the rough.

- Each class is a continuation from the previous class. While reviewing the scouting reports, if you see a freshman that interests you on the stat sheet or winning an award in Year 3, you know that he will be available in either Draft Class 5 or Draft Class 6.

- One of the big things that the generated classes do is allow for busts to be drafted in the earlier rounds. For those that don’t follow the NFL closely, first round draft busts are common. After doing a study of the last ten years, I discovered that first round picks are busts approximately 31% of the time, average/ok approximately 25% of the time and a “homerun” the remaining 44% of the time. The 20 classes that I plan to complete will reflect that. Not each draft, but collectively. You may have one draft where the projected top ten are almost all great picks and another draft where they are majority busts or average.

- I also did some studies on each position and how frequently they are considered busts. Those will be applied as well within the classes and can be seen in the scouting reports.

- The generated draft classes are not very good for giving you a variety of different heights, weights and playstyles for different positions. For example, I rarely saw linebackers in the 220 – 229 range although there are players in the league at that size. I made sure to add variety in that area as well. Within each position, you'll also see players of each archetype available.

Below you can find the detailed spreadsheets, scouting reports, file names and all that. I'll continue to add to this as the classes are completed. Let me know if you've got any questions. Lastly, huge shoutout to CWSapp757 for initially creating all this data, and sharing it so we can all enjoy.

Let me know what you guys think! Enjoy!

Draft Class 1

Year 1 Spreadsheet: DOWNLOAD HERE

PDF Scouting Report: DOWNLOAD HERE

Draft Class 1 Gamertag: VT-Sandman

Draft Class 1 File Name: AFDCCLASS01

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Class 2

Year 2 Spreadsheet: DOWNLOAD HERE

PDF Scouting Report:DOWNLOAD HERE

Draft Class 2 Gamertag: VT-Sandman

Draft Class 2 File Name: AFDCCLASS02

Draft Class 2 Alternate File: AFDCCLASS02ALT

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Draft Class 3

Year 3 Spreadsheet: DOWNLOAD HERE

Draft Class 3 Gamertag: VT-Sandman

Draft Class 3 File Name: AFDCCLASS03

Draft Class 3 Alternate File: AFDCCLASS03ALT

Draft Class 4

Year 4 Spreadsheet: DOWNLOAD HERE

Draft Class 4 Gamertag: VT-Sandman

Draft Class 4 File Name: AFDCCLASS04

Draft Class 4 Alternate File: AFDCCLASS04ALT

Last edited by willalt319; 03-30-2020 at 12:33 AM. Reason: Added Class #4 Spreasheet
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-25-2020, 12:48 PM   #2
N.W.O. - NO WR OPEN

Checmate101's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: PS4 - Associated Fictional Draft Classes (Madden 20)

Hey, Man Thanks a lot doing this..Can't wait to get home and try these out..
Uconn Huskies
Miami Hurricanes
Old 02-25-2020, 01:22 PM   #3
Rookie

pixelfunk's Arena

LOVE this. Thanks so much for all your work to transfer it over to PS4, and thanks to CWSapp757 for originating this stuff. Looks amazing.
Old 02-25-2020, 04:26 PM   #4
SimWorld Draft Class Guru

CWSapp757's Arena

OVR: 24

Y'all better show my man some love in this thread. I've had at least five people attack these classes and he's the only one that finished even one class. He's got my respect lol

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 02-25-2020, 07:00 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWSapp757
Y'all better show my man some love in this thread. I've had at least five people attack these classes and he's the only one that finished even one class. He's got my respect lol

Sent from my LM-G710 using Operation Sports mobile app
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2020, 11:56 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4

Sweet!! Looking forward to using them. Thanks!!
Old 02-27-2020, 09:10 AM   #7
MVP

Teleo's Arena

Thank you - Thank you - Thank you for these!
Old 02-27-2020, 04:06 PM   #8
Rookie

Shamhat1915's Arena

OVR: 5

This is amazing! I've been wishing and hoping for someone to attempt to take this on. Here's hoping you continue with it and are able to do the draft classes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »