Home

M20 1992 Roster PS4

This is a discussion on M20 1992 Roster PS4 within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-19-2020, 07:19 PM   #1
MVP

OVR: 0
M20 1992 Roster PS4

I have decided to forge ahead with creating a 1992 roster. I was not originally sure if I wanted to take on another roster project, but I have decided to go ahead and do it.

I will be sticking with M20 at least until the PS5 comes out, if not longer. I have heard nothing in the news about M21 that makes me think it is enough of an upgrade to make the switch in August.

I will largely be using my normal formulas for ratings with a bit of an exception. For players that I can get combine numbers from (40 time, bench press, etc) I will use those to get SPD, AGI, and STR ratings. I have developed some charts for the purpose and I am happy with the results so far. What is actually pretty nice is that I can see that normally I am pretty close with those ratings for most players when I create rosters anyway.

I do not have a timetable for the roster, I will work on it as I can while also playing some games from other seasons I have. So, please be patient.

As always, I will keep everyone updated on where I am on the roster here in this thread. Feel free to ask questions, discuss the actual 1992 season, etc.

The expansion teams are loosely based on WLAF football teams from 1992. Free Agents are lowered to below 70 at each position.

File information:

File Name: 1992
PSN: Iteachhistory78

Teams Complete:
AFC East: Buffalo Bills, Miami Dolphins, Indianapolis Colts, New York Jets, New England Patriots
AFC Central: Pittsburgh Steelers, Houston Oilers, Cleveland Browns, Cincinnati Bengals
AFC West: San Diego Chargers, Kansas City Chiefs, Denver Broncos, Los Angeles Raiders, Seattle Seahawks
NFC East: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New York Giants, Phoenix Cardinals
NFC Central: Minnesota Vikings, Green Bay Packers, Chicago Bears, Detroit Lions, Tampa Bay Buccaneers
NFC West: San Francisco 49ers, New Orleans Saints, Atlanta Falcons, Los Angeles Rams

Last edited by Iteachpercussion; 11-28-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: update on roster
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-19-2020, 08:13 PM   #2
MVP

Re: M20 1992 Roster PS4

GREAT Season ....... ! My New Orleans Saints had to deal with those 49ers !
Old 07-19-2020, 10:43 PM   #3
Rookie

Very happy and excited for the new roster. Thank you in advance!
Old 07-19-2020, 11:15 PM   #4
MVP

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Very excited for your roster, recently I have found out about you removing the xfactors in the rosters, I've been trying to line up play books for the 90s era like you did for the 80s era.

I had no idea removing those xfactors would make the game play like it has, I really enjoy those abilities not on, I am also loving Play Now Mode opposed to Franchise/cfm.

Tommy was 100% right this game for classic mode isn't compatible at all, for this generation sure not your sox off, but for the oldschool classics play now is 100% the way to go.

Thank you for doing this roster 1992 was a serious nfl season there were several teams that could have one the title. You and Soundwave have pulled a shock of the world with these 2 rosters, really appreciate you guys creating these, they will be masterpieces and must have imo.

Everyone stay safe.
Old 07-20-2020, 04:31 PM   #5
MVP

I finished the AFC East this morning. I am moving onto the AFC Central today.

The Steelers won the division that year with an 11-5 record. Bill Cowher came in and made an immediate impact on the Steelers who had fallen throughout the late 80s. The Steelers defense was surging again and the foundation for a strong team for years to come, was in the making.

The Oilers were using the full Run-N-Shoot offense and had a punishing defense. Moon was not statistically as strong in 1992 and missed 6 games. While the Oilers' record of 10-6 looked good, they struggle in more games than they should have and were not quite as strong as their record indicates.

The Browns, under 2nd year head coach Bill Belichick. Belichick was trying to fix the team after a disastrous time under Bud Carson. So much of the old talent was gone. Slaughter, Brennan, and Langhorne were all gone and replaced by young unproven receivers. The offensive line was, well, not good. The bright spot was the defense.

The Bengals were guided by Dave Shula, another young coach. The Bengals were trying to hold onto past talent like Boomer, Rodney Holman, and Krumrie. But the rest of the team simply lacked the talent to compete consistently.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-20-2020, 06:46 PM   #6
Rookie

Really looking forward to this. Epic NFC Championship Game that year!

Thanks for your great historic rosters!
Old 07-20-2020, 07:14 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 6

Gonna be giving this a go later tonight. Any playbook suggestions from those default 80s books?

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 07-20-2020, 07:23 PM   #8
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Gonna be giving this a go later tonight. Any playbook suggestions from those default 80s books?
Sorry to disappoint, but nothing is uploaded yet. I can try to upload later this evening, but again, you will just have the AFC East teams so far.

As for playbooks, the Colts and Bills can use the SNGBK3WR playbook, it has worked pretty well as I have tested. The Patriots should use the RUNHVY2 playbook and the Jets the 80BAL book.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »