Home

What are some egregious mistakes for Dev Traits in the Base Roster?

This is a discussion on What are some egregious mistakes for Dev Traits in the Base Roster? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2020, 04:08 AM   #1
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

OVR: 1
What are some egregious mistakes for Dev Traits in the Base Roster?

I'd like to create a running list of these since whenever we start a new Franchise we'll have to spend time editing them. I noticed in my first sweep during the 10 hour trial that there were quite a few I'd change. I have a ton of experience with making rosters so I'm familiar with all teams but I know that sometimes promising players slip under even the most diligent fan's radar.

So I'm looking for players who are no longer good enough to have the Dev Trait they do have and players who should have a better Dev Trait to start with.

For example, for my Bears:

Akiem Hicks has the Star Dev Trait when I'd say he undoubtedly should be at least a Superstar Dev Trait

Eddie Jackson should also have a Superstar X-Factor, in my opinion.

I'd also argue that Alvin Kamara and Chris Godwin should have the Superstar X-Factor Dev Trait but EA has given them Superstar instead.
NCAAF: NORTHWESTERN WILDCATS
@michaelsbodam | PSN: BodamEscapePlan
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-27-2020, 10:18 AM   #2
Rookie

TomSellecksMustache's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: What are some egregious mistakes for Dev Traits in the Base Roster?

AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons should both be Superstar IMO
Old 08-27-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 0

Our lord and savior and former President Joseph Lee Burrow should be a Superstar X Factor.

Last edited by Jay Cee; 08-28-2020 at 10:17 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 05:08 PM   #4
Nothing to see here folks

oneamongthefence's Arena

OVR: 22

The game is balanced to only have 50 x-factor players. Who would you remove to make room for the extra ones? Personally for my Packers i would remove Jaire. He's promising and definitely one of the better corners but he's not exactly a game changer at this point in his career though the ability is there.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Old 08-27-2020, 10:20 PM   #5
SHOW TIME!!

The Kid 24's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodamEscapePlan
I'd like to create a running list of these since whenever we start a new Franchise we'll have to spend time editing them. I noticed in my first sweep during the 10 hour trial that there were quite a few I'd change. I have a ton of experience with making rosters so I'm familiar with all teams but I know that sometimes promising players slip under even the most diligent fan's radar.

So I'm looking for players who are no longer good enough to have the Dev Trait they do have and players who should have a better Dev Trait to start with.

For example, for my Bears:

Akiem Hicks has the Star Dev Trait when I'd say he undoubtedly should be at least a Superstar Dev Trait

Eddie Jackson should also have a Superstar X-Factor, in my opinion.

I'd also argue that Alvin Kamara and Chris Godwin should have the Superstar X-Factor Dev Trait but EA has given them Superstar instead.

You gonna do a roster this year?

You on PS4?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2020, 12:01 AM   #6
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomSellecksMustache
AJ Brown and Jeffrey Simmons should both be Superstar IMO
100% agree!

As a matter of fact, they were two players I changed on my first sweep. I also gave Harold Landry the Superstar Dev Trait -- maybe he hasn't totally earned it yet, but I think he'll be among the best edge players in the league by year's end.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:33 AM   #7
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneamongthefence
The game is balanced to only have 50 x-factor players. Who would you remove to make room for the extra ones? Personally for my Packers i would remove Jaire. He's promising and definitely one of the better corners but he's not exactly a game changer at this point in his career though the ability is there.

#fixmaddenfranchise
Hmm... I guess I didn't realize they strictly kept it at 50 total. That seems like such steep cut-off to me. I've always ran with the idea that every team should have at least one player as a Superstar on both sides of the ball but there have been a few times I've felt like I was stretching a bit too much on some guys and this year, I couldn't stick to that rule as teams like the Dolphins (Offense), Giants (Defense), Jets (Offense), and Raiders (Defense) don't have anyone who is established enough to definitively get the bump from me.

Your suggestion of Jaire Alexander is interesting as he was someone I was surprised when I saw that he was an X-Factor. He's no doubt a lockdown corner but I feel like if he is an X-Factor, guys like Marlon Humphrey, Marshon Lattimore, and Casey Hayward should be too.

For example, I've always changed these player's Dev Traits in the two Franchises I've started:

Bears: Akiem Hicks (Superstar), Kyle Fuller (Superstar), and Eddie Jackson (X-Factor)
Broncos: Courtland Sutton (Superstar), Dalton Risner (Superstar), Bradley Chubb (Superstar), and Justin Simmons (Superstar)
Browns: Odell Beckham Jr. (X-Factor), Jarvis Landry (Superstar), and Denzel Ward (Superstar)
Packers: Aaron Jones (Superstar), Elgton Jenkins (Superstar), and Za'Darius Smith (X-Factor)
Rams: Cooper Kupp (Superstar) & Robert Woods (Superstar)
Saints: Alvin Kamara (X-Factor), Erik McCoy (Superstar), Sheldon Rankins (Superstar), and Marshon Lattimore (Superstar)

As for who I'd take the X-Factor Dev Trait away from? Man, that's tough to say. There are no egregious ones, in my opinion, but I suppose there's a few guys you could argue could be dropped down to Superstar like Nick Chubb, Stefon Diggs, Tyran Mathieu, and I could make an argument that Bobby Wagner and Devin McCourty are kind of living off their past and name value a little bit. I'd say Wagner still deserves having the X-Factor but he's getting close to being signficantly overrated by the Madden rating adjusters. Oh, and Earl Thomas should not be an X-Factor.

I think guys like Minkah Fitzpatrick, T.J. Watt, Chris Godwin, Eddie Jackson, and Marlon Humphrey undoubtably deserve to be X-Factors. They are game-changing players and have proven to be elite at their respective positions, even if their track record isn't very long.

Last edited by BodamEscapePlan; 09-18-2020 at 12:36 AM.
Old 09-18-2020, 12:44 AM   #8
Rookie

BodamEscapePlan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kid 24
You gonna do a roster this year?

You on PS4?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
I had a pre-season roster with a ton of adjustments but it went out of date so quickly and I got a bit lazy and downloaded one of the more popular rosters -- I want to say it's NBA2kbeast2239's but it might be GreenMachineSam's. All I know is I was happy they created a ton of practice squad guys like LaCale London, Artavis Pierce, and put in all the missing guys from the first official roster (Clowney, Barron, Warford, etc.)

...and yes, I'm on PS4. My PSN is BodamEscapePlan. I do plan on putting out my own Draft Classes eventually, I've always been really picky about those.

Last edited by BodamEscapePlan; 09-18-2020 at 12:47 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »