Home

Raiderz4eva and CWSapp Present AFL- American Football League (X1-Fictional Roster)

This is a discussion on Raiderz4eva and CWSapp Present AFL- American Football League (X1-Fictional Roster) within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-22-2016, 10:00 AM   #1
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

OVR: 0
Raiderz4eva and CWSapp Present AFL- American Football League (X1-Fictional Roster)

Raiderz4eva & CWSapp present:
The American Football League

(COOL PICTURE WILL BE POSTED WHEN WE GET TIME)

Whats up!!!!!!!! The CFM file and sliders are officially up on ea share!

GT: SDSU Raiders
Roster- File Name: AFLFictional
User Sliders- File Name: AFLUser
Cpu Sliders- File Name: AFLCpu

Rules and instructions on how to set everything are in the 2nd post!!!!

WELCOME TO THE AFL

Whats have we done in the CFM version?

EVERY SINGLE PLAYER WILL BE EDITED TO THE FULLEST.
  • Name/School
  • Attributes
  • Appearance
  • QB Styles
  • Ratings
  • Traits
EACH TEAM WILL HAVE ITS OWN FEEL/STORY/SCHEME/UNIQUE PLAYERS
  • As of now we plan on making it vital to have a 32 team controlled league and we will tell you what playbooks and schemes for all 32 teams, and then you can focus on your individual team in your franchise to elict the best gameplay.
  • Every team and player will be unique. We will edit EVERYTHING and leave no stone UNTURNED.

Sapp and I have been hard at work to make this happen. We will be providing you guys with a PDF that explains EVERYTHING....
  • Leagues History
  • Last years Awards
  • Last years Standings
  • Last years Stats
  • How the playoffs and SB went last year.
  • A writeup/anylysis of last years draft.
  • What freeagents/UDFA to look out for to sign on your practice squad!
  • Leagues Rivalries and relationships
  • Daniel Jeremiah's top 5 players by Position
  • A top 25 under 25 break down of the league
  • And of course a scouting report on each team.
  • AND MUCH MORE.
The PDF currently sits at 220 pages. Check the 2nd post for details on how to download it.

WHY AFL?!

What makes this roster unique? We made it so that its congruent with Maddens roster. What do i mean by this? Well i cant explain it all as it would take too long, but since EA released their their ratings, Sapp and I have been at work breaking down every posiiton and attribute, and creating formulas and spreadsheets so that this can happen. What does this mean when its all said and done? You can use this roster with our All pro or all Madden sliders (Recommended) depending on your skill or any other sliders of your preference and they WILL work.

Man... Words cannot describe our excitement for this.

WHY A FICTIONAL LEAGUE?

Man fictional leagues were something i slept on TBH, until i tried Sim World's NBA 2k fictional roster (Shameless Plug, but if you havent tried it, go try it, and be on the look out for 2k17's fictional league) and got lost in a whole different universe. You dont get too busy caught up saying things like, (Blake Bortles would never make that throw!), or (Yeah F**king right Latavius Murray would truck Clay Matthews like that), You just play ball and get lost in your franchise where you dont really know anybody, but overtime, you learn about these players and teams like the back of your hand, because its essential to know their strengths and weaknesses if you want to come out on top.

Oh i almost forgot, we will be having some podcasts explaining many different things as well! Be on the lookout for those!

I can keep going on and on, but yall stay classy and just know this....

CFM VERSION IS OUT AND ITS HERE!

twitch: twitch.tv/simworldgaming
youtube: simworldtv
instagram: @simworld4k
twitter:@simworld4k

Raiderz4eva Presents the New Era Lakers

Last edited by raiderz4eva; 10-09-2016 at 12:16 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-22-2016, 10:07 AM   #2
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Re: Raiderz4eva and CWSapp Present AFL- American Football League (X1-Fictional Roster

THE TIME IS HERE GENTLEMEN......

HOW TO SET UP YOUR CFM

Download the PDF here:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rjlj1t...ague_Final.pdf

Don’t sleep on this guys! It is information overload. I know. But take your time, sit down and read this front to back. You wont regret it. Picking a team may be easy, or it may be difficult. You will eventually find the one that fits you best. In this PDF you will get to learn about the league. You will get to enjoy a story that is unique and creative. Our goal was to create a foundation for you guys. What happens next is up to you. If your goal is to play simulation football, these rosters and sliders are for you. But don’t be afraid to take the next step and dive into this PDF. Sapp and I honestly wish we could of provided you guys with more information but at the end of the day, the real story is what you make from this. This should have you creating your own story lines in your franchise. The more you do this, the more you really get lost in it. Don’t be afraid to open up a word document and as you play make your own story. You may share it on OS, or keep it to yourself, or you may just make mental stories, but stories like the ones we provided you are what make a video game feel like real life. At the end of the day, if you love football like we do, this will be an easy read.

Download Roster:

Name: AFL Fictional

Download Sliders:

Name: AFLUser
Name: AFLCpu

Input these game sliders/penalty sliders/ auto sub sliders in the main menu. (Before you start CFM)

Double check sliders with these as these are the initial release date sliders of 10/8/16

AFL CFM SLIDERS

Input these game sliders/penalty sliders/ auto sub sliders in the main menu. (Before you start CFM)

Game options

SKILL LEVEL: ALL MADDEN

QUARTER LENGTH: 15 min (acell on 12 run off)/ Can do 8 min w/ no accel clock but I prefer 15. I feel like I see more substitutions from cpu with 15min 12 run off and I cant call as many audibles and hot routes and potentially cheese the cpu. If you think your games are high scoring and want more of a defensive battle. Lower to 14/13 minutes.

Game Speed: Normal

Defensive ball hawk/ heat seeker/switch assist: ON

Auto strafe: Off

Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 50
Player speed parity scale: 55

Penalties

Offside: 60
False Start: 55
Offensive Holding: 55
Defensive Holding: 50
Facemask: 50
Illegal block in the back: 50
Roughing the passer: 50
Defensive pass interference: 50

(Heart breaking one I had to do. After getting my sliders I was seeing how pass coverage reacted with this. And I tested 25 and 75 as well as 59 and I kept seeing the streak cheese in effect. I tried 50 and it was perfect coverage and the streak cheese was very balanced and 50/50 balls with a elite receiver and corner. At 51 it was back to WR having the advantage. I want PI penalties, but its usually only called on deep balls so I was ok with it being rarely called at 50 especially since it helped with coverage)

Everything ON.

Sliders: Player/CPU

Qb Accuracy: 19/15
Pass Blocking: 25/17
WR Catching: 42/40
Run Blocking: 44/62
Fumbles: 50/50
Reaction Time: 75/88
Interceptions: 39/27
Pass Coverage: 65/79
Tackling: 35/47

Special Teams:
Everything 50/50

Assign Autosubs

Out-60
In-80

For every position

Updated sliders will be found at this link on the 2nd post.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-rosters/887387-raiderz4eva-cwsapp-present-afl-american-football-league-x1-fictional-roster-7.html

Disclaimer on sliders: I made these sliders that produce simulation results as best as I could. I’ve had some weird games and as always sliders are always a work in progress. I made these sliders by using the teams Sapp and I made and playing against cpu. For example the worst offensive line and rb combo versus the best d line/ best defense. And vice versa and then made sure middle of the road teams were meeting the average. I did this for everything. Pass rush (even got the stop watch out), wr, qb stats, and etc. EVERYTHING. And then I cross-referenced this with CPU V CPU game play (Absolutely vital to the process). If you are noticing things being too easy don’t be afraid to bump things up or down1-2. Every ones skill is different. I think these sliders are difficult, others who have tried them have enjoyed them, so if they aren’t for you I do apologize but don’t hesitate to ask what for my opinion on what you can do to make something easier/harder I will be glad to help. And if at the end of the day that wont do it, try someone else’s sliders or your own. We want you to have fun.

Load the AFL roster and get ready to head to CFM.

Start your OFFLINE CFM. Why offline? You have more control, and a better sim experience as opposed to the cloud. Click start a new franchise and click use active roster.
· Select the team that picked you after reading the PDF.
· Create your own custom Head Coach.
· Select the playbook that is listed in the PDF or one of your own. For example if it says 3-4 defensive playbook, you can pick any teams playbook in the NFL that runs a 3-4. That is strictly personnel recommendation. But we also made teams that had a different defense in the AFL have the ability to run like their real life counterpart if you don’t want to make the switch for cpu teams.
· Start from Preseason
· Edit league settings:
o Coach Firing: On
§ Choose your goals wisely, or say hello to another team! Plus I find it fascinating when the cpu owner fires there coach and a new one comes in who runs a different scheme and you see a lot of position changes and they draft to fit that coaches playstyle. Some may not like this but I do, and they generally do a good job and its better for the team in the long run.
o Salary Cap: ON
o Relocation Settings: Users only. (You decide if they should move, but im not sure you can on coach only)
o Injuries: ON
o Pre existing injuries OFF
o Practice Squad Stealing: ON
o Player Progression Freq: Every 4 weeks
· Clock Management:
o Quarter Length: 15 minutes
o Accel clock: ON
o Minimum play clock time: 12 seconds.
· User team help
o Everything off!
· Click start CFM

Input T’dawgs XP sliders: Big shoutout to you man! These are excellent.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football-sliders/887789-tdawgs-madden-17-xp-sliders.html

Upload current sliders to CFM. Triple check sliders to make sure they are all correct. Input auto sub sliders. Do not do formation subs until the regular season as it will force the guys you put in to play in the later quarters.

HOUSE RULES:

When you FIRST start your CFM. Look at your roster and set your depth chart and schemes for every position. Look at your roster and jot down some positions you THINK you could upgrade in free agency. Then play your first preseason game and then look at those positions closely. You could think differently after the first game. Then you may proceed to sign free agents after the game but before advance. you may sign one 75 and above free agent, one 74-70 overall free agent, and one 69-65 overall free agent. You may fill out your roster with anyone 65 overall and below. When you are comparing free agents please do not trust overalls. And please do not compare and contrast every rating. This will lose the emersion for you. Click a player you might be interested in and check out the 8 main traits that madden gives you and ask your self is this person a kind of player you want. If you are specifically looking for a third down back, the catching isn’t listed as the 8 main traits so you can look at that, but limit looking at every rating. Have some surprises and have some bust signings. Even for the 65 and below guys. Let their play do the talking on the field in the preseason.

Disclaimer: For some weird reason Madden has coded some free agents who aren’t even on the roster file into your CFM and so there are a couple NFL players that surface. What I plan on doing is signing them. Editing their awareness to 0 and then releasing them. It’s a pain I know, but if it bothers you as much as it bothers me itll be worth the fix. Here is a list of those guys.
· RT Phil Loadholt
· LT Eugene Monroe
· CB Charles Tillman
· DT Kevin Williams
· WR Greg Jennings
· WR Lance Moore
· RE Chris Clemons
If you find more please post on the thread or DM so we can add to this list. Thank you. You will also see the stars of the NFL as punters/kickers and some other position but they are lowly rated. I was going to rename them, but that is too much work. They eventually phase out.

Preseason playing time recommendations

1st quarter: Starter
2nd quarter: Back ups
3rd and 4th quarters: The rest of your guys

*Things I like to do in the preseason if I have a hot competition at a certain position I may alternate drives between the two. I may start player A one game, and then player B the next game.

*Superstar players, quarterbacks, or injury prone players may only get one drive. Depends on my mood and how my team is playing in the preseason.

Preseason weeks 2-4* Free agents
You may sign any one free agent 75 overall and below. The CPU takes all of preseason to sign guys from the free agent pool, you can literally make a bad team good if you go free agent signing crazy.

Regular season Free agents:
You may only sign injury exceptions if you have expanded all of your options and want to look else where. Try and limit your regular season signings to a minimum. Especially the top guys.

Free Agent Injury Exception:
You may sign a free agent to replace an injured player. Please do keep in mind that you do have back ups so let them play. Say I have an injury to say my starting FS and I go and sign a replacement, I must play a back up or someone who has been on the roster the following week before letting the replacement play. So if I have an injury week 2 and sign a replacement, my replacement isn’t eligible to play until week 4. They have to learn the playbook. The only exception to this is defensive pass rushers, which you can use in formation subs on nickel and dime packages the first week. This one is important. We see it in the NFL the same week they are signed they are usually only in nickel and dime packages. Did Sam Bradford play the first week Bridgewater got injured?

Offensive linemen injury:

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/madden-nfl-football/886435-offensive-lineman-injury-generator.html

Shout out to Jermeym480 for these! These are perfect and add an insane twist to your franchise to keep it realistic. I plan on not using these in preseason, but will be using it in the regular season!

Practice Squad:
Right before the start of the regular season You may sign one top 5 eligible practice squad player on the offensive side of their respected position and one on the defensive side. The rest have to be below top 5 of their respected position. Choose wisely. Once the season begins and you are in week 1 and the CPU has had their choice of practice squad players you may sign whoever to your PS.

Sniping:
Any player you snipe from a CPU’s practice squad must be on your active roster for a minimum of 4 weeks. This is how it is in real life.

Formation subs:
Ball out! Give guys a breather, give your back ups some PT, this literally changes the way madden plays and makes it more simulation based than ever before. Make sure to do this at the first week of the regular season.

Things I look at formation sub wise
· Back up running backs give them a couple formations of their own. You will learn how many formations you need for a back up after trial and error. For other teams with a bad back up, I make sure to only put them in 5-6 formations.
· If you have better pass rushers at LOLB and ROLB, then defensive ends, I put them in on dime and nickel formations.
· Best coverage linebackers on nickel and dime on the field.
· If I have a strictly run stopping NT I will give him half of the nickel formation subs, and a pass rusher in the other nickel formations. He is not on the field in dime and quarters formations.
· Corners and safeties I leave alone. On some formations that bring in a 3rd safety, I will compare him to the 4th corner and see who I want in.

Trades:

1 year: No trades. Keep your team in tact. Learn about your team. In the offseason you can make trades before the draft.

Use this trade guide as a reference: Big shout out to Justin H. for making this!

https://www.mediafire.com/?0k9dvkw2a0tpo71

This is to keep things somewhat fair. The CPU team also has to accept the trade. It is not perfect but it should help everyone from cheesing the CPU!

You don’t need to use the guide when you are actually making trades in the draft. Madden did a fantastic job this year in that regard in my opinion.

Offseason Free agents house rules: This one is a tough one, and will be updated after I get lost in my franchise. So many variables. We will get you some though. Be on the look out for a contract guide! Coming soon…..

GAMEPLAY:

Going for it on 4th Down:

1. Anytime after the 50 yard line with LESS THAN 5 yards to go.
2. Whenever you are losing in the 4th quarter.
3. Whenever you are down by 21 or more points.

At the end of the day you will do what you have to do to win, and everyone has different definitions of simulation football, this is just a reference.

Hurry Up Offense:

Hurry up is permitted only when:
2 min left in half and/or game
Down by 21 or more at any point in game
Down in 4th quarter.

If you like to constantly run the no huddle, you may need to decrease the quarter length and be aware you will see more injuries. Like going for it on 4th down, this is just a reference.
PLAYCALLING:

Offense: Mix it up. I have a 3 play cap on one specific play in a game. You have a big playbook, dig deep into it. If you notice the game play feeling the same, and you are calling too many of the same plays. USE A DIFFERENT PLAYBOOK!

Audibles: If you have a rookie QB playing you cannot call audibles or hot routes until year two. Or if you don’t like it that, try using the amount of wins with your rookie QB as the cap to how many Audibles you can call per game. You may flip running plays and call max protection. You may hotroute rb/fb/te to block. But that’s it! If you make the playoffs with a rookie qb you may choose to either call audibles or hot routes. You shouldn’t pick both. QB’s rarely get the freedom to do this there rookie year. RARELY. Also if you sign a free agent QB who is not a rookie they cannot call audibles or hot routes until week 4. Give them time to learn the offense. If you have a new starting qb who has been on the team, he can call audibles and hot routes as he knows the offense. You may not like these rules but they make it realistic. And the added difficulty is always fun!

Vetran QBs: This is entirely up to you, but try to keep a cap of 15 audibles per game and only 1 hot route per play. Its easy to cheese the CPU, anyone can find it. Try playing with unlimited but if it gets too easy, reference back to this
Defense: I do not have a 3 play cap on one specific play but I do follow concepts that my players fit best in and call a variety of those and sprinkle in other things.

Creating current coach for your opponent!
*Make sure to not do formation subs for CPU or users until the regular season!

Shoutout to Armor and Sword for this!
(This is a quote from his slider page)

TDawgs XP House Rules

Couple of final points before you start your CFM!!!!!!!

House rules may not be for you, at the end of the day, do what you want, use some, use all or use none. We just believe that these are what it takes to provide a fully functional competitive simulation franchise that is fun and refreshing week in and week out. Atleast give them a try in the preseason and see which ones work for you and which ones don’t. You will still have a very fun experience without them.

If you feel like your CFM is getting boring, don’t be afraid to play a game of the week with some other teams. This project is huge, and to limit yourself to one team for so long is fun and all, but trying out other teams after sticking with one for a while can be a breath of fresh air.

Shoutouts

I want to thank the community of Operation Sports for providing us a platform to create this on and give to the world. Big shout out to everyone who has played a part in this. Honestly. Tdawgs XP sliders, Armor and Swords instructions for setting up your opponent, Justin’s Trade chart, and Jeremeym480’s offensive line injury generator. The OS community is a blessing and I truly think with all of our mixed efforts we can provide everyone with something that is fully fictional and allows users to play simulation football without all the familiar names and faces. As you play with these, please provide feedback on everything; input will make this roster and the sliders a lot better and at the end of the day, that’s all we went.

I want to take time to thank my right hand man CWSapp. This man is a beast. This project would not have happened if it weren’t for him. His expertise in naming players, making sure there were no duplicates, making sure there wasn’t too many of the same colleges and that there was a realistic results is all thanks to him. His ability to balance teams and be a Spreadsheet guru is insane. His attention to detail is what took this project to the next level. The man has a family and a full time job, and of course is one of the masterminds behind the entire 2k Sim World project, and always found a way to put time into the AFL even when he had other pressing matters. For that brother, I thank you and appreciate you.

Shout out to Dreece, I’ve said this before in the thread, he showed me how detail oriented he was in making the fictional roster for 2k, and while Madden doesn’t have tendencies like 2k does, he showed that at the end of the day all I got is to work with what’s available and to do my best. Man when I first joined Sim World, Dreece kept talking about Cpu V Cpu testing for 2k, and boy did I tell myself, “who in the world wants to watch CPU V CPU that’s boring and no fun.” I never told him that of course, and I was low key judging to the fullest. And while I did half of my testing User V CPU for the AFL, the other half that really made the difference in my opinion was testing CPU v CPU. I appreciate you Dreece for expanding my mind and showing me a new way to look at things.

Shout out to Blindside. This was my right hand man back in nba 2k16 in the ficitional dynasties and we had stories for days and were constantly shooting ideas back and forth to make our dynasties more better and realistic. I use that same mindset when making these house rules, and at times I would tell myself, what would blindside do.

Shout out to That Michigan Fan. Real talk, always helped me slider testing, always gave good input/feedback, but he gave me so much motivation man, especially towards the end. Started a franchise early despite the fact that the PDF wasn’t done and was constantly telling me how insane his preseason games had been, how he found gems in the FA pool, that were balling out in preseason and of course, helped me on the house rules.

Shout out to miz468, hushroomHoppy806, Titans4lyfe, Arlingtonwil, Billy Batson, 2kMaddenGamer1994. Yall have been following from the get go and I appreciate it.

If you enjoy this project, make sure to check out “The League” A fictional basketball league brought to you by the Sim World team. A lot of my motivation and ideas stemmed from this project, but if you like this project, but maybe not like basketball, this could literally make you a fan of basketball. It’s amazing and don’t sleep on it!

www.operationsports.com/forums/nba-2k-basketball-rosters/886587-simworld-presents-league-nba2k17-fictional-roster-xbox-one.html

HAVE FUN & PLAY SIM! PEACE OUT

Last edited by raiderz4eva; 10-09-2016 at 12:19 AM.
Old 08-22-2016, 10:08 AM   #3
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Re: Raiderz4eva and CWSapp Present AFL- American Football League (X1-Fictional Roster

RESERVED FOR PDF LINK AND PODCASTS

Old 08-23-2016, 08:16 AM   #4
MVP

miz468's Arena

OVR: 7

So hype for this, guys.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 09:54 PM   #5
SimWorld NBA 2K Guru

Dreece's Arena

OVR: 19

Soooooo how did I NOT know about this until today.. New challenge awaits!
#SimWorldSports #SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 02:32 AM   #6
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Much love guys, Sapp and i have been slaving awaying at this. As of now, every single qb(starters/back ups and free agent) and rb(starter/back ups/ and free agents) are complete! We will slowly start leaking info regarding the stars in the league so you can get familiar with them!

Old 08-24-2016, 05:21 PM   #7
Rookie

Titans4lyfe's Arena

OVR: 6

Can't wait for this!!!
NCAAB: Duke Blue Devils
Old 08-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #8
Rookie

raiderz4eva's Arena

Was able to finish all the full backs(starters/backups free agents) finished 120 wide receivers as well. Going to try and finish 100 more receivers before the weekend starts so that I can do tight ends and linemen this weekend. We working around the clock on this one boys and shout out to BReed for hopping on the team to help with individual focus pieces on select players! Sapp been crazy grinding too. It's about to be lit y'all !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »