Home

Please give us a Player and Team vault

This is a discussion on Please give us a Player and Team vault within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Please give us a Player and Team vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
A close second vote would be for an external or in game editor that allows global editing of ratings.

Right now, to get a roster I want, I have to start with a base roster someone else, or EA made and edit every single player across all teams. That is a herculean task. A global editor would at least allow for quicker ratings editing, but we would still have to trudge through name, appearance, equipment edits one by one.

PC users I believe may already have this? I know getting an editor for the consoles is not possible at this time due to encryption, saving, etc. Maybe it is time for me to think about moving to PC, although I dread laying out twice the cost or more of a console to do so.

C
THAT is what the community really needs.

Base rosters are created in minutes
Mass ratings edits
Easy to port, roster to roster
Easies means of player creation

Really can go on and on with the advantages..
Old 01-30-2021, 04:41 PM   #10
Rookie

flatscan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
After the OBannon and Brown lawsuits, I don't think EA would dare go down this road.
don't they have likeness rights to many of these historic players? heck, they even put Sam Keller on Madden 2008!
Old 01-30-2021, 04:42 PM   #11
Rookie

flatscan's Arena

that would be great if they would update all of the older players from previous Madden games!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-31-2021, 08:38 AM   #12
Banned

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by flatscan
that would be great if they would update all of the older players from previous Madden games!
They can't and won't due to the Jim Brown lawsuit. But...if the general public made these players then I think the line is fuzzy on if they can be held accountable. Either way, I doubt they will ever even go near either representing or hosting a repository of players no longer in current NFL. Yet, there are dozens of classic roster files with classic players in roster vault now...so I don't know.

They can and should give us player and team export/import capabilities to at least use user created/edited players in our own rosters so as not to have to create or edit every single player from scratch for classic rosters.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »