Home

Please give us a Player and Team vault

This is a discussion on Please give us a Player and Team vault within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
How SDS Can Improve the 'Full Minors' Feature for MLB The Show 21
Top 10 Shootout Players to Fear in NHL 21
Skatebird Preview - Updated Hands-On With New Rooftop Level
Poll: What's more important to you, when the time comes to purchase a game? (Click to vote)

Old 01-18-2021, 06:14 PM   #1
All Star

OVR: 21
Please give us a Player and Team vault

After years and years of asking and wishing and hoping (wasn't that a song?), I am still pleading for EA to give us a Player and Team vault.

Player vault just like MLB the Show. A player and team vault where you could export specific players or teams from a roster (like the 66 Packers, 72 Dolphins, etc) and upload to the vault.

How easy would this make classic roster making??? You could download teams and/or specific players to import into your roster set. Of course, they would have to give us a basic export/import functionality as well. What a database of players and teams we could build!

The Show does it. Why can't...or should I say "won't", this be done?

C
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-18-2021, 06:39 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 6
re: Please give us a Player and Team vault

Quote:
Originally Posted by capa
After years and years of asking and wishing and hoping (wasn't that a song?), I am still pleading for EA to give us a Player and Team vault.

Player vault just like MLB the Show. A player and team vault where you could export specific players or teams from a roster (like the 66 Packers, 72 Dolphins, etc) and upload to the vault.

How easy would this make classic roster making??? You could download teams and/or specific players to import into your roster set. Of course, they would have to give us a basic export/import functionality as well. What a database of players and teams we could build!

The Show does it. Why can't...or should I say "won't", this be done?

C
Cross platform sharing would be nice as well.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Old 01-18-2021, 06:44 PM   #3
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

OVR: 0

If 2K had rights to the NFL market this would be the standard, not the problem.

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Old 01-20-2021, 11:27 PM   #4
MVP

jerwoods's Arena

OVR: 1

they will not do that because ea thinks noone wouild buy the next game
Old 01-27-2021, 02:57 PM   #5
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Re: Please give us a Player and Team vault

After the OBannon and Brown lawsuits, I don't think EA would dare go down this road.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-27-2021, 05:11 PM   #6
Rookie

StayODD's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden08PCgmr
After the OBannon and Brown lawsuits, I don't think EA would dare go down this road.
Yet San Diego Studios owned by SONY and 2K Games take the "risk" ?

It's understandable that these companies avoid creating likeness intentionally to avoid litigation from members outside of any of the unions that sign off on the use of likeness in any video games. For The Show and 2K to give you a portal in which you can download user created content does not violate the anti trust laws in the O'Bannon case, which makes that aspect null and void. The line would be crossed if EA, 2K or The Show had their own created likeness available with purchase of individuals who are not part of these unions, which they do not. Selling these games without a likeness to Barry Bonds, Bill Belichick and others is in agreement with the respective unions behind each league represented.

In short, having user generated likenesses available in a portal for download isn't a risk. If having user created content was a "risk" at all Madden wouldn't allow the ability to share rosters in which users can in fact create who ever the want and slap numbers and names on the back of their created content to represent a likeness of any player. I think the simple fact is Madden and EA are a little behind the times when it comes to the user customization experience while titles like The Show and NBA 2K are giving their user base what they ultimately feel should be the standard.

EA = Refusal to change with the times and will continue to stick to their guns until given reason not to.

2K + The Show = Titles in which continue to provide prompt and consistent response to their communities requests for change.

MADDEN 21 ROSTERS

DONATIONS VIA PAYPAL
Old 01-27-2021, 05:47 PM   #7
MVP

Madden08PCgmr's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by StayODD
Yet San Diego Studios owned by SONY and 2K Games take the "risk" ?
Its one thing for the end user to take the time to do what they want. They're not posting anything for profit. Worst thing that can be done is their content can be taken down.

If EA starts housing blocks of unlicensed players under their roof, I can see how it would become a problem.

I can see that becoming a problem for SDS and 2k as well. Just because they haven't been sued yet doesn't mean they won't be.

And honestly, there are number of players in the SDS Vault that look BETTER than their licensed counterpart. The likeness is spot on. With Madden, I could add Brett Farve or Deion Sanders stats, and they were "in the game" Thats what won the Obannon and Brown suits in the first place.

Its a slippery slope. I don't think EA will go near this.

.. as fans/roster builders, I think its on us to share our work, apart from these entities. I think with PC and cross-gen, that is going to be alot easier going forward.

Last edited by Madden08PCgmr; 01-27-2021 at 05:51 PM.
Old 01-28-2021, 09:10 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 21

A close second vote would be for an external or in game editor that allows global editing of ratings.

Right now, to get a roster I want, I have to start with a base roster someone else, or EA made and edit every single player across all teams. That is a herculean task. A global editor would at least allow for quicker ratings editing, but we would still have to trudge through name, appearance, equipment edits one by one.

PC users I believe may already have this? I know getting an editor for the consoles is not possible at this time due to encryption, saving, etc. Maybe it is time for me to think about moving to PC, although I dread laying out twice the cost or more of a console to do so.

C

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »