Home

Working around roster editing?

This is a discussion on Working around roster editing? within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-05-2021, 11:15 PM   #1
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Working around roster editing?

One of my favorite custom rosters for M20 was a roster that essentially 'rebooted' the NFL and had every team made up of only players at or below a 69 overall threshold. The stars of the league were relegated to Kickers and Punters, which would work out nicely as most of them would disappear with the first two offseasons in CFM (save for Fletcher Cox, who the Eagles liked so much they decided to keep a 300+LB kicker for a good while).

I can't find a similar roster for M21 on PS4 (not interested in a fictional roster since those still have 'great' players in them plus most of the fun is seeing which journeymen in the NFL turn into superstars overnight) so I was attempting to make it myself.

However I continually run into problems while editing the roster, particularly with the salary cap. Since you can't edit contracts from the main menu, it's a constant battle to work the rosters while removing good players and adding bad (compounded by the roster requirements of x amount of players per specific position) without really having a clear idea of where each team is pertaining to the cap itself.

Basically, is there any easier way to edit the rosters? In a perfect world I'd be able to cut all the good players, switch them to Kicker/Punter and just rebuild the rosters as I see fit with lesser players but it's a monster challenge to do so.

I just thought of the idea of just starting the entire process in franchise itself since I could, in theory, edit the good players contracts to nothing, switch their positions, release them and re-build the rosters there. Though I'd much rather have the roster ready outside of the mode itself.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2021, 08:08 PM   #2
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Working around roster editing?

Do the edits inside franchise mode? 32 team owner control? You could then retire all the owners you don't intend to control when done?

Just spit balling. I never cared for legacy scores which this might wreck... but it sounds like thats maybe what you're going for?

Just save the base file before you start playing

You can do all the cuts you want if you continously clear the cap penalties

The cap being stuck in roster editing has been an issue since 360 at least
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.

Last edited by Rondo is GOD; 02-06-2021 at 08:10 PM.
Old 02-07-2021, 12:52 PM   #3
Pro

Cory Levy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Working around roster editing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rondo is GOD
Do the edits inside franchise mode? 32 team owner control? You could then retire all the owners you don't intend to control when done?

Just spit balling. I never cared for legacy scores which this might wreck... but it sounds like thats maybe what you're going for?

Just save the base file before you start playing

You can do all the cuts you want if you continously clear the cap penalties

The cap being stuck in roster editing has been an issue since 360 at least

That's probably what I'm going to attempt to do. The only foreseeable problem I can think of would be sheer running out of players. The ability to disable the minimum roster size will help with that as will playing with injuries turned off for the first two years (a necessity until the draft 'fills' out the rest of the league).

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »