Home

Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

This is a discussion on Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster within the Madden NFL Football Rosters forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 07-10-2021, 09:22 PM   #17
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

You could assign generic playbooks on madden 20 as well. Even under a guest profile. Was that removed in 21?
Old 07-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #18
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steelers4190
You could assign generic playbooks on madden 20 as well. Even under a guest profile. Was that removed in 21?
No it is there. I just was not sure Percussion knew you could do it on 21 NG. So I am sure it will work on 22 NG.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 07-16-2021, 11:28 PM   #19
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
No it is there. I just was not sure Percussion knew you could do it on 21 NG. So I am sure it will work on 22 NG.
Plz tell me how do you assign custom playbooks to teams I'm using percussions 1999 roster and I'm controlling all 32 teams can you tell me how to do that would greatly appreciate it.
Old 07-17-2021, 05:27 PM   #20
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Madden 22 PS5 1990 Roster

Quote:
Originally Posted by C BLOCK
Plz tell me how do you assign custom playbooks to teams I'm using percussions 1999 roster and I'm controlling all 32 teams can you tell me how to do that would greatly appreciate it.

They can only be used for the team you select in the game start up screen in franchise mode. At the game start up menu you will see them when you scroll the playbook in advanced options.

In play now mode, you can assign to both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 07-21-2021, 04:06 AM   #21
MVP

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
They can only be used for the team you select in the game start up screen in franchise mode. At the game start up menu you will see them when you scroll the playbook in advanced options.

In play now mode, you can assign to both teams.

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
You can use them for both teams in CFM too. Or at least with cpu vs cpu you can. The team you’re playing against, make sure they have 3 qbs, and take over the opponent by doing player mode and choosing their 3rd string qb. Using custom playbooks in cfm is a game changer. It’s even better than play now because you can change the schemes. I really like using the Multiple Power/Zone Scheme. This seems to get them to hand to the full back more. I see them split up the carries more. The Multiple schemes with ITP’s runheavy books is way more smashmouth than it already is. I’ve been doing this with classic teams on madden 20.

Using these excellent playbooks he made is like a patch to the game. Especially with cpu vs cpu.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 07-24-2021, 01:07 PM   #22
Banned

tuckermaine's Arena

Will Ea allow the Custom Playbooks to be used for all teams when playing games in Franchise?
Will they allow customization of the “Face editor” in all venues of their game not just one?
Will Ea allow customization of equipment- Body types- Stadiums- Camera angles-?

Here’s to hoping…
Old 07-24-2021, 06:02 PM   #23
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckermaine
Will Ea allow the Custom Playbooks to be used for all teams when playing games in Franchise?
Will they allow customization of the “Face editor” in all venues of their game not just one?
Will Ea allow customization of equipment- Body types- Stadiums- Camera angles-?

Here’s to hoping…
I can answer no to all of those questions based on the beta.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-02-2021, 10:03 AM   #24
MVP

I am getting more excited about M22 release all of the time! I cannot wait to get started on 1990 and then the 1991 draft class!

As I always do when EA releases its full player ratings, I have been going over their ratings. This helps me in a number of ways to see the high and low end of their ratings. I know EA stated they looked at SPD and ACC more this year and made some adjustments to OVR calculations. The SPD and ACC is nothing dramatic and seems more in line with my ratings anyway. As for OVR, I am hoping they release something definitive as to what the calculations are, but I am not expecting it.

A note on OVR and this is for EA rosters and my rosters alike. Too many people get caught up on the OVR they see in the main menu roster screen. I simply cannot stand the arguments in the rating thread about, "this player is a 93 but this guy is only a 92. How is that possible?!?!?!"
Everyone seems to forget that the OVR is not calculated the same for every player. What is generally displayed is the OVR in that players archetype. This is important to understand because the rating percentages are calculated differently for each archetype, that results in a different OVR. A scrambling QB might have a high OVR, not due to being a great passer, but because of their running ability which is factored into their OVR.
Anyway, enough of my ratings rant and back to 1990!

My intent is to get started on the roster during the EA trail period. I will not get too much done during that time because I will also do some other testing here and there. Then, I will have the full game on the early release date. Yes, I buy the slightly more expensive version to get the game a few days early.

I will work on the roster every chance I get, but I have some additional plans for this roster, so it will take a little longer to release.
What are those plans?
First, if you have played my rosters in the past you know that I normally do not care about colleges being correct. However, I will be making sure they are accurate for this roster. That might seem like a small thing, but that simple edit adds a substantial amount of time for the entire roster.

Second, The expansion teams will be Canadian Football Teams. I have done this before but I usually loosely base the players on the real players. I have spent more time looking at CFL stats and will be trying to more closely replicate the accuracy of those players as well. However, if you are a CFL fan, do not expect it to be perfect by any means.

Third, Free agents. I am going to try to make more FAs for this roster. Normally I just lower the FAs and make a few guys for each position, but I want to fill out the list a bit more this time. How many FAs I will make I do not know.

Fourth, EA announced that it added over 100 faces for editing purposes. That it GREAT news for me in working on the roster. However, that means more time looking through faces to get the right one, especially in the early process.

So, while none of those items themselves will take a great deal of time, together it will add up, so please by patient.

Once I am done with the roster I will work on the 1991 draft class. That is as long as created classes work well with the new scouting system and all.
I am open to having help on the draft class if anyone is interested. What would be ideal is for someone to edit a draft class names, colleges, etc and have that done about the time I finish the 1990 roster. Then, I will take care of ratings and equipment and any cleanup that needs done. If you are interested in helping in that process send me a message and we will talk about it.

I am hoping to have the 1990 roster finished by Halloween.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Rosters »